[RESOLVED]DCS 1.5.7 stutters heavily unit related

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi SNAFU

the SAM issue in 2.1 is known, and the ED team are working on it

would be nice if they fix the "lock all players" bug while they're at it....

(ie.. if a SAM locks someone, all players on that side get the lock indication through RWR)

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

(ie.. if a SAM locks someone, all players on that side get the lock indication through RWR)

This

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

ok we finally took the step and upgraded to the latest version (1.5.7.8899.335) in the 132nd.

During today's training we had 6 A10s, 2 Mi-8s, 2 Mirage and 3 Ka-50s, as well as 3 players as ATC/AWACS connected via LotAtc and nobody had any lag or spikes. We were very happy with the performance of 1.5.7 maybe it helps to know that some users and not all have the issue, in order to track down what is causing it for those who have it.

well, while it was working in the training mission, yesterday we ran a combat event in a simulated warzone. The very same miz file that never gave us any problems in 1.5.6 yesterday made for some unwanted comedy. We had people warping all over the place, helicopters flying backwards and ground units warping in and out the terrain.

It was a gigantic cluster and a major waste of time for all involved.

We will, once again have to roll back to 1.5.6 even if it means that we are at this time apparently the only MP server on the old version.

Edited by BIGNEWY

That is not a bug per se, if you could see that SAM on the RWR before it locked someone, then you should get the lock warning when it does lock somebody. The RWR detects signals, the direction they come from, and their kind. It can tell that an emitter is in search mode or in track (lock) mode but it cannot tell who is being locked, so it makes sense that everybody gets the lock tone. However, it you should only get the lock warning if your RWR can detect that radar i.e. close enough and within the radar beam.

I have no other channel to communicate with ED, so I have to use this forum, even that I have heard ED does not like criticism here.

Update 1.5.7 DCS has made DCS very unstable, we are getting stuttering, and FPS drops. Latest fix update did not solve the issues

These issues makes it not fun playing the game. Many of us spends hours on hours making missions, strives to keep communities alive, and servers populated.

The work will be wasted if ED not fixing the issues with this version rather soon, and it might be easy to solve the bug, but to rebuild the communities can take years.

Regards

• Like 2

Moose framework contributor

• ED Team
I have no other channel to communicate with ED, so I have to use this forum, even that I have heard ED does not like criticism here.

Update 1.5.7 DCS has made DCS very unstable, we are getting stuttering, and FPS drops. Latest fix update did not solve the issues

These issues makes it not fun playing the game. Many of us spends hours on hours making missions, strives to keep communities alive, and servers populated.

The work will be wasted if ED not fixing the issues with this version rather soon, and it might be easy to solve the bug, but to rebuild the communities can take years.

Regards

We allow criticism, just some dont know how to do it in mature and courteous manner. If you are ever in doubt read the forum rules, don't break any of the rules, no issues.

As for the stuttering, it is reported, it is known by ED and they are looking into it.

Everyone has different machines software and setups, which is a factor, this is not an easy thing to fix with so many variables. We have some issues with radar currently which is making the issue worse.

I dont get stutters, and many others do not either, but like I have said ED are aware and looking into it.

It would be helpful if you added your system spec to your reply, ED will look at it.

thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Its good you accept criticism!

However I not sure you want my system spec, it counts over 100 client PCs and 3 servers and I am not sure if doable:). Even thousands of lines with LUA code. I am afraid if problem soon solved there will a lot less clients PC!

Regards

Moose framework contributor

• ED Team

the more data we collect the easier it is to resolve.

start with your machines system specification or attach a dxdiag

criticism is great, but alone it does not really help

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

FlightControls system spec

Find dxdiag.txt attached.

It should contain all the information you need.

What I also suggest to do, I have a mission (Gori Valley), which ran fine in 1.5.6. And it completely collapses in 1.5.7.

It is the mission that triggered me initially to post this thread here. And I ran this on this machine reported in dxdiag.txt.

Shall I post this here?

FC

DxDiag.txt

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

• ED Team

We are good for missions, we have a few examples, and I have produce tracks for our reports already

thanks

Sweet, let's hope that's enough to provide for a fix within a reasonable time frame :)

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

I dont get stutters, and many others do not either, but like I have said ED are aware and looking into it.

It would be helpful if you added your system spec to your reply, ED will look at it.

thanks

Hello BIGNEWY, many thanks for replying and posting here, it is appreciated greatly!

Be advised, I also never had any stutter and our entire squad had no problem running our training mission file on 1.5.7. However, the combat mission (which contains in contrast to the training mission active red units) was completely unplayable for any of us, regardless of specs. We never had the problem under 1.5.6

edit: if it helps, when I was alone on the server, everything ran fine. With more people joining (we only had 15 or so max in total) it went downhill and the warping began

Hello.

Unfortunately in the past few weeks DCS has been a mess in multiplayer.

In our community we are unable to run any mission that previously ran just fine. First couple of minutes it starts kinda ok, but a dozen minutes into the gameplay it's all a big mess, units and players flying sideways, teleportation, hovering mid-air, and unwanted collisions during taxi. It's like hell and heaven having a war here on earth. (Fortunately, I haven't experienced low framerate for quite some time, all problems seem to be netcode related).

It's an intensive job keeping together a hundred-player clan, and having issues like this doesn't help much, having players flip their table again and again, week after week. It shatters the communities. We're at risk losing people if it keeps that way.

I don't have direct access to our servers so can't give an exact hardware report, but I heard it has 64Gb ram, some i7 cpu, and that while everyone is actively lagging, server reports usage of cpu,ram, disk, all bellow 20%

If it helps, I'll attach my specs bellow. (although framerate wasn't a problem for me for a while, it's the massive lag and teleport and desync)

Thank you for your time.

DxDiag.txt

• Like 1

• ED Team
Hello BIGNEWY, many thanks for replying and posting here, it is appreciated greatly!

Be advised, I also never had any stutter and our entire squad had no problem running our training mission file on 1.5.7. However, the combat mission (which contains in contrast to the training mission active red units) was completely unplayable for any of us, regardless of specs. We never had the problem under 1.5.6

edit: if it helps, when I was alone on the server, everything ran fine. With more people joining (we only had 15 or so max in total) it went downhill and the warping began

If the mission had active Radar SAM units this could be the issue related to performance, the warping is a different problem and probably best for another thread so we don't confuse the issue, I have been trying to reproduce, but have been unable so far, but still looking.

• ED Team
Hello.

Unfortunately in the past few weeks DCS has been a mess in multiplayer.

In our community we are unable to run any mission that previously ran just fine. First couple of minutes it starts kinda ok, but a dozen minutes into the gameplay it's all a big mess, units and players flying sideways, teleportation, hovering mid-air, and unwanted collisions during taxi. It's like hell and heaven having a war here on earth. (Fortunately, I haven't experienced low framerate for quite some time, all problems seem to be netcode related).

It's an intensive job keeping together a hundred-player clan, and having issues like this doesn't help much, having players flip their table again and again, week after week. It shatters the communities. We're at risk losing people if it keeps that way.

I don't have direct access to our servers so can't give an exact hardware report, but I heard it has 64Gb ram, some i7 cpu, and that while everyone is actively lagging, server reports usage of cpu,ram, disk, all bellow 20%

If it helps, I'll attach my specs bellow. (although framerate wasn't a problem for me for a while, it's the massive lag and teleport and desync)

Thank you for your time.

Thanks for the Dxdiag and feedback

as mentioned ED is aware and looking into it.

Don't worry about loosing people, if they leave they were not worth having.

got to take the rough with the smooth sometimes :)

Are you serious?

I think he must have been joking, any business that relies on people

coming back to them for more sales (eg more modules) would not want people to leave

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

I think he must have been joking, any business that relies on people

coming back to them for more sales (eg more modules) would not want people to leave

Even if a joke, if I did this at my work, I would get a very strongly worded written warning and probably disciplinary action. I feel this sort of answer is not good enough and basically a slap in the face.

Imagine:

Client: Waiter, this steak has gone bad, you should probably tell management to check on your suppliers else you may lose business.

Waiter: Well Sir, rotten meat is OK from time to time, we don't really want clients with weak stomachs here.

sorry for the rant, but its a touchy subject however to joke about. Its not about joking, its about the perception that such things are not just a little bug, but a MAYOR HEADACHE for some of us who play multiplayer.

I could link now our event page for yesterdays mission, with the mission brief, pictures of intel, threats and photographs and coordinates of targets for the strike and whatnot

This took some time to set up, time to plan the event, do the work in the mission editor, make maps and pictures etc etc.

This material was then handed out and the flightleads together with the package leader started to plan their combined time on target attack, with careful planning of the ingress routes, IPs, gameplans for the attacks and egress routes. Add to that the coordination to come up with an orchestrated attack plan, codewords for various checkpoints in the execution of the strike etc etc.

What Im saying is, considerable effort goes into such events from both the mission makers but also the pilots, especially the flight leads and JTACs.

Then everyone reserves their precious Sunday evening and sees that their kids are in bed and their wifes are not too angry, and then you start the mission, pilots punch in a dozen coordinates and waypoints etc etc and... well, THEN you realize as you taxi out of your hangar that everyone is going sideways and the entire evening turns into a waste of time and effort.

Worse than that, people step out of their virtual planes with a sour taste in their mouth. Do this often enough and multiplayer groups will lose members eventually if it keeps on going for too long or happening too often. Let it happen often enough and people will go play something else instead.

I do not intend to criticise without reason, I do intend to get across our point of view as multiplayer group and that we think gameplay updates like 1.5.7, despite the latest hotfix, have a serious and very negative impact on the multiplayer side of DCS and it would be my hope that very high priority could go into finding a solution for the problem

Edited by EntropySG
  • Like 2

sorry for the rant, but its a touchy subject however to joke about. Its not about joking, its about the perception that such things are not just a little bug, but a MAYOR HEADACHE for some of us who play multiplayer.

I could link now our event page for yesterdays mission, with the mission brief, pictures of intel, threats and photographs and coordinates of targets for the strike and whatnot

This took some time to set up, time to plan the event, do the work in the mission editor, make maps and pictures etc etc.

This material was then handed out and the flightleads together with the package leader started to plan their combined time on target attack, with careful planning of the ingress routes, IPs, gameplans for the attacks and egress routes. Add to that the coordination to come up with an orchestrated attack plan, codewords for various checkpoints in the execution of the strike etc etc.

What Im saying is, considerable effort goes into such events from both the mission makers but also the pilots, especially the flight leads and JTACs.

Then everyone reserves their precious Sunday evening and sees that their kids are in bed and their wifes are not too angry, and then you start the mission, pilots punch in a dozen coordinates and waypoints etc etc and... well, THEN you realize as you taxi out of your hangar that everyone is going sideways and the entire evening turns into a waste of time and effort.

Worse than that, people step out of their virtual planes with a sour taste in their mouth. Do this often enough and multiplayer groups will lose members eventually if it keeps on going for too long or happening too often. Let it happen often enough and people will go play something else instead.

I do not intend to criticise without reason, I do intend to get across our point of view as multiplayer group and that we think gameplay updates like 1.5.7, despite the latest hotfix, have a serious and very negative impact on the multiplayer side of DCS and it would be my hope that very high priority could go into finding a solution for the problem

+1

What he said! :)

-

If man were meant to fly he'd be filled with helium.

• ED Team
Are you serious?

It was my personal opinion, sometimes I express it, I should have put a disclaimer.

I also do not work for ED I am a volunteer, and while I do to some part represent them on the forum I do have my own opinion.

Been in a squadron for many years, people come and go, the good ones are always there.

Lets not get off topic, If you want to discuss it feel free to PM me, leave this topic for the Bug

Edited by BIGNEWY

Since ED is aware and looking into it, and you have all the test missions you need, I'll just add this one thing.

I don't think it's just SAM units. We have been running a Vietnam mission series in our squad. The missions are very light on SAM units but heavy on infantry. After the 157 patch they became unplayable in the same way others have described in this thread. I think it's just AI numbers in general.

Our squad reverted to 156, and the missions all run fine again.