A-10C Tactical Training Qualification Campaign

Sabre-TLA

There are two groups of tanks to attack. The mission will still pass if you kill the targets yourself or with your wingmen.

When you IR Pointed the first target did you hear the pilot say "RAY TARGET", your TGP has to be the SOI when targeting.

If you did, did you hear the AC-130 say "COLT 1-1, ENFIELD 2-1, TALLY TARGETS!" then "ENFIELD 2-1, ENGAGING GROUND TARGETS!" and then they should engage.

The AI takeoff issue had occurred earlier but I don't recall seeing it in the 1.5.8 release - you might want to update now.

hi Sabre-TLA I did all the things you said but pilot no say "RAY TARGET" and ac-130 no attack on target why?

Did you IR beam the target? Use the same button as lasing but in IR mode to send the IR beam.

With NVGs on you should see the beam pointing at the target location and the pilot should say "RAY TARGET" to indicate he is painting the target location.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

• 8 months later...

Hey! now i`m here ))

how does lss works?

I requested jtag for laser, they answered that lasing is on. all set with default frequencies 1688.

I pointed tgp according given coordinates, switched to lss, but it didn't find anything.

I passed one mission by manual search because i couldn't deal with it, so i believe coordinates is correct.

what else can be wrong?

Edited by di_

Check your distance to the target.

The LSS only works within a limited range.

I can't recall the exact distance but try searching when closer to the target (within a few nautical miles).

Once the laser is locked you can set a mark point so you know where the target is if you lose laser lock.

By the way ! Weather condition seems too silmple - cavok, clear sky, stranded pressure. I've been wondering what if add more difficulties like turbulence, wind, overcast or so. That might be cool!

Edited by di_

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, I'm having a problem with mission 13, the danger close tasking. I have been running the practice mission for almost a month, and keep screwing up. I am able to kill the first 2 BMPs with guns, then the moving BMP, usually with either an AGM-65D or guns. Then I get to the infantry he wants me to take out with the MK-82. I drop and normally kill 2 or 3 units, and the FAC says "re-attack authorized". Then when I'm setting up for a second pass, normally about 1-2 minutes after the first pass, I get told "blue on blue" and to terminate. This has been happening forever, and it's really getting frustrating. What am I doing wrong? I would think that if I missed my drop it would terminate immediately, not a couple of minutes after the drop. Please help, I would really like to complete this campaign. Thanks :)

Without seeing a trk file it sounds like some of the blue units may be getting damaged from the bomb drop.

We found in testing the best drop is a single MK-82 right in the middle of the infantry group line. That seems to get the most enemy units and seems to be far enough away from the blue forces to avoid any splash damage.

Let us know if that helps. Things may change from update to update so if the bomb splash damage range has increased we might need to move the blue forces further away.

This is ringing a bell but I flew this years ago. Ill try to find my track file for whatever eventually worked. I found reviewing the flights in tacview to be a good way to see what happened and sometimes develop a workaround.

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

Looks like I had to fly it 5 times before I figured anything out. Here is what I did: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aknk7ypReuhpivpy2GQkJQklKFT-AA

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

This is ringing a bell but I flew this years ago. Ill try to find my track file for whatever eventually worked. I found reviewing the flights in tacview to be a good way to see what happened and sometimes develop a workaround.

Not to be too obtuse, but how do I look at the flight in tacview? And does it work if I end the mission without landing? Because when I'm flying the practice mission when it tells me I screwed up I normally just quit it right then and restart it.

Also, on the bomb run I am normally flying west to east, perpendicular to the line of troops. That is within the leading range the FAC wants and I figured it gave me a better chance to drop in the middle of the red forces.

Hey. Sorry for the obscurity ;). Tacview is a great piece of software that records the action in dcs and helps you review is later on. If you are doing the advanced tactical training campaigns you are definitely in the target audience. It only records after you have it installed, so you wont be able to view your previous attempts. The file I linked above is a sample recording.

I THINK the free version will do the job for a while, but its also worth upgrading if you like it.

https://www.tacview.net/product/about/en/

Hey. Sorry for the obscurity ;). Tacview is a great piece of software that records the action in dcs and helps you review is later on. If you are doing the advanced tactical training campaigns you are definitely in the target audience. It only records after you have it installed, so you wont be able to view your previous attempts. The file I linked above is a sample recording.

I THINK the free version will do the job for a while, but its also worth upgrading if you like it.

https://www.tacview.net/product/about/en/

Thanks, I will install it in the morning and take a look. Anything has to help :)

• 2 weeks later...

Tacview did indeed help, and I was able to pass the mission. It also helped that I completed the bomb runs on the infantry with a much higher dive angle than I was using. This, I think, prevented the blue on blue.

Now a question about mission 15. When I set up my orbit around IP EDSEL and set my steerpoint to TARGET 1, then slave the TGP to it, I can't find the targets to save my life. I changed the elevation of TARGET 1 to 1800, because in the mission it is set at 13800, and the TGP points over the hills. I figured setting it to 1800 would allow me to find the vehicles, but all I can see with the TGP is trees. Is there another way to acquire the target with the TGP so I can set a mark point that I can bomb off of?

Very good on the bombing run - that's the intent.

For Mission 15 the first target is a radar site south of the road. If you follow the road west to wear it bends north then start searching around there you should find it. It's protected by a AAA unit so you could try a low pass and spot the tracers but that is a risky move.

The second target is harder to spot and it is west of some power lines and NE of the town and south of the road.

You could try flying at a higher altitude and use BHOT (Black Hot) or WHOT (White Hot) modes on the TGP to see if they will stand out from the ground clutter.

Using that for both targets might help you locate them.

Once located place a mark point then you can line up for your attack run.

Let us know how it turns out.

Sabre, got a question for you. I'm getting to rebuild my rig, and I will have to re-install everything. I would prefer to not lose my progress in the 3 training campaigns. What files do I have to copy over to the new install that would keep me where I am as far as the campaigns go?

Also, just an aside. I TAC16, the Night Deep Interdiction mission, I had completed the bomb run, and the AAR, and was returning to land. I was on downwind, just about to turn for the runway, and my wingman flew into me, causing me to crash. I didn't really believe that it had happened, so I looked at the TacView file, and that is indeed what happened. He normally closely misses me as he breaks away. Am I doing something wrong to have him get that close when he breaks? I am flying a left downwind for RWY 13.

I started either ordering rtb early, or have him hold before I enter the pattern. AI wignmen are Not to be trusted!

I started either ordering rtb early, or have him hold before I enter the pattern. AI wignmen are Not to be trusted!

I can't find any wingman options in the radio. The only one I have is under the F10 menu and it normally the only choice there is "Copy" for "FENCE IN/OUT". But I agree, I don't think I trust them :)

Should be an option under the flight:navigation menu?

Your logbook.lua located in your saved games folder MissionEditor folder is the one that determines your current campaign progress.

Not to worry if you lose it as you can manually update the file and set it to whatever mission you want. You can email us at mapleflagmissions@gmail.com if you need some help getting it sorted.

As for the AI wingman colliding with you, that happens on occasion. The AI is still a wip but if you hold your position steady he shouldn't deliberately collide with you. We do have a trigger to make him break away so if you can hold it steady until then that would help.

Since we wanted to have him fly in close position he is not a traditional wingman that you can give direct orders too. Let us know if the collisions continue and we can look at adding a command to allow you to control him better.

• 1 month later...

HELP! I built a new rig, and installed DCS. both OB and stable on Drive Y. This is happening in OpenBeta, but I haven't tried on stable. I coped the missions from all the training campaigns to my saved games folder so I could access them, as that folder is on drive X. But when I try to load a mission for practice it shows as loading then immediately goes to the after mission screen and says that I crashed. I never even get to the cockpit screen. On the timeline it all happens in about 5 seconds elapsed mission time. I attempted about 10 missions from 2 different campaigns and it does it every time. What did I do wrong? The other missions that I have in the saved games folder work fine, this appears to only be happening with the mission folders from the campaigns. Please help!! :)

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I've had this campaign for a while but have not tried it until today. I started the Advanced campaign on TAC 11 (and then 12) but unfortunately I could not get any of the JTACs to answer me when prompted by the flight lead. I checked the radio was on and I was using the F10 comm commands but could not them to respond in TAC 11 or 12.

I tried to open the missions in ME and look for trigger problems but I can't see the trigger through the file protection.

Am I doing something wrong?

Do you have any mods installed?  Someone had mentioned that Viacom can interfere with the JTAC responding.  Please uninstall any mods and see if you can get a response.

The JTACs are contacted on the 3rd radio only (VHF FM Radio 2) and you need to ensure the frequency is set properly.

Please post a trk file and we can investigate further.