A-10C Tactical Training Qualification Campaign

Sabre-TLA

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, love the campaigns.

I'm on the first mission management one, (after getting lucky on SADL engagement), my issue is I can't figure out how to issue an accurate attack command to wingmen. They just sorta do whatever they want. Last attempt at one point they were each 40 miles away in opposite directions (I believe after issuing an attack command).

I have SPI on a target, and I've tried either broadcasting it, or with SPI set, hooking a wingman and hitting the "SEND xxxx" OSB on the TAD, but neither result in any attack runs by the wingmen. They seem to just pick their own targets of whatever type if I issue an engage command afterwards. No idea how datalink and issuing commands to AI work together, and google isn't helping, either. Everything I can find is about human wingmen and multiplayer.

Little help?

For what it's worth, the A-10C manual says the following, but after hooking the aircraft, the network ID appears below send without pressing it first, and after pressing send the first time, the send OSB goes away, so there's no send OSB to press a second time.

Actively hook the SADL-equipped aircraft you wish to send the Target Assignment to and
press the SEND OSB. Upon doing so, the network identification (XX-XX) of the hooked aircraft
appears below the SEND label.

Set the SPI to the location of the TAD symbol that you wish to assign as the target. You do
not need to be broadcasting SPI to do this. This will set the target location and be visible on
the recipient aircraft’s TAD.

With the recipient and target set, press the SEND OSB a second time to send the Target
Assignment.

Edited by Meatshield
added manual wording

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Just had the wierdest fail IMO.

Just did the third mission in the Campaign (night JTAC-mission) and upon landing in full landing-configuration (last leg) at Vaziani, my wingman/supervisor came very close to my aircraft, flew alongside of me for a while and then turned into me! I was able to see this and tried to avoid a collision, which was not possible. So I crashed a few 100m from the runway and failed the mission! 😠

Overall Im not very pleased right now with this campaign. I will maybe later elaborate on this. Right now I dont think its lack of skill on my side...

On 9/27/2022 at 3:54 AM, Sabre-TLA said:

Did it happen on any other mission (as the logic is the same)?

Not yet. But I had the AI very often mess with the wingman on landing before. Often they jump up and down. But this time it looked like the wingman was on a kamikaze-trip.... 😉