AI Mistral IR sensor range

104th_Money

Ok,

So I thought it would be fun to have an offline Mistral vs Mistral battle in 1.5.6 so I made a mission in a city and hit fly...

Parked behind a building and kept reticle on target. AI fired on me long before I could get a tone...

Figured maybe since I was hovering and AI was doing 200km that my heat source might be bigger while the fast moving AI heat source was dissipated...

Tried again head on 200km and AI still shot long before I got a tone. Missile reached me and hit me, no tone before getting dead...

Any clues whats up with this?

Intel i9-13900k, Asus Z790-E Gaming Wifi II mobo, 64gb Corsair DDR5-6400 RGB ram 2x32gb XMP2 profile, 2TB Crucial T700 PCIE 5.0 SSD internal, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro PCIE 4.0 SSD internal, Asus Tuf Gaming overclocked Nvidia RTX 4090, Corsair 7000X Case with 5 x 120mm intake fans and 4 x 140mm exhaust fans, side mounted Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm liquid cooler w/Elite LCD with 6 x 120mm fans in push-pull intake configuration 2 x 32" Asus 2560x1440 displays, TrackIR5 w/pro clip, Thrustmaster Warthog stick and throttle, CH Fighterstick Pro and Pebble Beach Velocity pedals. 

I have to agree, you need to be super close to something to lock and fire on it

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests