Is it no longer possible to buy for a friend?

98abaile

I was planning to buy nevada for a friend, but on the cart page I saw a banner saying that it's no longer possible to share or trade modules.

Fec2Pjn.jpg

Does this mean I can no longer buy a duplicate module and bind it to another user's login? I had previously bought modules for people this way.

You can buy the module and then open a help ticket requesting the transfer.

They will need the log-on and pass word info for the account you wish to transfer to as well as the serial number you are transferring.

The ED Team member will then complete the transfer.

Hope this helps

(And is not incorrect!)

PS I have done this exact same thing. Twice!

You will make someone VERY HAPPY!

Thanks for being GENEROUS! :thumbup:

Edited by Hawkeye60

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

And these are my thoughts:

You can buy it for yourself first. Then;

In Licence Check page, you can click on "Unbind from current login" and type your friend's login name in the box named "Bind to another user with login" and click "Bind" (I've done this 2 times, last year).

Or, if you're not planning a surprise, you can get your friend's login and pass details and buy it directly through your friend's account (I've done this once).

See you.

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

And these are my thoughts:

You can buy it for yourself first. Then;

In Licence Check page, you can click on "Unbind from current login" and type your friend's login name in the box named "Bind to another user with login" and click "Bind" (I've done this 2 times, last year).

Or, if you're not planning a surprise, you can get your friend's login and pass details and buy it directly through your friend's account (I've done this once).

See you.

That's how I've done it before, but now I see a banner implying it's no longer possible. I need ED to clarify this for me.

• ED Team

You can buy a module for a friend just make sure you do not bind it to your account,

open a support ticket https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/?add=Y

and follow the instructions for binding the key to the other account.

Give support some time to carry this out.

The reason this was changed is because of online fraud.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Done. Thanks everyone.

If I could make a suggestion though BN (and assuming you'd be willing to pass it up the chain); it'd be really great if ED could update the shop so that we can specifically buy modules as gift. Perhaps an optional field on the checkout screen where we can enter the username of the account we wish to bind it to.

Edited by 98abaile

• ED Team
Done. Thanks everyone.

If I could make a suggestion though BN (and assuming you'd be willing to pass it up the chain); it'd be really great if ED could update the shop so that we can specifically buy modules as gift. Perhaps an optional field on the checkout screen where we can enter the username of the account we wish to bind it to.

I am pretty sure they have considered this, but have not heard anything recently. I will pass on your feedback

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...

Would it be possible to possible to buy a bundle, keep one module and gift the other to another person?

I totally missed the summer sale, looking at NTTR, but already got the A-10C. 40$ is a great price, considering NTTR alone would be 50$

• 1 month later...
  • ED Team
Does anyone know the average turnaround for this? I bought it for a buddy, already told him about it thinking that ED would have some system in place for gifting and unused module and now he can't even use it.

There goes our flight night....

It depends how busy support is, if it is the weekend or not, and also bare in mind they are in Moscow so there is a time difference so Usually within a day or two.

• 2 weeks later...