HUD Visibility in VR (Oculus user)

ShuRugal

So, I just tried some of the FC3 birds (F-15 and Su-27) for the first time since getting Oculus....

the HUD is completely useless. Could not see a thing in any of the color modes, and the HUD filter is physically missing from the cockpit ingame....

I love the wraparound visibility and immersion, but holy shit, i thought trying to see things on a regular monitor was a PITA....

I did notice that one of the recent updates has massively improved UI readability in VR.... When can we expect HUD visibility to do the same?

So, I just tried some of the FC3 birds (F-15 and Su-27) for the first time since getting Oculus....

the HUD is completely useless. Could not see a thing in any of the color modes, and the HUD filter is physically missing from the cockpit ingame....

I love the wraparound visibility and immersion, but holy shit, i thought trying to see things on a regular monitor was a PITA....

I did notice that one of the recent updates has massively improved UI readability in VR.... When can we expect HUD visibility to do the same?

which game, 1.5 or 2.1 ?

and what settings are you using ingame

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

And make sure you move your Rift around to get the sweet spot. Just a little bit makes all the difference. And PD of 2 and 2.5, you probably won't be able to tell the difference, so play around there. And if you wear glasses, you need them for Rift.

Finally, different planes have different VR support. FC3 is pretty old. A10, Huey, Spitfire, Mustang all look fantastic in VR. Gazelle and Mi8 as well.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

And make sure you move your Rift around to get the sweet spot. Just a little bit makes all the difference. And PD of 2 and 2.5, you probably won't be able to tell the difference, so play around there. And if you wear glasses, you need them for Rift.

Finally, different planes have different VR support. FC3 is pretty old. A10, Huey, Spitfire, Mustang all look fantastic in VR. Gazelle and Mi8 as well.

Even moving it up or down slightly can make a difference. :)