How to Correctly Install Your Mods

@Morpheus....I don't think I have the right 'civil_objects' ......the one I have (and doesn't show loading properly) is Civil_Objects_JR_1.95.zip.

Is there an updated one required for this mission?

Thanks

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

12 minutes ago, AvgWhiteGuy said:

@Morpheus....I don't think I have the right 'civil_objects' ......the one I have (and doesn't show loading properly) is Civil_Objects_JR_1.95.zip.

Is there an updated one required for this mission?

Thanks

You have the good version, the mod has not/will not be updated 🙄 The only thing you can do is to edit the mission to disable mod needed:

1-after saving original mission open the .miz with WinRAR

2-open the file "mission" with Notepad++

3-edit/delete the section "[requieredModules]" to "--end of [requiredModules] you can now open it in ME

4-edit your mission, then save it

Mods required.PNG

• Thanks 1

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

@Morpheus.....thanks very much for your help and extensive instructions for a fix.  I learned a lot about missions, MIZ and LUAs in this little exercise. Really appreciate the schooling.

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

• 3 weeks later...

Hi hope someone can point my in the right direction here I have just downloaded the A-4E-C mod and put it into the saved games folder. When I start DCS the theme icon is grey with the word DCS in it, is there anyway of changing it to the right picture of the aircraft.

Please see attached pic.

Thanks Daz.

InkedScreen_210818_225442_LI.jpg

Edited by Typhoondaz

2 hours ago, Typhoondaz said:

When I start DCS the theme icon is grey with the word DCS in it, is there anyway of changing it to the right picture of the aircraft.

You probably are using version 1.4 of the Mod ... the beta of version 2.0 does include an Icon, like this:

YVlwRRi.jpg

You could modify your version 1.4 to have the same icon, but it is easier if you just upgrade to the version 2.0 ... get it on the project Discord:

https://discord.gg/tVP8sn3c

Best regards

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

18 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

You probably are using version 1.4 of the Mod ... the beta of version 2.0 does include an Icon, like this:

YVlwRRi.jpg

You could modify your version 1.4 to have the same icon, but it is easier if you just upgrade to the version 2.0 ... get it on the project Discord:

https://discord.gg/tVP8sn3c

Best regards

It seems version on screenshot is 2.0.0 Beta 5.1 so there is a problem 🤔

Edited by Morpheus

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

On 8/19/2021 at 8:02 PM, Morpheus said:

It seems version on screenshot is 2.0.0 Beta 5.1 so there is a problem 🤔

Thats what I downloaded. So now i deleted it and redownloaded it and i have the correct theme icon but my feature pic is this... can I change it so it dosent have the writing across.

Screen_210820_201111.png

Edited by Typhoondaz

13 hours ago, Typhoondaz said:

Thats what I downloaded. So now i deleted it and redownloaded it and i have the correct theme icon but my feature pic is this... can I change it so it dosent have the writing across.

you could employ the "User Theme" feature of DCS, to customize the desktop with your own images and music, like this:

looks complex, but it’s actually pretty easy to do.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

• 2 months later...

im tryining to install a custom object but it wont let me do it from savedgames/ mods and dcs gives warning from main game folder , anyone have an ideas?  the install lua for the file is this ;  am i supposed to put paths  where it says current mod path?

Name of your Mod inside DCS
declare_plugin("Static Object Example",
{
    installed      = true,
    dirName           = current_mod_path,
    version         = "2.5.6 Open Beta",         
    state         = "installed",
    developerName= "Grajo",
    info         =_("Basic Static Object Example "),    

}
)

---Mounts relative path to EDM models
mount_vfs_model_path    (current_mod_path.."/Shapes")
---Mounts relative path to Textures
mount_vfs_texture_path (current_mod_path.."/Textures/")

--List of models/props to be loaded. Loads .lua in root of this entry file which contains each objet properties
dofile(current_mod_path..'/SO_Example.lua')

-----------------------------------------------------

plugin_done()

sig sm.png

walshtimothyWW2 virtual flier - currently playing on 4ya ww2 - youtube channel here

https://www.ww2adinfinitum.blog -  https://projectoverlord.co.uk/

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

I have a problem with the installation of my mods on a new PC and I confess I don't understand the problem.
I have since a few days a brand new gaming computer and I have completely reinstalled DCS open Beta, SRS, Tacview,...
Everything works fine.

Then I transferred my missions (created with the mission editor) as well as the mods I was using on my old PC to the appropriate file on my new PC (savedGames/DCS Openbeta/Mods/Tech).
The missions are displayed normally for loading but apparently it doesn't recognize any of the installed Mods even though they are exactly where they should be...

How is it possible ?

Many thxx for your help...

• 5 months later...

Any advice???

All but one of my mods have disappeared from the ME and the main menu…

The T-45 Goshawk mod works fine, but a whole fleet of ship mods no longer appear😟

I have checked file paths and everything seems to be in order.

The only thing I can think of is that I re-downloaded my OB version.  Originally I had OB on C:\ and Release on a separate SSD. As C:\ was getting too full I deleted the release version and moved OB to that drive.  HOWEVER, I had already deleted mods (C:\Users\etc) to try and save space and only copied the back once I had moved the OB

2 hours ago, rkk01 said:

The only thing I can think of is that I re-downloaded my OB version.

Check that the historic filter (the clock icon on the ME status bar), wasn’t re-enabled when you re-installed.

• 4 months later...

Do you know why OvGME loads some Mods and doesn’t others

Is it ED protects certain files

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LUCKY:pilotfly::joystick:

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD

11 minutes ago, ruddy122 said:

Do you know why OvGME loads some Mods and doesn’t others

OvGME has no artificial intelligence of it own, it just helps to automatically perform all the file backup and file copy that installing a Mod entails .. you still need to know what each mods needs in order to install, in particular the file locations that the mod uses. For me, OvGME loads every Mod that I use.

11 minutes ago, ruddy122 said:

Is it ED protects certain files

ED cant prevent file copy operations (which is what most Mods need to install), but it can encrypt its innards to prevent users tampering with them.

So Operator error

Got to know where each MOD goes not all to Saved Games/ Mods/ Aircraft

Good to know

Thanks

Former USAF pilots have a saying for automation Garbage In equals Garbage Out

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LUCKY:pilotfly::joystick:

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD

• 1 month later...

This whole process of installing Mods is still confusing to me and I'm thoroughly baffled as to why my results suck! I'm trying to install the Miniguns (UH-60L Mod - Version 2.4_3) for the MH-60L Mod and get nowhere, I'm still not seeing anything different in the weapons loadout portion of ME. I'm using OvGME but I'm uncertain if have the correct directories.

I have the DCS main installation on a dedicated, separate SSD as in: D:\Eagle Dynamics , NOT on my C:\ drive

I have all the Mods in a different file folder as in: D:\DCS Eagle Dynamics Stuff\MODS

I have OvGME specifying it's directories as image below.

Am I in the right direction here? And what if I were to DELETE the \Mods folder as in: C:\Users\major\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods ??? Would that mess up everything? For that matter would deleting the entire DCS.openbeta folder from Saved games screw me up completely or will DCS just create another structure there? Might be a fresh start???

If someone can advise and perhaps someone has a doc explaining the structure of the \Mods folder when adding new mods it would be greatly appreciated. I'm losing my mind over this and at my age it doesn't take much.

2022-12-16 20_28_56-2022-12-16 20_23_20-How to Correctly Install Your Mods - Page 7 - DCS Mods - ED .jpg

Edited by AvgWhiteGuy

Using OvGME for the saved games folder is kind of pointless unless you want to have a quick for way to enable/disable mods.

Mods that go into saved games folder are usually copied directly to mods/aircraft or mods/tech and OvGME is used for mods that go into main dcs fodler.

If you want to use OvGME, make sure to enable the minigun mod only after you enable the UH-60 mod to replace original files in the mods/aircraft/UH-60L folder.

Also, don't delete the the dcs folder from the saved games unless you don't mind setting up all your settings and controls again.