Enemy units hidden on F10 map

Temp89

To ease myself into Missions I opened the F-5E CAP mission in the editor and in the mission options enabled "Show All" for the F10 map. However enemy planes are still hidden on the F10 map. I can see their missiles on it when they're about 1nm out but that's it. Is there a limitation I'm unaware of?

Would like to see:

Panavia Tornado

Panther AS565

English Electric Lightning.

Did you check to see that the "hidden" checkbox was unchecked for individual units. I haven't used this feature in a while and I don't remember exactly how it works.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

• 4 years later...

necro-post because this is the first thing that comes up in google search,

there are FOUR things that control what is visible on the f10 map, (3 and 4 are what you want when editing most pre made missions)

1: difficulty options (these can sometimes override the mission options or vise versa)

2: each unit group has a "hidden on map", "hidden on mfd", and "hidden" checkbox.

3: in the editor,  "CUSTOMIZE"  > "MAP OPTIONS", Show Units, Blue, Red, Neutrals, and also hide units with same options

4:"CUSTOMIZE"  > "MISSION OPTIONS" - there is an F10 Visibility options for allies, enemy's, fog of war, all etc...

Edited by Epiic_Penguin