[1.57MOD] DAGR precision rockets for Gazelle

rinao0o

Features of this MOD:

#Enables gazelle the ability to launch TV guided DAGR hydra and Russian S8/S13 rockets with pinpoint accuracy.

#Handcrafted rocket engine and flight model, fun to track and extremely effective, has optional over powered tandam warhead

#Semi-standalone, functions by replacing some existing game files, while all the vanilla weapons remains untouched.

#Attempts were made to recreate the flight performance of a standard FFAR rocket. The rocket motor ignites at launch and burns for about 2 seconds before it dies out, then inertia takes over and the rocket glides towards the target at +-1000kmh.(Old version, completely reworked, see below)

#The rocket flies at constant Mach 1 from 1000-4300m (control range), after reaching max control range the gyro will continue guiding the rocket towards the last followed course, until it reaches 8.5km maximum range. Beware that the accuracy past about 6.5Km is pretty random, since the rocket is constantly correcting its course during controlled flight, and isn't necessarily flying directly at the target when entering gyro flight.

#During the gyro flight the 2nd stage booster ignites and accelerates the rocket to mach 1.8.

#You can fire it at close range targets from high alts, which is a known problem with the current hellfire mod.

#Added russian B13 launcher to fire 130mm guided rockets with massive HE penetrator warhead! (5 shots, only loadable on the outer pylons, Same weight as a 3 stack lau131 laucher loaded with tandam)

Bye Hot3:smartass:

UPDATE Log

#Jul 19 2017. Added support for M261 Launcher (19 rockets)

#Jul 20 2017.

Added support for XM158 launcher

Added support for Tandam warhead munition (Extremely lethal but the weight is increased, which makes tracking less responsive but still very accurate at stationary target, has a stronger booster!)

Completely reworked flight model and gyro / guidance system, improves range and accuracy, the engine is tweaked to reduce initial velocity and allow the rocket to fly at constant speed for longer time.

Reworked smoke for better visual cue on rocket trajectory. helps target tracking.

Added 3rd stage booster, accelerates the rocket to Mach2 when beyond control range.

Current work in progress: Support for Lau131*3 stacked launcher.

#Jul 20 2017 Patch2

Fixed Lau131*3 not launching issue.

Reworked 3rd stage engine ignition timing and rocket flame

#Jul 21 2017

Reworked Engine flame for rockets on FFAR platform, reduced platform weight.

Reworked tracking and gyro, reduced gyro error to allow better accuracy at long range.

Added russian B13 launcher to fire 130mm rockets with massive HE penetrator warhead!

Added russian B8 launcher, both standard OFP2/ KOM and custom tandam rounds are available.

Download (Jul 22)Gazelle Guided Rockets Pod mod.rar

Do not use it in MP, always backup your files.(If somehow the files gets screwed, search for REPAIR_DCS shortcut in windows startmenu)

Some pics

Screen_170719_032641.thumb.jpg.4e80069431d32a4b408d0a71c80122e9.jpg

Screen_170719_032742.thumb.jpg.480a130a4c1d487885eefd855d6bb076.jpg

Screen_170719_033001.thumb.jpg.9a9a349d05d9d84265e06749eace9e95.jpg

Screen_170719_032853.thumb.jpg.e1c5119d232a2a90afde46dad036f06c.jpg

Screen_170719_032911.thumb.jpg.0d7b2cb2500c956cb042685f597f8e41.jpg

Edited by rinao0o

Wow!

This looks awesome!

You have just made my week a whole lot better.

(It was pretty poor to this point!):D

And gave my favorite Helo a whole bunch more fun factor!

Keep up the good work!

And yes please for more expansions! :thumbup:

ps:I did assist with the "other" Gazelle weapon mod.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Wow!

This looks awesome!

Keep up the good work!

Thanks, will keep working on this little project, might come up with something bigger for anti tank role that suits the gazelle.:thumbup:

Wow!

This looks awesome!

Keep up the good work!

Just completely reworked everything and added in a lot of stuff, come take a look:megalol:

Thanks!

Good job!

Will do.

I will report back........

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

• 2 weeks later...

Good work! A very nice mod.

I do not know i fit is possible but I have a question:

Is it possible to make a mod where you can fire multiple DAGR-missiles at one target before the first rocket hits the target? With the HOT3 it is not possible because you cut the wire and it becomes steerless. The DAGR does not use a wire. When you launch a sequense of DAGR-rockets you can hit a target multiple times at a short period. An other advantage is that if you fire a number of rockets with some seconds of interval: when the first rocket destroys the target slew the Tv-sight to another target and the second rocket in the trail hits the second target and so on.

It looks a bit like the”Lock After Launch Mode”of the Hellfire.

• 1 month later...

For whatever it's worth, I'd be very interested in seeing this for KA-50. Does it require any Gazelle-specific resources?

I tried to enable it so I could try to add it to some other aircraft, but DCS crashes and my knowledge of the script structure of DCS isn't good enough to fix it. I even tried deleting the aircraft script, as I don't have Gazelle yet. Still, this is pretty exciting.

• 4 years later...
1 hour ago, shinobi61 said:

Anyone got this or similar working recently?

DCS's weapon files are now encrypted, AFAIK mods like this one are no longer possible and only cosmetic (no functional) weapons can be added to the Gazelle.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080