[1.57MOD] Gazelle DAGR precision guided rocket pod

2.thumb.jpg.a005c83fab582adb79f3ab25ca7e1d60.jpg

#This Mod has been extensively updated, pls go to the original post for detailed information

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=190876

#Update coming:

M261 launcher is made and tested, currently working on a rail launched Shturm missile system(ATGM used by mi24 and mi28 ), the rail is taken from the Hellfire missile. Will use the rail to implement maluka, or even hot missile in the future , check original post for download link

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I picked up the Gazelle during the summer sale and instantly got addicted to it, every bit of it feels like airbus beating me with a stick and somehow I love it . What I do not like however is the severely lacking firepower. Talk about the frustration when you have to waste your last HOT missile for a truck.

Now there are existing mods out there that allows you to use Mavs and Hellfires etc, but after extended use of those mods i found the accuracy to be very random, and being honest having 8 hellfires on a gazelle is a bit cheaty.

I remember this DAGR (Direct Attack Guided Rocket)project I read somewhere a while ago and thought I could implement it to the gazelle. And after a few days digging into .luas I was able to come up with a working DAGR rocket. The Mod is Semi-standalone, it functions by replacing some existing game files, while all the vanilla weapons remains untouched.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Features of this MOD:

#Enables gazelle the ability to launch DAGR rockets with accuracy of up to 1 meter dispersion within 5KM range.

#Attempts were made to recreate the flight performance of a standard FFAR rocket. The rocket motor ignites at launch and burns for about 2 seconds before it dies out, then inertia takes over and the rocket glides towards the target at +-1000kmh.

#You can fire it at close range targets from high alts, which is a known problem with the current hellfire mod.

#Beyond 4.3KM the missile goes into Gyro mode and flies in the rough direction it last followed, but will slowly destabilize into a climb/dive pattern, which gives it about 6Km absolute range but with worse accuracy.

#Both HEAT and HE versions of the hydra rockets are available, launched from Lau131 rocket pod mounted on the Hot Pylon. The warheads are standard Hydra warheads with roughtly 4kg high explosive or HEAT.

#Reduced weapon system weight to better fit the poor gazelle.

#Now you can kill 7 trucks with a pylon instead of just 1

#Possible follow up mods for M261 Launcher(19 rockets), might also make a soviet S13 guided rocket in the future.

Download:The mod has been extensively updated therefore this old link has been removed, pls go to the original post for more info

Some pics

1.thumb.jpg.743e2102938246ece780703e5af9b560.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.93418e343c7b4ae6fd8d8bb686fc4cdf.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.1d36f2bb2c9642e82b3b1538e9c824b7.jpg

5.thumb.jpg.049c4a42a9351ee07de04bcc77f46dc6.jpg

Edited by rinao0o

DCS crashed and gives following output (removed all INFO)

00001.508 ERROR SECURITYCONTROL: Manifest size check failed for file 'coremods/aircraft/sa342/sa342.lua'

00002.321 ERROR SECURITYCONTROL: Manifest size check failed for file './Scripts/Database/wsTypes.lua'

00002.358 ERROR SECURITYCONTROL: Manifest size check failed for file './Scripts/Database/Weapons/missiles_table.lua'

00002.365 ERROR SECURITYCONTROL: Manifest size check failed for file './Scripts/Database/Weapons/missiles_data.lua'

00002.423 ERROR SECURITYCONTROL: Manifest size check failed for file 'scripts/Database/db_weapons_data.lua'

00002.443 ERROR SECURITYCONTROL: Manifest size check failed for file './Scripts/Database/planes\Su-25T.lua'

00002.590 ERROR SECURITYCONTROL: Manifest size check failed for file './Scripts/Database/wsTypes.lua'

00002.633 ERROR Scripting: scan_mods: can't open './CoreMods/aircraft/Hawk/Views.lua'

00002.646 ERROR SECURITYCONTROL: Manifest size check failed for file './CoreMods/aircraft/SA342/SA342.lua'

00000.780 ERROR SECURITYCONTROL: Manifest size check failed for file './Scripts/Database/Types.lua'

00002.796 ERROR SECURITYCONTROL: Manifest size check failed for file './Scripts/Database/wsTypes.lua'

00002.837 ERROR SECURITYCONTROL: Manifest size check failed for file './Scripts/Database/Weapons/missiles_table.lua'

00002.843 ERROR SECURITYCONTROL: Manifest size check failed for file './Scripts/Database/Weapons/missiles_data.lua'

00002.898 ERROR SECURITYCONTROL: Manifest size check failed for file 'scripts/Database/db_weapons_data.lua'

00002.916 ERROR SECURITYCONTROL: Manifest size check failed for file './Scripts/Database/planes\Su-25T.lua'

00003.067 ERROR SECURITYCONTROL: Manifest size check failed for file './Scripts/Database/wsTypes.lua'

00003.122 ERROR SECURITYCONTROL: Manifest size check failed for file './CoreMods/aircraft/SA342/SA342.lua'

00003.151 ERROR SECURITYCONTROL: Manifest size check failed for file './Scripts/Database/Types.lua'

00004.917 ERROR WorldPlugIns: Failed to read serial number for 'AJS37'

00014.080 ERROR_ONCE DX11BACKEND: rendertarget 'rtDynamicCloudMap' not found

00014.099 ERROR_ONCE DX11BACKEND: texture 'raindropNormBlur3.dds' not found

00014.149 ERROR EDOBJECTS: Destruction shape not found AVIASHTAB_CRASH

00014.313 ALERT wInfo: While loading weapons.missiles.AT_6M: Error while loading ./Scripts/Database/Weapons/schemes/missiles/shturm_new2.sch: Parameter not defined: warhead.mass

(CRASH)

- legitscoper

My specs:

Windows 8.1 Laptop Lenovo Y50 intel core i7 Nvidia GTX 860M, 8gb RAM, 275GB SSD