Help with double Touchsreen cockpit.

ikaro

First of all, sorry for my english... I´ll try to explain me..

:wacko:

With the arrival of summer and holidays, the time of the hardware's set-up and DCSW preparations returns.

I was thinking of making a cockpit with two monitors, the upper for the central view and the lower monitor was a touchscreen in which to manage the instruments.

Before I know, it could be done with programs like HELIOS, but for more than 2 years I do not know anything about it. Does Helios still working with the current versions of DCSW and Win10???

What options are there today?

I'm interested in working well with version 2.0 and later, and of course, that they are simple to assemble and program ... I'm no NASA engineer.

:D

Thanks.

Maybe look at the sticky at the top of the page in this forum, Simpit Software from SDA. I am sure Helios still works but I dont use it at the moment as I am living in a tiny ass rental whilst the house is built but I think that has taken up the mantel where Gadroc kindly left it.

I am not by this suggesting they are using Helios, i mean software to control simulators.

Helios works with the original modules as it was designed.

Later modules are hacked versions of the originals and work, but you cannot use Helios as it was designed for cockpit building (for example, you can no longer drag and drop bindings to modules with no Helios interface).

Ikarus is a simple install and they work almost flawlessly, once you figure out editing and what and how the profile auto load works.

As for purchasing Arcaze controllers to work with Ikarus from the USA, good luck. The folks that sell them are not very good about answering emails.

I know nothing about touchscreens. Good luck!