Mission 3. Cargo wont hook

trigen

That video was uploaded 5 weeks ago, so obviously not latest version. Anyway needing to do tricks to be able to hook a cargo means that the bug is still there and should be fixed, so please don't say "if you updated to the latest beta yes cargo is working" when that is false for this mission.

OTOH, I just tried it again and had the same results as Nakha Sukka: it is still bugged and those tricks didn't work for me either.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That video was uploaded 5 weeks ago, so obviously not latest version. Anyway needing to do tricks to be able to hook a cargo means that the bug is still there and should be fixed, so please don't say "if you updated to the latest beta yes cargo is working" when that is false for this mission.

OTOH, I just tried it again and had the same results as Nakha Sukka: it is still bugged and those tricks didn't work for me either.

I’ll try it and upload a fresh one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Workaround

I'm running the Steam version, can't downgrade DCS, and was struggling with this mission, as the cargo wouldn't hook no matter what i did.

But then i fired up the editor, and moved the huey and the landing pad 50 meters outside the starting compound, and ran the mission straight from the editor. With those steps, the cargo worked like a charm. Until i crashed it that is :joystick:

After a few tries i managed to finish the mission. I guess because it's a dlc, the editor can't save the mission so a little tinkering to the logbook.lua is needed to proceed in the campaign. It would be really nice to get the bug fixed. Still, i'm really enjoying the campaign so far. :thumbup:

It would be really nice to get the bug fixed.

The bug is not from the DLC Campaign, I believe, but from DCS.

Still, i'm really enjoying the campaign so far. thumbup.gif

Have a good time mate :)

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

Can anyone tell me how to get past the sling loading mission please? TBH I am getting sick of things not working. Can't get past mission two in the stock Gazelle campaign as it doesn't work correctly either. Maybe they could fix this stuff before they start charging for it?

I'm sorry but there are so many things i need to work around in DCS currently and its taking the fun out of it...

I did manage to attach the sling load at one stage - i think its the height, i was in a good hover and just kept gaining altitude until it attached. Took a while though and i can't seem to get it to work again. Otherwise i am writing this off as broken as well and will just put it with the "other" non working modules...

Cheers

James

Can anyone tell me how to get past the sling loading mission please? TBH I am getting sick of things not working. Can't get past mission two in the stock Gazelle campaign as it doesn't work correctly either. Maybe they could fix this stuff before they start charging for it?

I'm sorry but there are so many things i need to work around in DCS currently and its taking the fun out of it...

I did manage to attach the sling load at one stage - i think its the height, i was in a good hover and just kept gaining altitude until it attached. Took a while though and i can't seem to get it to work again. Otherwise i am writing this off as broken as well and will just put it with the "other" non working modules...

Cheers

James

Have a look at this post which explains how to do it for another campaign. Here you just have to find the file name of the next mission, which would be "Mission 4.0.40.miz". And mission 3 is "Mission 3.0.41.miz", so to make it easier search for that name in the logbook.lua file.

This logbook.lua file is in %USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\MissionEditor\ if you have the beta, in %USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\DCS\MissionEditor\ if you have the Steam or non-beta version.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

• 2 weeks later...

The mission can be done in the current DCS version. Cargo hooks as long as you are hovering at the correct height (IIRC around 30 feet).

I dropped the cargo too far from the artillery and had to pick it up again, but once at the objective it was possible to hook it by landing close to the cargo, no need to hover.

Unfortunately after dropping the cargo in the correct position one of the 2 blackhawks collided with my huey, but thankfully I managed to land back at the initial FARP to repair and refuel. Went back to the artillery, landed, observed the bombardment, and did the rest of the tasks, then back at the FARP to refuel again then landed on the frigate with explosions going off around me. Talk about a nerve wracking couple of hours inside the Oculus Rift. I emerged totally drained :)

Yeh thanks, someone posted that the height to pick it up needs to be between 48 and 53 feet. I tried that and it was successful. Still had a tantrum about i should be able to connect on the ground but my hover in the huey is sooo good now ;)

I used the autodisconnect to drop the cargo off without issue.

Think i am two missions ahead of you. Next one is fun.

Keen to get home and complete the next one tonight, they seem to get busier...

Its very frustrating i am not able to hook the cargo... we need an urgent fix from the mission designer please.

It's challenging but doable. Make sure you are trimmed for hovering before trying to hook the cargo. I found that this simple trick is all it really takes for successfully hooking the cargo.

Once cargo is hooked, keep the huey trimmed for hovering and proceed to the dropoff area. The hover trim helps in keeping the cargo swings under control while lowering it to the ground.

Edited by nibbio

It's challenging but doable. Make sure you are trimmed for hovering before trying to hook the cargo. I found that this simple trick is all it really takes for successfully hooking the cargo.

Once cargo is hooked, keep the huey trimmed for hovering and proceed to the dropoff area. The hover trim helps in keeping the cargo swings under control while lowering it to the ground.

you mean hold the stick forward from hover position?

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Its not doable... i tried a cargo operation in the mission editor and it worked flawlessly both on the ground and while hovering above it... but its broken in the campaign mission... must be some script issue.

Well I've done it, so I know it's doable. Maybe the altitude parameters for hooking the cargo are more restrictive in this specific mission.

OTOH if you load the mission in the mission editor and move the cargo in the editor some distance away from the original position, and then you fly the mission, you can even hook while landed close to the cargo using the hook cargo command.

In the campaign mission instead you have to hover at a specific altitude (higher than 40 feet? didn't really notice) or it won't hook.

well I do furias method but not with extension. anyways, this is again doable.

Here is a fresh video I made today just to prove it works.

Well if its gona take 10 minutes of trials to hook it then there is definitely something wrong with it.... plus in the briefing it says that i can hook it while on the ground... so we are waiting for Greg's fix...

Not sure this campaign missions have anything to do with it. It's a Belsimtek/UH-1H problem (at least for the wrong weight update), and perhaps a DCS problem/change for the hooking, see here and here.

It doesn't seem obvious, I wouldn't hold my breath. If you want to perform those missions you're better off updating to an older version, check here to see how to do that.

Edited by Redglyph

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

It seems that we face this issue due to some new limits regarding the cargo's weight. That's why it works in a new fresh designed mission in which you may leave the default cargo weight.

I am fixing the mission now and am planning to add a trigger in case you need to skip the missions when you face an issue like that.

Don't know when it will be available though (I mean the date of the next update). Sorry for the delay and the issues.

In case someone wants to move to the 4th mission you can still do it through the logbook.lua. Please let me know if someone needs help with this.

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

I am guessing with the Harrier update tomorrow ? I watched the whole video from Wild Bill, but you don't real;y get what is going on. First of all you cannot hear the voice at all. And it just looks like he is hovering back and forward for 10 minutes and it just happens magically.

Do you have to be certain alt above it ? I guess I am still waiting for the tomorrow update ^.^

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

• 3 months later...

Does anybody was able to finish this mission in DCS 2.5? I have no problem to hook the cargo, but it is seems nearly impossible to carry it to the destination. External cargo physics seems to be seriously broken, it swinging violently no matter how accurate you are flying.