Poor Colour Display Compared to Other Users

Dogman

Hi

I was watching the excellent stream SideStrafe did with Wags a few days ago and I was struck by the vast difference with the display he was getting compared to what I get in game it looked like an almost completely different game. The colours were so much more vivid and the shore line water gradient that I have always got was not present in his display.

I have a new system and would love to know how I can configure my settings either in game or on card to replicate what SideStrafe has got. I tried to replicate the time of day season and locations used in SideStrafe's stream and have included comparison screen shots that show my display first and SideStrafe's second for three comparative scenes. Would greatly appreciate any suggestions anyone has on how I can achieve these vastly improved graphics in game.

Thanks Guys

display_comp.pdf

Win 10, 64bit | Corsair 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3000MHz Vengeance | NVIDIA Galax GeForce GTX 1080 | CPU Intel Core i7 7700K (Not Overclocked) | TM Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Track IR5

Set msaa to 2x, if you have a high end gfx card or OFF for maximum performance with deffered shading on.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

Set msaa to 2x, if you have a high end gfx card or OFF for maximum performance with deferred shading on.

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

Hi

I was watching the excellent stream SideStrafe did with Wags a few days ago and I was struck by the vast difference with the display he was getting compared to what I get in game it looked like an almost completely different game. The colours were so much more vivid and the shore line water gradient that I have always got was not present in his display.

I have a new system and would love to know how I can configure my settings either in game or on card to replicate what SideStrafe has got. I tried to replicate the time of day season and locations used in SideStrafe's stream and have included comparison screen shots that show my display first and SideStrafe's second for three comparative scenes. Would greatly appreciate any suggestions anyone has on how I can achieve these vastly improved graphics in game.

Thanks Guys

Well try turning up Digital Vibrance in nVidia CP under adjust desktop color settings.. I set mine to 75.. also do you have shadows set to flat or off?? looks like you dont have any shadows either..

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.0Ghz / Noctua DHS-14  /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA 1070 GTX FTW /  G. Skill Trident Z CAS 16 - 32GB RAM @4200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 /  Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer2

Hi Gents

Many thanks for all your support and suggestions which I have applied to varying degrees and have am happy to report have achieved a very satisfactory result. I ended up just having to turn on deferred shading, Gamma dialled back just a tad to 2 also adjusted both MSAA and Anisotropic Filtering to 2x and turned on cockpit illumination just for the heck of it. I did not experience any frame rate loss and the sim is running very smooth and now in rich dynamic colour and looks fantastic.

I have noticed a couple of issues like the cockpit lighting for the P51D that traditionally is red is now a weird purple colour and the HUD display on the A10C is not as high a resolution as it is with the original settings but compared to the vast improvement I have realised in other areas these are compromises that I am happy to live with for the time being and maybe find some way of tweaking them in the future.

Once again thanks for your quick and patient assistance.. much appreciated.

Win 10, 64bit | Corsair 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3000MHz Vengeance | NVIDIA Galax GeForce GTX 1080 | CPU Intel Core i7 7700K (Not Overclocked) | TM Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Track IR5