Can we please fix the culminator in the viggen.

Neon

Ok I realize that only us vr people have the problem but can we please fix it? Having to lean my head that far back while keeping my hand on the throttle is a serious pain, mainly in the back but also in the neck.

I know that you guys are very busy with the F-14 and god knows I want that thing. But one of the main reasons why I bought this plane was for the mavericks.

I agree. I just played the Viggen again and noticed this is still a problem. We won't be able to use the Maverick in VR effectively until the display is properly focused.

The problem is that the function we use to return the head position in VR is not working properly. It returns fine when using a 2D screen and e.g. trackIR. It's been reported to ED.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

• 3 months later...

I've never played DCS in VR, but I'm wondering: is it possible for Heatblur to create a dedicated EP-13 centered static view that could be mapped to a button? That would ease the players' neck while waiting for a fix.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

I've never played DCS in VR, but I'm wondering: is it possible for Heatblur to create a dedicated EP-13 centered static view that could be mapped to a button? That would ease the players' neck while waiting for a fix.

You can create your own custom views already, in case you were not aware. But I guess a predetermined one from HB would be nice!

Great, all of these have nothing to do the the culminator vr problem.

Minus what Schmidtfire said.

Damn it I bought this module majorly because it is a ground attacker that can fire Mavericks that is not a A-10.

Come on heatblur, you say it’s a ED bug well they obviously forgot about it or don’t care. Bug the shit out of them till they fix it or find a fix!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Neon

How do you set a specific, predetermined viewpoint?

Seconded; I saw this mentioned at one point, and I would love to be able to do this, but I haven't seen a tutorial on how to do it and make it work (I've tried with no success, and I know I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know what).

You can create your own custom views already, in case you were not aware. But I guess a predetermined one from HB would be nice!
I was aware of that, but I didn't know how to do that until tonight. Thank you for enticing me to look for the solution.

How do you set a specific, predetermined viewpoint?

+1. But does it even work for VR? Want to aim those Rb-75s in my Rift.

Here's my proposition as a workaround. I found the answer on this useful post. Let's get to the point:

1. Edit the .../DCS World/Config/View/View.lua file.

2. Find "UseDefaultSnapViews = true", change it to "UseDefaultSnapViews = false" and save.

3. Start the game. You're now able to create customized snap views.

4. Enter the Viggen cockpit.

5. Press one of the 10 snap view buttons available (LWin + NumPad 0 to 9). No need to hold it.

6. Face the EP-13 and hold your position.

7. Press RAlt + NumPad0. Your customized snap view is now saved.

8. Test your customized snap view by holding the LWin + NumPad # combination you chose earlier.

9. Map this combination to one of your joystick switches. This way, you won't have to hold on a button to keep the snap view active.

It works for me using a TrackIR (the view doesn't move as long as the switch is up) ; I'm assuming it also works in VR. Let me know.

Great, all of these have nothing to do the the culminator vr problem.

Minus what Schmidtfire said.

Wait, you were talking about this all along, right? If you were, then I'm completely off topic! My bad. :doh: All joking aside, the word you're searching for is collimator. And if you want to give my workaround a try, it might help you improve your VR experience with the Viggen.

Edited by Flappie
  • Like 1

No it really won’t. The farther you lean in with vr the smaller the actual window gets. In order to use it now we have to lean WAY back to get it to any size you can actually see but by then good luck finding anything because it will be cut off by the rest of the cockpit. Then since we are leaning so far back we can barely see anything then to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Neon

I think most devs are slowing down on keeping up with updates, knowing that 2.5 is, hopefully, very soon. Which means an onslaught of all new problems, and some of the old ones may disappear, with new ones taking their place.

This is just my thoughts, as it seems to be the case. Razbam is kind of working on the M2K, but aren't really fixing too much. HB is kind of doing things with the Viggen, but not much. I'm betting that it'll be much the same for the minor stuff once the F-14 and the Harrier are both released, at least until 2.5 comes out.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So just to clarify. Does that mean you can get snapviews in VR?

As I said, I'm not VR equipped, but I see snap views do temporarily deactivate my TrackIR input when I'm holding whatever snap view button.

If one of you, VR people, could test it out... All you have to do is holding down Numpad 5 key while in the cockpit. Does it temporarily deactivate your device's headtracking or not?

Using rb-75 sight is a total pain for those who do not have track IR, if I can remember right, on mig15 there's some sort of function that moves player point of view forward when the guns are active, just like leaning forward to give pilot a better view of sight (not sure about it yet cause I don't really fly the mig15, just bought it cause I like taking it around for free flights), wondering if Heatblur can implant the same thing on viggen, and it can be activated by setting trigger safety off or maybe by pushing some preset key bind or something

• 1 month later...

Is this still a thing?

Asking because I want to buy the Viggen but use Oculus.

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348