Radar Filter

Joni

I did a lot of test with a friend in tail aspect for instance and it had no effect. Could it be the last update?

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

Until precise test points and data are provided, we won't be able to tell, will we?

BFR should have reduced range for hot targets

BFR should be able to see low range cold targets (~iso speed) that HFR will drop

BFR shouldn't allow lock.

Edited by Azrayen

spacer.png

Ill upload one tonight. But everyone is free to check in the meantime, the results are clear for me.

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

Last time I checked, PRF definitely had effect in the 2000, as expected.

Same experience here.

Edit : I have done a quick test and I can't say BFR or INT improve detection in the situations they should. There might be a bug because IIRC the effects was noticeable when I tested them a few month ago.

Edited by myHelljumper

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Same experience here.

Edit : I have done a quick test and I can't say BFR or INT improve detection in the situations they should. There might be a bug because IIRC the effects was noticeable when I tested them a few month ago.

Yeap, thats what I saw. I chased a friend at the same speed at different distances (5nm to 15nm) and we changed our relative speed many times as well as prf and the radar always lost the contact at the same distance (11nm) regardless of prf, speed, or anything.

I'm eagerly waiting to see the result of your own radar code.

Well, the reason I wrote my post is because I already did that. And I am not the only one... for example, how do you think all those GCI/awacs projects do it? How much detail you want to simulate is purely on coder.

Anyways...

Piston85, my findings are in the same lines as well when I tested m2k radar.

In any case, PFR selection certainly does something, simply because in BFR radar contacts are displayed as squares and cannot be locked. This is just to say that the switch is quite functional and does something. Now, does it really improve detection on low aspect targets, I couldn't tell, but it is certainly Worth testing.

By the way, I suspect that BFR (Basse Fréquence) "Low PRF" is a bit of a misnomer (or at least confusing if you are used to US terminology), and is simply what americans would call Medium PRF, as there is no middle setting, just High, Low, and Interleaved, just as the US radars have High, Medium, and Interleaved). Of course, I could be wrong, but I think what the US calls Low PFR is mostly used in large search radars, for long range search, and I would be rather surprised to see that in a fighter aircraft.

No, low PRF is low PRF. RDY radar on Mirage 2000-5 use low, medium and high PRF.

RDI this is low and high PRF. AG rade would be low PRF too.

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Alright, interesting choice. And yeah, I forgot Low PRF is also used for AG radar, my bad. So one might see more difference between HFR and BFR than between the F-15C's HI and MED PRF, possibly ? But of course it'll all depend on signal treatment and filtering.

Does the RDY has 4 settings then, or does it not have an interleaved setting ? Not that this is relevant for this discussion.

With the RDI Thomson CSF had to make choices because they were limited by computing power.

The RDY is a completely new radar, and is a very powerful AA radar in term of computing power.

The pilot can choose the PRF or select auto. In auto mode the radar will choose the PRF depending on where the pilot is looking (range setting, look up/ look down) or what the "bugged" target is doing.

It can also build a "firing plan" on one HOTAS button press => the system choose the 4 most dangerous targets and the pilot just have to ripple fire the Mica missiles.

Off course he can also build his own firing plan.

All in all, they squeezed a F-15C in smaller Mirage 2000-5 airframe but with full glass cockpit.

A Mirage 2000-5F pilot once told me "the 2000-5 is all we ever requested since the Mirage 2000C".

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

The 2000 5 is a dream for any pilot.