Is there a mod to turn Nevada into Syria?

Would love to do missions in the syria/iraq region but all we have with desert (ignoring any mods of the black sea map) is Nevada. Just thought i'd ask the question.

• Like 2

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

I can and will...but i was hoping there was some sort of overlay to change the buildings to more of a burnt out look or war zone look if that makes sense.

I really wish we could get maps that replicate where current real world battles are being fought.

Thanks anyway

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

Now this you can do. Set up a Scenery Destruction Trigger Zone.

Wow, what was that? How do you do that? Can we do this for all Las Vegas?

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | 64GB DDR4-3200 Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind rudder pedals | HP Reverb

Open mission and select "create trigger zone". Click on map to place it and reduce or enlarge size to what you want. {pic1}

Select "set rules for trigger" and set type to mission start and action to scenery destruction. choose % of damage and you're done. {pic2}

Quote:

Originally Posted by kunterbunt viewpost.gif

Open mission and select "create trigger zone". Click on map to place it and reduce or enlarge size to what you want. {pic1}

Select "set rules for trigger" and set type to mission start and action to scenery destruction. choose % of damage and you're done. {pic2}

Attached Thumbnails attachment.php?attachmentid=166329&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1500901283 attachment.php?attachmentid=166330&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1500901283

Wow! :thumbup:

Does this work in Normandy?

We need destroyed scenery for realism.

+1000

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Since the damaged building models exist, it should be quite simple to add a feature to the ME where you can click on a structure and choose which model you want in the mission. Not that I expect it to happen but it is the correct way to address the issue.

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I know there's a mod that let's you place lots of destroyed objects. You could build a town out of that, throwing in civilian and bad guy buildings, maybe even have a mission failure message trigger if you put a lgb-12 down the wrong house.

6D80k38.jpg

There was a mod recently on user files that converted Beslan to a WW2 esque airfield by using empty EDM files or something - I'm not a graphic artist so not sure of the technicalities. Anyway I assume something similar could be done to remove buildings from NTTR. Could be a large job though. WW2 mod https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2641486/