Gazelle in 2.1.1.6837

Jem7

Hi,

Not played DCS in a long time, so not sure what the current state of play is with some of the modules. So my question is.....

Is the Gazelle broken when flying on the Nevada map? I seem to be having a tuff time flying this helio on the map. The training mission dont work, and im getting crashes back to the main menu & in-cockpit instruments not working or freezing. The load times are also very long.

Seems ok in 1.5, any advice welcome

Okay the Gazelle seems fine for me in NTTR and Normandy, initial load times in 2.1.x are a little longer compared to what I remember in 2.0.x but fast when you reload.

I should point out that I fly in VR and in 2.1.x the Gazelle instruments look better (in fact 2.1.1 just looks better for me.)

None of the training missions work in 2.1.x for Gazelle or Huey I just bought the KA50 and at least the free flight mission works but I think that is a general state of affairs for training missions and 2.1.x but I generally haven't bothered with training missions in 2.x

Would suggest trying to do a repair and update of your DCS installation I know I had some funnys just after the upgrade and went through the utility to repair etc and seems fine now.

For me it worth the effort of getting the DCS settings and instalation correct as the Gazelle flies superbly in 2.1.x (so to the Huey and well for me a steep learning curve so far the KA50)

DCS 2.1.x has some (coding) issues and also seems way more system demanding I have no MSAA, AF, or deferred shadding (all off) most everything high settings and somewhat reduced preload radius & clutter etc.

The above gives me fairly good frame rate hardly any stutters etc in single player and in small MP groups on line.

System

i7 5930 6/12 core @ 4.2GHz

32GB DDR4 @ 2.4GHz

980Ti slightly clocked

SSD

And yes my rig even struggles at times. :thumbup:

Waiting for the Mi-24 ;)

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Many thanks for the superb reply, I will do exactly as you say. Lots of great info there. I at least know that the Gazelle should work just fine in 2.1 so clearly I need to do some investigating :thumbup:

Thanks for the info on the training mission also