TrackIR and view issue

I regularly will look down at CDU, radios, etc and pause the TIR to perform the task at hand. This worked flawlessly for so long until today. In latest alpha, if I look down and pause the view it will pause but after a brief second or so, the view snaps forward but in a warped view that is below the center console (A-10C & F-5E) and looking forward. Nothing has changed on my end, so no clue where to start in the troubleshooting.

Has anyone else encountered this?? What was the solution?? Didn't know where to throw this, so I started with input area. :helpsmilie:

***Solved***

Get rid of:

default.lua in "...\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\Config\Input\Aircrafts\Default\headtracker" (NOTE there is no space in the \headtracker, the forums doesn't like it. I have tried to edit that space out and it's not there in the edit window)

and

default.lua in "...\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\Config\Input\Aircrafts\Default\trackir"

Then repair your install back to original state, ensure that those files are returned after the repair.

Edited by =Panther=

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

I can't help so much cause I never pause the TIR and keep it even for instruments reading, but may I suggest to try while looking at the TIr software ? Just to confirm that there is no signal loss fixed by a return to default position or whatever else similar...

Good luck in your investigation. :)

Not an ambient light issue as I'm a vampire and play in the dark. Lol

I'm going to try reinstalling the TIR software, as it seems more software than anything.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Solved it, updated info in original post.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I only encounter this, when pitching too far down, so that my camera will not track the LEDs of my clip anymore. Have adjusted the corresponding curve in Opentrack accordingly, to counter that.

Ryzen 5800XD - 32GB RAM - Sapphire RX 7900 XTX - VKB Stuff + MFG Crosswind Pedals

Homebase: Southwest Germany 🇩🇪

I have this issue as well and the above presented solution does not work unfortunately.

Didn't work for a squad mate either. Not sure what else drives the issue, and it's definitely DCS related. Only happens in DCS, the TIR software doesn't show movement.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

worked for me.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .