A new GCICAP module

FlightControl

Caucasus 1.5.7

It's very very simple, I don't know if i understand the philosophy.

I would like to creat two cap flight at first.

So checked your mission, and it works fine.

A CAP spawns between 180 and 600 seconds. You can speed up the time elapse using L-CTRL-W (or Z).

Small thing:

I changed a bit the test.lua to this:

GCI_Red = AI_A2A_GCICAP:New( "EWR", "TEST", "CAP", 2 )
GCI_Red.SetSquadronTakeoffInAir()
GCI_Red.SetSquadronLandingNearAirbase()

CGI_Red is your GCICAP object, and from this object you use its methods.

Also in the mission editor, you can set both triggers at "MISSION START".

No time delays are necessary at the triggers.

Enjoy!

test.lua

test.miz

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

Hey Test,

So I am trying to get your system to work so I can replace the old GCICAP script. Main problem I am having is that none of the reds ground radars appear to be working. As soon as their AWACS lands the bases stop sending up interceptors.

Also for whatever reason none of the planes understand a boarder the way they should and from what I can tell the first cap plane to take off sets off a chain reaction were everyone is just sending GCI to kill the other GCI.

Can you please take a look? I am sending you the lua for both sides scripts and a copy of the stripped down mission to only the parts that use your script which I have been using for testing.

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/1ydXJM6fLZ0cdqucmHopnrwgYMu4bMTHmvQfYPbbEdH

Edited by Neon
forgot to add the link....

Can you please take a look? I am sending you the lua for both sides scripts and a copy of the stripped down mission to only the parts that use your script which I have been using for testing.

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/1ydXJM6fLZ0cdqucmHopnrwgYMu4bMTHmvQfYPbbEdH

Checking ...

[/TABLE]

You might want to list what mods you had loaded when you made this mission

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

You might want to list what mods you had loaded when you made this mission

I don't use mods. Just pure DCS.

[/TABLE]

Yeah I forgot about that I'll post up one with no mods tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see you use the wrong API.

This is the correct one.

AI_A2A_GCICAP:NewWithBorder(EWRPrefixes,TemplatePrefixes,BorderPrefix,CapPrefixes,CapLimit,GroupingRadius,EngageRadius,GciRadius,Resources)

The API currently used is New(), but that one doesn't take a border.

[/TABLE]

I don't use mods. Just pure DCS.

Lols , we cross posted was asking Neon who made the mission

Another advice that I have for you is that you limit the amount of nodes (waypoints) you have in your polygon zones. Each zone check that is executed will validate each node in the polygon (through ray casting). Not that it is a huge problem, but 29 loops verus 5 loops per polygon make a difference, even if it is only tested a couple of time in a minute.

[/TABLE]

Alright I took your advice and lowered the points for both the cap and the border on both sides. But nobody is respecting boarders. I had a cap flight head straight over the boarder and all the fights will just head to targets even though they haven't crossed the boarder. I also think the Russian radar is still not working correctly because they look to just be launching in response to incursions. If there is a cap area they are meant to fly whatever many planes you define in the cap area non-stop correct?

I have posted up another package, this time no mods. Sorry about that! Same thing as before the two lua files and the mission. This one also has all the other scripts that I have running to control the missions, tankers, and awacs.

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/1KMgR23lv2H5auVe8hTmqTPP9T4eU5VmF0aVanxVGwm

Alright I took your advice and lowered the points for both the cap and the border on both sides. But nobody is respecting boarders. I had a cap flight head straight over the boarder and all the fights will just head to targets even though they haven't crossed the boarder. I also think the Russian radar is still not working correctly because they look to just be launching in response to incursions. If there is a cap area they are meant to fly whatever many planes you define in the cap area non-stop correct?

I have posted up another package, this time no mods. Sorry about that! Same thing as before the two lua files and the mission. This one also has all the other scripts that I have running to control the missions, tankers, and awacs.

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/1KMgR23lv2H5auVe8hTmqTPP9T4eU5VmF0aVanxVGwm

I had a cap flight head straight over the boarder and all the fights will just head to targets even though they haven't crossed the boarder.
It is a bit hard to follow what you mean, but in respect of the above, the border is only in respect to the detection. So if intruders approach and cross the border, they will be engaged by defenders. The defenders will chase and cross any border. However, there is a limit that can be set how far defenders will chase intruders from the home base.

http://flightcontrol-master.github.io/MOOSE/Documentation/AI_A2A_Dispatcher.html##(AI_A2A_DISPATCHER).SetDisengageRadius

I also think the Russian radar is still not working correctly because they look to just be launching in response to incursions.
Radar is working correctly. The correct terminology to be used is GCI.

- Radar triggers GCI.

- Time triggers CAP.

If there is a cap area they are meant to fly whatever many planes you define in the cap area non-stop correct?

That is correct. However, the whatever many planes is relative. When you have defined a grouping, lets say of 2, then each CAP will have 2 planes. So if you have defined 2 CAP then you will have 4 planes airborne.

There is an "engage range" parameter, which will determine the range in which CAP will engage with enemy planes. It makes a difference if a CAP engages an intruder from 100km or 250km.

The NewWithBorder method takes as a parameter the engage range.

http://flightcontrol-master.github.io/MOOSE/Documentation/AI_A2A_Dispatcher.html##(AI_A2A_GCICAP).NewWithBorder

This one also has all the other scripts that I have running to control the missions, tankers, and awacs.

Can you explain me also what you are controlling with the tankers and awacs. And what about the "mission"?

Edited by FlightControl

[/TABLE]

It is a bit hard to follow what you mean, but in respect of the above, the border is only in respect to the detection. So if intruders approach and cross the border, they will be engaged by defenders. The defenders will chase and cross any border. However, there is a limit that can be set how far defenders will chase intruders from the home base.

http://flightcontrol-master.github.io/MOOSE/Documentation/AI_A2A_Dispatcher.html##(AI_A2A_DISPATCHER).SetDisengageRadius

Radar is working correctly. The correct terminology to be used is GCI.

- Radar triggers GCI.

- Time triggers CAP.

That is correct. However, the whatever many planes is relative. When you have defined a grouping, lets say of 2, then each CAP will have 2 planes. So if you have defined 2 CAP then you will have 4 planes airborne.

There is an "engage range" parameter, which will determine the range in which CAP will engage with enemy planes. It makes a difference if a CAP engages an intruder from 100km or 250km.

The NewWithBorder method takes as a parameter the engage range.

http://flightcontrol-master.github.io/MOOSE/Documentation/AI_A2A_Dispatcher.html##(AI_A2A_GCICAP).NewWithBorder

Can you explain me also what you are controlling with the tankers and awacs. And what about the "mission"?

The missions are flag scripts that's picks from a random mission (right now we have 13 but it grows weekly) and activates the groups for the mission then displays instructions for the pilots. The awacs and tankers are running on the awacs and tanker mist.lua script that can be found in the mission designer resource page.

I think I have it figured out now. I have one last question, can you place squadrons on carriers?

Edited by Neon

The missions are flag scripts that's picks from a random mission (right now we have 13 but it grows weekly) and activates the groups for the mission then displays instructions for the pilots. The awacs and tankers are running on the awacs and tanker mist.lua script that can be found in the mission designer resource page.

I think I have it figured out now. I have one last question, can you place squadrons on carriers?

I have been trying to do exactly that. But somehow I just can't find the correct spawning parameters to get the planes on the carrier spawned and not destroying itself. I will do once again a search why planes are crashing on carriers. You can however spawn them "in the air" above the carriers.

On my question on the AWACS and TANKERS, I wanted to understand your "requirement" regarding these planes. Because Moose can do a lot in governing respawning at airbases and restart them automatically.

So this statement:

TankerSpawn = SPAWN
 :New( "Tanker" )
 :InitLimit( 1, 4 ) -- 1 tanker live at the same time, 4 tankers in stock.
 :InitRepeat() -- Launch a new Tanker when the Tanker is destroyed.
 :SpawnScheduled( 300, 0.5 ) -- Check for a new Tanker every 300 seconds, with a 50% time variation (so between 150 and 450 seconds).

You need to set the Tanker route and the orbiting points in the mission.

TankerSpawn = SPAWN
 :New( "Tanker" )
 :InitLimit( 1, 4 ) -- 1 tanker live at the same time, 4 tankers in stock.
 :InitRepeat() -- Launch a new Tanker when the Tanker is destroyed.
 :InitRandomizeRoute( 1, 1, 40000 ) -- This randomizes the routes from the second route point till the last - 1 waypoint with a radius of 40000 meters.
  :SpawnScheduled( 300, 0.5 ) -- Check for a new Tanker every 300  seconds, with a 50% time variation (so between 150 and 450 seconds).

http://flightcontrol-master.github.io/MOOSE/Documentation/Spawn.html#SPAWN

[/TABLE]

Sven quick question

In the DCS Editor there is a grass airfield object , can this be used with moose GCICAP ?

Sven quick question

In the DCS Editor there is a grass airfield object , can this be used with moose GCICAP ?

I never tried this actually, but farps work. There is however an issue with farps. Sometimes the farp spawns the helo "late" and I don't get a GROUP object immediately. Maybe this is not the case with grass airfields.

[/TABLE]

Thanks for getting back to me, I just tried it out no luck

DATABASE00003._RegisterAirbases({[1]="Register Airbase:",[2]="Kutaisi",})

^ this is MOOSE building a list of airbases and FARPS ?

It doesnt seem to see my placed grass airfield (at least I cannot see its name being parsed)

Thanks for getting back to me, I just tried it out no luck

DATABASE00003._RegisterAirbases({[1]="Register Airbase:",[2]="Kutaisi",})

^ this is MOOSE building a list of airbases and FARPS ?

It doesnt seem to see my placed grass airfield (at least I cannot see its name being parsed)

--- @param #DATABASE self
function DATABASE:_RegisterAirbases()

local CoalitionsData = { AirbasesRed = coalition.getAirbases( coalition.side.RED ), AirbasesBlue = coalition.getAirbases( coalition.side.BLUE ), AirbasesNeutral = coalition.getAirbases( coalition.side.NEUTRAL ) }
 for CoalitionId, CoalitionData in pairs( CoalitionsData ) do
   for DCSAirbaseId, DCSAirbase in pairs( CoalitionData ) do

local DCSAirbaseName = DCSAirbase:getName()

self:E( { "Register Airbase:", DCSAirbaseName } )
     self:AddAirbase( DCSAirbaseName )
   end
 end

return self
end

This code parses the airbases. Aren't grassfields part of the coalition as an airbase???

[/TABLE]

Hi, Yes they are part of a coalition.

you set a side for the airbase object and then place it on the map in the editor

Iam seeing all other airbases and FARPS being output just not my new test grass airfield

using

03691.078 INFO SCRIPTING: *** MOOSE STATIC INCLUDE START ***

03691.078 INFO SCRIPTING: Moose Generation Timestamp: 20170812_0828

Hi, Yes they are part of a coalition.

you set a side for the airbase object and then place it on the map in the editor

Iam seeing all other airbases and FARPS being output just not my new test grass airfield

using

03691.078 INFO SCRIPTING: *** MOOSE STATIC INCLUDE START ***

03691.078 INFO SCRIPTING: Moose Generation Timestamp: 20170812_0828

Grassfields seem not to be included in the DCS API

coalition.getAirbases( coalition.side.RED ) 
coalition.getAirbases( coalition.side.BLUE )
coalition.getAirbases( coalition.side.NEUTRAL )

maybe somebody can help on this?

[/TABLE]

Could grass fields be a different class of object type ?

I don’t think so. If I dig into my memory, there was a post somewhere a long time ago, that wrote something about grassfields when they were introduced in the product, that these are objects “without any logic behind”, but allow to position planes upon.

But to be honest, it kind of is confusing why these aren’t Airbases, as they appear in the list as “airbase types”.

It could very well be that these ARE Airbase objects, but just not included in the coalition lists.

It could very well be that it is easy to search for a grassfield airbase if you know the name.

And the grass airbases can also be searched on the mission file, which is what Database can do too :-)

But it takes a bit of time and energy to search and try out all of this stuff, because there isn’t much help from ED in these matters.

Maybe there are people on the DCS community who have experience in this and want to share it.

FC

[/TABLE]

Ok Sven , thanks once again for looking into this

Question: By default how often does GCICAP check to see if the CAP planes are active and the CAP number of planes is correct ?

Ok Sven , thanks once again for looking into this

Question: By default how often does GCICAP check to see if the CAP planes are active and the CAP number of planes is correct ?

The frequency is very low. It is the Law of Murphy... I was yesterday in a chat with Invisibull talking about exactly the same thing :-)

:SetDefaultCapTimeInterval( 180, 600 )

But you can't use this method to change the timing of the default spawning (yet). I'll need to do some changes in GCICAP. So when airbases already have squadrons assigned, you can use :SetDefaultCapTimeInterval to change the timing.

But there is a solution, fortunately. If you wanna change the default timing, you'll have to do this per squadron. GCICAP assigns to each airbase that has template airplanes above the airbase during the initialization, a squadron to that airbase that contains exactly the name of the airbase.

So by example:

A2ADispatcher:SetSquadronCapInterval( "Tonopah Test Range Airfield", 3, 30, 60 )

would change the amount of groups of planes, and time frequency range for the "Tonopah Test Range Airfield" squadron. The 3 is the amount of groups of planes, and 30 and 60 is the min/max time interval. The 3 however will generate only 2 groups... Because I did a small hickup in the code that will be fixed soon in a new moose.lua version.

So :SetSquadronCapInterval is the method you need to use.

FC

[/TABLE]