1.5.7 antialiasing

Well , so i am the ony one looking at the runway and finding texture a little more blurred than usual (i am using DCS_World_Ga-Bika_MODpack_1.5.X_Caucasus btw)

I tryed everything, from nvidia control panel to shader delete.

200m butterflier inside :harhar:

MERLO forever

Well , so i am the ony one looking at the runway and finding texture a little more blurred than usual (i am using DCS_World_Ga-Bika_MODpack_1.5.X_Caucasus btw)

I tryed everything, from nvidia control panel to shader delete.

the texture blurred is the anisotropic filter not the antialiasing, increase it

Set your aniso on the Nvidia Control Panel. Is working ( x16 )

What is not working outside DCS is the Antialias.

But even setting AA inside DCS there is a FPS problem with it over 2x. The AA filter in the current 2.1 version has a deep impact in FPS and is not working very well smoothing edges.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

I am going to try your suggestion tonight.

anyway i tryed the control panel tweak 2 days ago and wasnt getting better fps.

(my bottleneck atm is the cpu)

My fps are fine, its just the graphical appearence that seems different from the 1.5.6

On 2.1 i have no problems at all, runway textures are good.

MERLO forever

River...

One thing is the blurried textures at certain angles, for example the runway when you are landing. This is fixed ONLY with Anisotropic filtering, in your Control Panel, x16.

Other thing is FPS and perfomance.

Right now the actual situation of the EDGE technology with deferred shading is making Antialias having a very deep impact in FPS. Except you have a very high end rig, everything over 2x Antialias could have a bad impact on FPS.

You can test it but in my rig i can only set 2x for a good compromise between FPS and good looking. But even with more than 2x antialias, right now the filtering with deferred shading is not working well. IMHO its working pretty bad because the image edges are very noticeable. Much more than in 1.5.7.

Finally you can force Antialias filter ONLY inside DCS, any setting outside is discarded. I think this is a limitation of Nvidia drivers not finding the DCS.exe in a proper way in the Control Panel

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

First of all, thanks for your advices!

Anyway 2.1 atm is running smoother than 1.5.7 on my setup that is not a high end one. (founder 1070 +8gb ram + 2nd or thidr gen i5, i dont really remember, both

slightly OC).

Certainiy, when i play 2.1 i am always in sigle player doing small and easy training custom missions. Ofc aniso has impact on fps but i am not playing in vr so 60 is enough.

Mate... i tested this heavily and i assure i found my sweet spot (on 2.1) just taking into account that:

1) civ traffic kills my fps (low is ok)

2) water level kills my fps (kinda ironic on a desert map :lol:)

3) mirrors are heavy but lighter than in 1.5.6 or .7 (on 1.5 i cant play with mirrors on, on 2.1 yes, but remember that i am flying different stuff)

4) clutters are fps killers (0 ftw! clutters are for vegans :megalol:)

5) visib range the one before ultra)

5) depth of field is a bad girl :music_whistling:

(the rest is maxed if i remember good)

btw i was just trying to understand why (in 1.5.7, release and not in 2.1!) after this patch i found my graphical config gone and after setting all the options back to my previous setup i see that distant lines on the runway are blurred, even at x16 aniso.

I am not going to write all my graphical config but i assure you that loading a cold start mission, looking at the trees/planetraffic, with vsync on i have no impact on fps while setting aniso on x16 or off (ofc it is capped to 60 monitor htz!). Even with deferred shading on, since without it is seems ugly :D.

Atm i am flying primarly 1.5.7 with viggen dynamic campaign and my setup can barely hold on it but it is a cpu/ram issue, not a nvidia issue.

Talking about fps it is not helping me :cry: , i was just trying to understand why on my install the textures seems a little more blurred than before (or maybe i am getting old and i need to upgrade my eyes firmware :gun_smilie: ).

Edited by Riverseeker
depht of filed is a bad girl O_o

MERLO forever

ED tweaks numerical parameters hidden under all these "medium/high/whatever" buttons in options menu (sometimes tweaks for worse, unfortunately), so setting them the same way as before the update doesn't mean they will result in the same visual quality.

As for the water... 1.5.x was rendering the body of water under the whole map affecting fps even when there was no visible water around. I was hoping this method would be gone for NTTR, but judging from your tests, that's not the case. Oh well, good to know that.

I don't feel like flying 1.5.7 much these days, 'cause it indeed brought noticeable performance hit compared to 1.5.6 (especially with high AA settings indeed), while visual quality didn't improve much (if at all).

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.