Update of the M-2000C Manual

baltic_dragon

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Normally your book development software (or even MS Word) has the ability to export your hierarchical structure in the document as pdf bookmarks. How many tiers get converted I think is an option. Say your document has 4 levels and maybe you only want to generate bookmarks from the top 2 that should be possible.

For me the PDF manual having (A-10C, Bf-109K-4); not having (Hawk, Ka-50); or having poor (MiG-21) bookmarks is a big impression of overall quality of presentation. For current Mirage manual it gives the impression "Oh, this is WIP."

Baltic, I’ve read that thw PCA logic and avionics are not completely accurate and Zeus wanted to re-do them. Will those changes be reflected in the upcoming manual? If not, are they being taking in consideration for a quick documents update when they are released?

When the changes are ready I will update the manual and hopefully will be able to do it at the same time as changes are released to the public. I will also include a special section on updates and changes like in real life manuals.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Just checking in to see if there is an update.

Cheers

Hey, the manual went to RAZBAM, as I understand they are collating info in order to schedule updates/upgrades and in the meantime reviewing the manual, also in the context of future changes.

I am also in the process of porting training missions to NTTR and updating them to be in line with the manual, especially on checklist part etc. After that I will upgrade the Caucasus ones in the same way :)

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Hey, the manual went to RAZBAM, as I understand they are collating info in order to schedule updates/upgrades and in the meantime reviewing the manual, also in the context of future changes.

I am also in the process of porting training missions to NTTR and updating them to be in line with the manual, especially on checklist part etc. After that I will upgrade the Caucasus ones in the same way :)

:thumbup:

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

You seem relatively new around here, Thump, so first: welcome :)

Second, don't you think it's kinda harsh?

Considering volunteer work on one side, plus the short time interval between DCS updates and the fact that any update/publishing is by default done through the DCS updater on the other side... ;)

spacer.png

You seem relatively new around here, Thump, so first: welcome :)

Second, don't you think it's kinda harsh?

Considering volunteer work on one side, plus the short time interval between DCS updates and the fact that any update/publishing is by default done through the DCS updater on the other side... ;)

Hi Azrayen :), it's more of a long time listener, first time caller thing. I've been around since Flanker and LOMAC but haven't posted much. It's more of a vocal frustration as an EA M2K, early RAZBAM supporter with what feels to be institutional lack of focus/completed product with this specific third party developer. Hence why I am appreciative of his efforts along with anyone else who has done these things out of their own time. It simply seems that these things should be a forethought and not something the customer should have to prompt.

Cheers,

Thump

Hi Thump, I understand your position and agree with you, in a perfect world :)

May I add that, should it have been forethought, the answer would probably have been: "any update/publishing is by default done through the DCS updater" ;)

(just my personal opinion)

Regards,

Az'

spacer.png