Update of the M-2000C Manual

baltic_dragon

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok guys, I am talking about Selected Altitude Hold. Altitude hold has been working fine.

I have only played a bit with it, but from what I have found, you need to:

1. Set the desired altitude in the dials

2. Activate the AP in a climb or descent to reach that altitude

3. Press selected altitude hold. This will arm the mode (in yellow)

4. When the aircraft reaches the altitude, it selected altitude hold activates to intercept it and then reverts to altitude hold.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi neetz,

Good job on the remarks! I'm sure it will help :)

One thing about this one:

Page 33 -

MAGIC SEARCH/NAV UPDATE- Should be 'Magic Unlock/NAV Update' ? (well, according to the keybinds anyhow)

If magic is selcted and Master Arm is ON, the seeker cross will act as an search point,

but when one presses the magic unlock, seeker head tracking is dropped to deafault pos.

So the buttons to be called as a "Magic search" makes no sense or im complitely missing something here.

I'm afraid you're missing something completely. But I'm not messing around with you: it's kinda perfectly normal, as it's also missing completely in DCS at the moment. :)

That being said, yeah the button may be renamed. But let's keep the search part. It's interesting.:D

++

Az'

spacer.png

Hi neetz,

Good job on the remarks! I'm sure it will help :)

One thing about this one:

I'm afraid you're missing something completely. But I'm not messing around with you: it's kinda perfectly normal, as it's also missing completely in DCS at the moment. :)

That being said, yeah the button may be renamed. But let's keep the search part. It's interesting.:D

++

Az'

Hi.

As i re-read what i wrote i realized that i forgot to add that 'if the seeker has a active tracking on a target and 'magic unlock' is pressed, the seeker head will revert to default position (the cross on the hud)'.

But as i read you correctly, are you saying that the Magic might have a update as like an active search (not static), i guess like the A10 has for its AIM missiles?

you know, the seeker doing hula loops and all... :megalol:

And thanks, glad to help, even if its just a little. Its my main module to fly ..

Im so happy that I found DCS, the free time i might have had - gone :suspect:

Yes, the Magic should have its own search patterns.

So the "Magic unlock" has different functions:

- MAG not selected: vertical overfly Nav update

- AA weapon selected: switch scan patterns => Not available yet in DCS

- MAG locked: unlock seeker & reset search.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

I have only played a bit with it, but from what I have found, you need to:

1. Set the desired altitude in the dials

2. Activate the AP in a climb or descent to reach that altitude

3. Press selected altitude hold. This will arm the mode (in yellow)

4. When the aircraft reaches the altitude, it selected altitude hold activates to intercept it and then reverts to altitude hold.

Thanks for the hint. I will give it a try.

I managed to actually make the plane do the climb...but it's a hit and miss with get it to work. And to be honest more on the "miss" side. Hence, I think it's not working as expected and not as described in the manual?

I managed to actually make the plane do the climb...but it's a hit and miss with get it to work. And to be honest more on the "miss" side. Hence, I think it's not working as expected and not as described in the manual?

ALT AFF use is described p68 of the manual, and honestly, I don't see what's wrong with it.

It's working as intended, and it did so for months now. Nothing changed with 2.5 on this mode.

ALTITUDE CAPTURE MODE

This mode requires first setting an altitude value on the ALT SEL. At the moment of mode selection: The amber AFF annunciator light up.

The AP is armed for altitude capture.

PITCH: The pilot must set the desired flight path angle towards the desired altitude with the trim control hat or by overriding the AP.

The AP then holds this pitch. When approaching the target altitude, the AP takes flight path angle control for capture (green ALT annunciator lights up) and adjusts the pitch in order to capture the altitude. Once reached, the ALT AFF capture mode is cancelled, and automatically replaced by the ALT hold mode described above.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

I never had any trouble with it. Set up the desired altitude using the knobs, then set the aircraft for the climb or dive and press the DES ALT button - it will turn yellow. Once you get to within 1000 feet from the desired alt (from the top of my head) - it will turn green and the AP will take authority. Once it levels at the desired flight level it will switch to ALT HOLD mode.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

There is no specific order between setting the flight path and engaging "ALT AFF" mode.

You can climb first then engage ALT AFF, or engage ALT AFF then climb.

Off course this is PA + ALT AFF...

It's a great tool to use if you need to do some head down work in the cockpit while climbing/ descending.

Be careful to your flight path though.

Peace of advice: +10° max for MIL CLIMB, +30° max for full PC climb.

During the climb you will probably need to lower the flight path angle to keep the speed.

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

baltic_dragon, did you found the info about the radar screen and some info about how to proceed and symbology when other planes enable their jammer (you are being jammed)??

Also, I didnt remember about the BAP-100 bombs until I saw them in the manual now...is there plans to implement them yet?

thanks a lot!

Edited by watermanpc

Take a look at my MODS here

baltic_dragon, did you found the info about the radar screen and some info about how to proceed and symbology when other planes enable their jammer (you are being jammed)??

Also, I didnt remember about the BAP-100 bombs until I saw them in the manual now...is there plans to implement them yet?

thanks a lot!

I will have to check, for the moment I need to step back from the manual to finish the Red Flag campaign, but will put it on the to do list when I get to updating the doc!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Loving the new manual!

Already learned so much and I'm only at the autopilot section. Really was an eye opener when I learned I could fly with the autopilot using the trim hat to set heading and climb/dive. Very cool functionality!

• Like 1

Hi scopewizard,

Nice review altogether :thumbup:

However, could you edit your document please?

Your remark about page 37, 5th §, if followed, would include a double countersense:

1/ SEC CALC may be automatically selected (in fact, most of the time it is).

So the condition described is not "only" for when the SEC CALC switch has been moved by the pilot, but, as BD wrote, "before switch to SEC CALC" (it's the verb switch, here, not the noun; on purpose).

2/ "SEC CALC switch" doesn't exist, really. CALC switch does, OTOH. As described in the same page BTW ;)

Page 61 / section "Degraded and emergency..."

Please remove you suggestion, is would include a countersense too. Emergency gains are fixed gains. The sentence is OK as it it (and it spells emergency with a g, too :smartass:)

Page 64 1§ 2nd sentence: I agree the sentense could be edited a bit. However, it should continue to convey the following meanings:

- the pilot should put the A/C under AP shorlty after T/O

- control via trim is not a "preferred" way of flying the A/C versus the temporary-manual handling offered by the AP StandBy switch. (What I mean here is => your choice of using "however" is not correct.)

Section autopilot panel second line: no, it shouldn't. yes, it's correct how it is. Refer to HOTAS controls list :)

Page 97: those abbreviations are already 5 pages earlier, under the sentence: "No matter what Master Mode/Sub-mode is active all of them share the following data." ;)

I suggest to keep the note short, i.e. not to re-write explainations here. :)

Page 120: good catch, but "or" should in fact be replaced by "of", don't you think?

Page 190: may I nitpick too (please!)? Your proposal "there is no danger of being detected while using it" may let a lawyer advocates that using one's radar is possible without risk of being detected as long as you use your SERVAL at the same time. Do you see where I'm going? Perhaps "due" isn't the best suited term (English isn't my 1st language), but there should be a term conveying a "consequence" meaning (AFAIK "while" only convey a "same-time" meaning).

Page 221: Agreed :) Except that sentence should read "For cluster bombs and BAP-100, RET and INST selects the same fuse" (bombs, plural, and BAP-100 as in 100 mm, that's large enough a bomb diameter to make big holes in runways.)

= = = = = = =

Also if I may answers some of your questions:

About page 46: answer is yes :)

About page 55: answer is also yes :)

About page 157: I have a bit of a hard time understanding your suggestion: "Should this section go in more details concerning signed data in altitude to explain in greater details how you use the altitude of the reference point and the altitude of the offset point to determine if you enter a positive or a negative value?"

What information do you feel is missing?

About page 179: "The numbers displayed on the right side (...)" :D

About page 220: Operational Procedures

About page 247: answer is yes :)

++

Az'

spacer.png

Thank you very much Azrayen for your pertinent and candid comments and the responses to my questions. I am simply trying to improve an already excellent document and truly appreciate your comments. I am also submitting an amended document as you suggested containing my revised suggested amendments based on the text below.

I agree with you on my comment for page 37 concerning SEC Calc and I have remove this comment in my amended document. However, do you think this sentence would gain in clarity if it said – In Sec Calc, the afterburner cannot be lit but will remain on if it was already engaged before the switch to Sec Calc. For your concurrence.

Page 46 My comment changed based on your response to my question.

Comment on page 61 concerning Degraded and Emergency is removed from my amended document

Comment page 64. Document changed based on your comment and include the following. Could I suggest the following for this sentence. The M-2000C auto-pilot is designed to allow the pilot to turn it on shortly after takeoff and use the trim control to fly the aircraft. The pilot can also put temporarily the auto-pilot in standby to make a correction and then automatically return to its previous auto-pilot settings. For your concurrence.

Page 64 Section autopilot panel second line. This comment is removed from my document.

Page 97 My mistake, you are right these abbreviations are included in page 92, 93; comment removed.

Page 120 Agreed, you are right -or- should be replaced by -of- here. Document amended accordingly.

Page 157 Comment in document clarified based on your comment. This section should expand about positive and negative value in delta altitude entry for an offset point. My question relates to how to determine if you will enter a positive or a negative value in the delta altitude entry for an offset point. Is it solely negative when your offset point is below sea level? For instance, if your reference point is at 4500 feet and your offset point at 5000 feet, does this result in a negative or positive value and what about the opposite; do you see where I am going to?

Page 179 concerning Z mode and based on your response, should the text be amended to state the the number of the right of the cross?

Page 190 Comment removed in amended document.

Page 220 Question removed in amended document.

Page 221 Last paragraph of page 2, 2nd sentence Changed as you suggested.

I used to write lots of document in my previous life and I know that after a while you can no longer spot your typos and last night writing these comments, I spotted another typo on page 143 sub-paragraph 10 Data setting knob second sentence, change mor to more.

Again thanks to Baltic Dragon for an excellent document greatly helping the DCS M-2000C community. :smilewink:

M2000C improved manual by Baltic Dragon version 2.doc

• 4 weeks later...