Update of the M-2000C Manual

baltic_dragon

@baltic dragon

Would it been possible to go for font which is not as narrow (vertical stretched)? The sample is very hard to read.

Otherwise I look forward to the complete manual...

+1.

I would prefer a proportional space font like Times or Arial, and ideally a font that everybody has (like Times or Arial) so that the font isn't rasterized when zooming on a page.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice work, I really like it!

But - if it is not too late - maybe you would like to consider changing the way the elements in the pictures/hardcopies are numbered. As it is in these sample chapters, the numbering is somewhat hard to read. I actually like the ED way - numbering outside of the pic and arrows/lines connecting them to the cockpit elements. But if that is not viable, at least make the numbers stand out a bit more? Put a circle around them, use a deliberately (and consistent) highly visible colour?

I actually like the ED way - numbering outside of the pic and arrows/lines connecting them to the cockpit elements.

Agree. I`d say numbers on the first page of the fuel chapter are much more readable.

m2000fuel.PNG.ab59d671de62827be32de8254899d4be.PNG

It is great to see a progress on the module, thank you!

It needs to be something in between if they are going to be changing this at all. ED way also can get confusing when there are a lot of numbers it become a mess of lines which you have to follow to see what is what :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LOL I will stop posting stuff otherwise I will spend my whole time backtracking and updating things I have already done ;)

Joking. In facts sometimes I am using old pics from original manual, especially where there is no way to get a good screenshot angle. But some of them are outdated with new switches etc added to the pit so I have to replace them. Sometimes it is better to see parts of the pit against the background of other instruments etc. I'll do my best to make it easily readable and looking good at the same time.

Started working on HUD and I am sure I will use colour screenshots against some nice Nevada background.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

LOL I will stop posting stuff otherwise I will spend my whole time backtracking and updating things I have already done ;)

Joking. In facts sometimes I am using old pics from original manual, especially where there is no way to get a good screenshot angle. But some of them are outdated with new switches etc added to the pit so I have to replace them. Sometimes it is better to see parts of the pit against the background of other instruments etc. I'll do my best to make it easily readable and looking good at the same time.

Started working on HUD and I am sure I will use colour screenshots against some nice Nevada background.

I am not sure I understand what you are refering to ... if it is about our request regarding the screenshots, then there might be a misunderstanding.

At least what I meant was, the numbering of the elements of a screenshot does not stand out enough. For example, at first, I did not even saw that there were numbers added to the fuel gauge. The white numbers looked almost as were they part of the instruments labelling. Finding a specific element by number, i.e. when reading the description text, is somewhat difficult.

So, it is not about the screenshots itself, or any surrounding scenery, it is just simply the numbers added for referencing the switches and gauges. It would probably already help alot, if they would stand out more by using a bright (red?) colour and/or graphically (framing them into a circle or something like that) to make clear, that they are not part of the actual cockpit labels.

edit:

But if you say, you would have to redo all your pictures and that this would be an insane amount of work ... I would totally understand that. But if it is NOT too late, then, well, maybe something could be done here. ;-)

I am not sure I understand what you are refering to ... if it is about our request regarding the screenshots, then there might be a misunderstanding.

At least what I meant was, the numbering of the elements of a screenshot does not stand out enough. For example, at first, I did not even saw that there were numbers added to the fuel gauge. The white numbers looked almost as were they part of the instruments labelling. Finding a specific element by number, i.e. when reading the description text, is somewhat difficult.

So, it is not about the screenshots itself, or any surrounding scenery, it is just simply the numbers added for referencing the switches and gauges. It would probably already help alot, if they would stand out more by using a bright (red?) colour and/or graphically (framing them into a circle or something like that) to make clear, that they are not part of the actual cockpit labels.

edit:

But if you say, you would have to redo all your pictures and that this would be an insane amount of work ... I would totally understand that. But if it is NOT too late, then, well, maybe something could be done here. ;-)

I'm agree with you.

From my point of view, the Belsimtek F-5E manual is a reference. The numbering of the elements of screenshots are very clear :smartass:

The communications Controls Arrangement is on page 133 of the manuel.

Current specs: Windows 10 64bit, i7-7700K @ 4.8 Ghz, 32 GB RAM, 1 To SSD, RTX2070-Super, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog, TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

I understood perfectly well what it was about - and wherever able I will make sure to change it (should be in most cases). My comment was just a joke about the feedback and changes I will have to make in general (different font, different numbering etc) - but hey, I am not doing the manual for myself, so I'd rather put in some more work and make more people happy ;)

Thanks for all the comments and feedback guys!

EDIT: is the attached more or less what you were talking about?

719950083_10-3HUDgeneral.thumb.jpg.157bec659513bca66350a402c1c46ddc.jpg

Edited by baltic_dragon

Great work Baltic_Dragon!

I've spotted one mistake though, probably from a copy/past, on the V/UHF and UHF radio panel overview :

Knob #6 : UHF OPERATION MODE SELECTOR. The five-position AR, PAL, PAL + G, FI, H function selector switch determines the radio operating mode:

AR: (Arrêt) OFF. No power is applied, the bottom row of RADIO FREQUENCY DISPLAY remains blank.

M: (Manual). Main frequency. Power is applied and the main preset frequency is used.

FI: Not used.

H: Not used.

Those operation modes concerns the Knob #11 V/UHF Rx Mode Selector. The right modes are, as explained, AR, M, FI, H.

Keep it up bud!

is the attached more or less what you were talking about?

yes.gif

Is it possible to specify "NOT FUNCTIONAL" features which of them will be implemented and which will not due to DCS platform limitations?

Edited by azm

Great work Baltic_Dragon!

I've spotted one mistake though, probably from a copy/past, on the V/UHF and UHF radio panel overview :

Those operation modes concerns the Knob #11 V/UHF Rx Mode Selector. The right modes are, as explained, AR, M, FI, H.

Keep it up bud!

Thanks, corrected!

yes.gif

Is it possible to specify "NOT FUNCTIONAL" features which of them will be implemented and which will not due to DCS platform limitations?

I have the NON-FUNCTIONAL label that I am sticking to various systems and instruments that I know are not working, though I have no way of telling precisely which will be working in the future. So whenever I find something that is not implemented or working properly I just label it as "non functional". For the things I am 100% they will be done, I label them "Non functional yet".

Thx 4 updating the "problem child!

I'm missing turn performance chart of my lovely M-2000C.

We will add the charts once we have the updated FM out - so we will use data from the sim in order to reflect in 100% what the simulated M-2000C is doing. No point in adding that beforehand!

Hey guys, a small update: The HUD section is now ready, that was a big one to update - 26 pages in total with lots of screenshots. Moving on to another huge topic - NAV system.

Also, as a side note, the following parts of the manual are now done or mostly done: Introduction, Aircraft Basics, Instruments list, Engine, Electrical System, Fuel System, Hydraulics, Mobile Surfaces, Fly By Wire, Autopilot, Trim System, Landing Gear, Avionics: HOTAS, Flight Instruments, Radios, VOR and TACAN.

The manual is coming nicely together, thanks for all the tips on how it should look like!