Update of the M-2000C Manual

baltic_dragon

So you're saying you are sure the real aicraft can't do it and this isn't just a DCS thing where the values entered in the Mission Editor don't get transferred into the cockpit (either by design or oversight)?

I guess altitude values would be transferred to the INS via data cartridge IRL.

what I know is that the default setting is to show the altitude on the ground because this is what the INS will know based on the maps it gets. But on the other hand if you manually change the altitude the system won’t know if it is a peak ot not so it should work for you in theory up to a certain altitude (named by Myhellijumper).

So ME values should by default be set to ground level but it you update them manually it should work too up to a specified altitude.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I visited the M2000 base and got my question (and other ones) answered https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=191145&page=11

1. Indeed, with guns selected the magic circle appears on the HUD, if a magic is loaded, the seeker is cooled (form the PPA) and a plane is locked from the missile's seeker. The pilot said that the seeker can lock a target even without being in the guns mode (I imagine he meant also that the circle appears even in NAV mode? ). The magic slave button is working while in guns mode (so the target is in a triangle) . But to be fired, the pilot must select Mag mode through the throttle and can't do this in Guns mode (the Mirage 2000E has on the stick 2 separate buttons for guns and magic launch).

2. Regarding the dashed part of the snake line we discussed here

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=182527.

Indeed, the pilot shouldn't aim with that part of the snake line, due to the close distance of the target. The dashed part starts 50 or 100 m before the 300m mark, depending on the speed of the aircraft. So the dashed part is fully functional and not a cosmetic indication.

Edit - here are some good hud tapes showing the snake with the magic circle / triangle

3. About the elastic limit of stick. In the normal stop position, the aircraft has 9G / 29 AoA limit. The elasctic stop gives 2 more g' s (11 in total), if the speed permits it, or 2 more AoA's (=31 deg.). It's never used during normal operations and dogfights, because in that case the airframe is stressed and must be inspected for maintenance. It's used only in emergency situations (to avoid a ground crash).

Edited by jaguara5

Since I'm perusing the current manual at the moment, one thing came to my mind:

There are a lot of acronyms in the original French that are expanded in English. Could you include the French names in full in addition to the English? It might help with memorizing the units and devices when it's not just semi-random letter sequences, even if we don't understand the French words.

Yes, there are places where some acronyms are explained, but it's somewhat inconsistent. Or maybe I'm missing those since I'm skipping around the manual a bit right now.

Edited by Luzifer

Hmm, is this something that's going to be changed in the future according to real aircraft capabilities? Because in the current version if I edit the WP altitude in the INS the cross will be displayed at the correct altitude.

Do we know for sure what the real aircraft can or cant do in this regard?

Would be cool to know in order to reflect the real thing.

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

Do we know for sure what the real aircraft can or cant do in this regard?

Would be cool to know in order to reflect the real thing.

Yes we know for sure.

From Zeus, the data cartridge is loaded with the ground altitude at the waypoint position. The pilot can then edit it so it is at the altitude he wants but the waypoint altitude is limited to 20 or 25 kft I don't remember.

Edited by myHelljumper

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Yes we know for sure.

From Zeus, the data cartridge is loaded with the ground altitude at the waypoint position. The pilot can then edit it so it is at the altitude he wants but the waypoint altitude is limited to 20 or 25 kft I don't remember.

But the guy I quoted, quoted another guy who said that the mirage cannot see in 3d and the cross should always be in the ground.

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

But the guy I quoted, quoted another guy who said that the mirage cannot see in 3d and the cross should always be in the ground.

And how does the aircraft know where the ground is if it can't see is 3D ? :)

IRL it would always be on the ground but you can put any altitude you want, up to 20 or 25 kft.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Ok, I see. Doesnt seem to be the consensus here, but I understand.

Thanks.

Yes I agree, just pointed out what the other guys said that made me wonder.

Thanks.

Baltic, it would be awesome if we had the electrical details about what feeds each bus.

Currently we dont know what system is being fed by what.

THanks a million.

Baltic, it would be awesome if we had the electrical details about what feeds each bus.

Currently we dont know what system is being fed by what.

THanks a million.

Hey Piston, I could enquire if we can get a more detailed info than we currently have, but I don't have access to such information, so can't promise anything, sorry!

Hi Baltic,

Nice HUD section manual. One question: the number 175 in the bottom middle hud in AA mode is the relative target aspect angle, right?

Yes, it will be described in combat chapter :)

I am returning to DCS and the Mirage after an absence because of Hardware problems...

where can I find a link to the actual Updated Manual? Or is this something like closed beta?

Thank you very much!

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Hey Piston, I could enquire if we can get a more detailed info than we currently have, but I don't have access to such information, so can't promise anything, sorry!

If the electrical system is coded in full depth, with all the buses and power sources (as it should be for a true high fidelity model), the only you have to do is ask Zeus for a detailed electrical diagramsmile.gif .

Look also at p. 22 / 23 of the original M2000 (rdm) manual.

One thing is for sure, the

current diagram doesn't make sense without describing which systems are tied to each bus.

Edited by jaguara5

Yes, it will be described in combat chapter :)

Thanks a lot Baltic!

Hello and thank you very much for this great work that you are doing.

Just two things.

Page 3, before last paragraph when you talk about the waypoint track angle error. Because it is not yet described, maybe it's difficult to understand. My opinion is that is better to move this on the point of the waypoint track angle error paragraph on the next page.

Page 4. There is an image that overlay the text.

Thanks for the report, both issues fixed / changed.

The info I'm giving you comes from Zeus, unless you find some info on it it think it's the best source we have :).

Text on the waypoint altitude changed.

• 3 weeks later...

Also an update here - as I ran i to some unexpected problems with Red Flag and also lots of commitments in real life, I didn’t progress as much as I would have liked. Still I will try to finish the beta version of the manual during the Christmas break and hope to release it early January. Sorry for the delay!