A module with as few bugs as possible

cript

Hi,

July 2017. Disappointed by avionics of the Mig21Bis, I finally still have time to fly in DCS and am looking to learn a specific module which can not disappoint me as the Mig did (ARC and radar problems, for example).

Could you give me advices about which module (at this time July 2017) has as few bugs as possible ? I'm playing only SP.

I think about A10C but perhaps am wrong.

Thank you !:thumbup:

A-10C is one of the oldest, and hence also one of the most feature complete and bug free modules. So I guess it would fit the bill. Though it hasn't got the hottest flight performance ever, and with all the high tech it may feel more like operating a computer system than flying an aircraft. But this entirely depends on subjective tastes, and what you expect out of your module.

If you want an aircraft with similar age and performance with the MiG, Belsimtek's F-5E is also one of the most stable and well made modules in DCS currently, despite being relatively new. However, its systems are overall less complex than the MiG-21Bis, especially the navigation part.

If you are into helos, Ka-50, Mi-8 and UH-1 are all great as well, though the Huey's engine temperature limits aren't modeled. Belsimtek seems to be in process of implementing it however, and aside from that it is an excellent module.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00ED using Tapatalk

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

I enjoy Mig-21bis. It is the toughest module to master, and most difficult to land correctly, but is a very satisfying module.

IMHO, the most bug free modules are A-10C and KA-50.

As in real life , no module (like real aircraft) is free from defects and shortcomings. Part of the fun, and growwl, is to defeat the defects and make them your friends.

Those modules from my signature that have "released" status don't have any major bugs, so you should be pretty satisfied. Except Mirage 2000 - treat that one as beta.

You can find minor issues in each of them, but it more comes down to what kind of module you want, modern or vintage, A2A or A2G, fast or slow.

Of course that's in the stable 1.5.7 version. In the 2.1 alpha most modules have some issues.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Answers are all over the place and some are a bit over-ambitious. It depends on how you enjoy your sim flight time. I know you said SP, but there is more to it than that. Narrow down the type of airframe, then think about what you want to do with it (WW2, combat, free-flight, etc.).

For free flight aircraft, the L-39 is truly almost bug free. It also has some of the best DCS performance. There are no prop/rotor animations or advanced avionics that slow FPS. Remove the gun sight and you have the single best sight-seeing plane in DCS.

Good luck and enjoy,

Edited by JG14_Smil

Thanks a lot to all of you.

Well I'm fond of WWII warplanes but I don't have Normandy map or 2.0 version for now ; I feel it's a bit early for WWII in DCS and keep on Il2 1946 or Il2 Clodo with Team Fusion mod for this era.

In DCS, I love 1970's and modern machines. I think I like a bit more Soviet ones too. Perhaps it makes me think about my youngest flights in front of a PC (Flight of the Intruder by Microprose and Su27 by SSI...:))

All in all, that's why I had been attracted by the Mig21 bis module. I seemed to me that there was plenty of avionics to master but with a "flight feeling and clunky ergonomics" still there. A few years ago the A10C gave me the "flying a computer feeling" indeed. For the Ka50, I remembered giving up when it was about giving orders to wingmen and mastering the multiple autopilot modes.

About the bugs, I'm really ready to have avionics defaults modelised (as in mig15 or Mig 21 modules) but I will not give time to master them if it's because of a module bug and not "real".

I stick with 1.5.7. version for now.

I almost forgot to say that plenty of training missions and a campaign were a positive thing for me, as in the Mig21 module. The Mig15 disappointed me for this reason (no free campaign and training missions a bit scarce).

UH-1 and Mi-8 have pretty good campaigns available (both included & extra download), so I would suggest one of those. For F-5 there's only extra DLC campaign for NTTR, but it's the closest to MiG-21 complexity.

L-39 has the least content available, apart from sightseeing and training there's not much to do with that module. I think I've seen one campaign for it in the downloads section, but there's nothing from ED.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

The UH1 and Mi8 are "multi crew" (I don't speak about the long awaited spec) : are these modules still playable or enjoyable solo ?

At least with Ka50 or A10C I know that I should be able to "do all these things myself", whereas in multi crew crafts, I can still blame that I'm only one person :clown:

Both modules are playable and fun in solo. In fact, they have to be. Multicrew functionality is still in development for the Mi-8 and UH-1 as are some other features (like overheat engine damage for the Huey). I wouldn't say you're getting an absolutely complete product with any of these two. For the most part the aircraft themselves fly and work well, but some of the features "around" them are either not there yet (multicrew) or need some further development (sling-loading, troop transport, interactive checklists). I've spent more hours in the Hip than in any other module and I can honestly recommend it, but if you're not willing to wait for some last few features to be wrapped up, maybe try something else.

Give the Ka-50 another go perhaps? Since you already own it. There's plenty of content (missions, campaigns) and once you get to know it a little bit, the systems aren't THAT complex and automised... nothing like in the A-10C. Deep down it's still an 80s machine.

Thanks for your replies.

I tried some new flights in A10C : still the "computer feeling". I tried some new ones also in Ka50 and it's like I feel the machine a bit more :)

When there will be new sales, I think the Mi-8 will be mine !

The mi-8 would be a good choice , great to fly

and unlike the newer modules has a campaign included with it

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

The mi-8 would be a good choice , great to fly

and unlike the newer modules has a campaign included with it

How would you qualify the difficulty to fly the Mi8 compared to the Ka50 ? I still have problems to stay at one point even with auto hover when I am looking for enemies with Shkval, so I am afraid to have problems with Mi8

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

I don't own Ka-50, but by definition every heli with conventional layout (1 main rotor, 1 tail rotor) will be more difficult, as it requires constant, precise rudder operation in every phase of flight except cruise. Same applies to cyclic stick, because of all assymetric flows around conventional heli. Also, Mi-8 doesn't have any auto-hover equipment. However, if you use trim function a lot, and engage heading channel of the autopilot, you can get it to almost hands-off hover in it too, just requires some practice.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Harder than Ka-50, easier than UH-1. But also heavier and less agile, so you have to think ahead of the machine.

I own all the choppers , once you get used to it the mi-8 isn't so bad , its big so it is not a easy to throw arround as the others

You got pedals ?

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

The Huey is also fantastic, most of the bugs are gone in 1.5

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

I own all the choppers , once you get used to it the mi-8 isn't so bad , its big so it is not a easy to throw arround as the others

You got pedals ?

Yes I have the G940 system from Logitech, and the FFB works well with the trim of Ka50. So I hope it can be the same thing for the Mi8.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

A good choice Monsieur. That chopper is IMO the best modelled virtual AC in the whole sim & contrary to what some may claim, actually a pretty straightforward machine to start up and operate once you get used to its quirks. Happy flying!

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.