How do you see ground targets?

VZ_342

So I'm flying the SU-25A and coming into the target area (Kobuleti) I scan the ground for the three US AAA (M113 APC with a Vulcan mounted on it) I've placed in a triangle pattern around the airport.

Of course, I know their approximate locations, but as I'm diving or nearing them in level flight (500m agl) I am unable to find them. I have zoom on max and scanning like my life depends on it (which it does), but my Threat Warning always sounds, I start "jinking", visually follow the tracers back to...green ground...I can see the fuel trucks nearby, but those damnable little APC's I just cannot see!

Any tips or suggestions? Ive tried skirting the area, but I still have to get close and end up being shot down.

TIA

:pilotfly:

:helpsmilie:

try increasing the size of sprites. It is in one of the Options tab. I have it set in Medium, and I think it is still realistic.

i5-9600K@4.8GHz z390 Aorus Pro 32Gb DDR4 Asus TUF rtx3080 OC Reverb G2 V2 Warthog on Virpil base

Had the same problem and did all I could with the settings without much success. Finally I adjusted the settings on my monitor. I found a combination that worked. I can now find most ground objects. Manpads in a cluttered area are still impossible to see, but that would be true in RL too.