[NOBUG] Negative radar altitude

Flappie

2d006bdfae3e8ff476c95a0ac678b889.md.jpg

Seen on 1.5.7 : yesterday evening, I got a permanent collision alert (red light), and the plane kept telling me that my radar altitude was negative (see the HUD).

It happened right after I took off.

Could negative radar altitude be a bug, or was it all my fault ? I have to admit that I had my target's QFE configured before I took off. But is that a crime?

Here's the track. I noticed the issue at time 1730.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

It's been a little while since I flew the viggen last, but it looks to me like you are not using the radar altimeter, since the "höyd" switch is in the LD position rather than RHM.

So if your normal altimeter is showing a negative altitude, your hud would show the same.

It's been a little while since I flew the viggen last, but it looks to me like you are not using the radar altimeter, since the "höyd" switch is in the LD position rather than RHM.

So if your normal altimeter is showing a negative altitude, your hud would show the same.

It looks like you just set the reference altitude to 25 meters? Or am I wrong?

I'm still not comfortable with the Viggen instruments, so... I'm not sure of anything.

I've just tried to reproduce the situation, but I just couldn't. I managed to get the plane screaming "imminent ground collision" (red light), but this time, the altitude reference bar was below the artificial horizon in the HUD.

Let me rephrase my question: Is it possible that the altitude reference bar goes above the artificial horizon, as it does in the picture, even when the set parameters (QFE, etc.) are wrong?

@RagnarDa : if you mean that I pressed the reference button (which I didn't know of until 5 minutes ago), I don't think so, because I had no mapping for this function yesterday.

The reference altitude is also set when engaging the altitude hold, did you maybe use it? Also, was this a "fresh" start or did you previously land the airplane?

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't remember if this was a fresh start, and my track seems kinda broken. Still, I'm pretty sure that I used the altitude hold, yes.

I will try to reproduce this situation and note all of my actions. I'll keep you informed.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
Not seeing the viggen gets any love anymore when it comes to updates.

Wow.....

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Not seeing the viggen gets any love anymore when it comes to updates.

I think the more "finished" a module is, the more difficult it is to wipe out remaining bugs. Some can be killed quickly for sure, but some not.

It seams RagnarDa is doing some repairs from time to time, and this I like very much. Despite I have to admit that I would love to have repairs quicker (update cycles are too long IMHO), and would love to have more repairs at all.

The more I fly other modules, the more I feel the need for having the Viggen "really finished", in order to start diging really deep into the system, and get out of the system as much as possible.

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1