Radar modes and Rb 75

oblivion

Hello, can anyone explain to me what these modes do(A0,A1,A2) while employing the rb 75?

The manual states:

Locking and slewing the missiles seeker is done with radar control stick. The radar mode selector

(A0, A1, and A2) will select different contrast modes. The movement of the radar stick itself

is used to slew the missile once unlocked and slewable (fix trigger = T1)

A0: Black on white.

A1: White on black.

A2: Automatic selection.

However i dont see any difference in the contrast of the sight in any of these 3 modes.I can see the radar switch moving so its not a mapping issue.

I tried on 1,5 and 2.

Edited by oblivion

When employing the Rb75 the radar mode selector does not control the radar, but the Rb75 and the corresponding missile seeker sight to the right of the HUD. The contrast changes apply to that sight and not to the radar.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Hello and thank you for answering.

I understand it controls the sight.i might misguided you by writing scope.

Anyway, the thing is that the sight doesn't change at all when i switch modes.I am not sure about what to expect, but i believe that a noticeable change in the contrast of the sight is what that function does.

It might be a bug tho.

I ll post some screenshots when i get home.

Thanks again,

Chris

Hello and thank you for answering.

I understand it controls the sight.i might misguided you by writing scope.

Anyway, the thing is that the sight doesn't change at all when i switch modes.I am not sure about what to expect, but i believe that a noticeable change in the contrast of the sight is what that function does.

It might be a bug tho.

I ll post some screenshots when i get home.

Thanks again,

Chris

I haven't used the Rb75 much on the Viggen, so I can't quite remember if this is the case, but what it actually should do is that it changes the indication of what is hot, so that hot objects (like vehicles) are either black or white. At least that's what it doesn on the A-10.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Thanks for clearing this up.I ve been pulling my hair trying to find out what i was doing wrong.

I 've gone through many rb75 videos on youtube trying to find out if anyone uses these different modes but it seems like everyone is using the default one.

So not being implemented makes sense.

Edited by oblivion

Hmm, I was pretty sure I have successfully switched between these modes, but maybe my memory fails me as I only have used the Rb75 on one or two occassions. :dunno:

Tornado3 small.jpg