New Serial Number font - "stencil" style

jocko417

A while back I re-did the serial characters for the Spitfire, using a more accurate font. Finally got around to doing another set of serial number characters, this time a stencil style font like the large code letters. There were different styles, this is sort of a conglomeration of what I've seen in period photos.

I decided to do the entire alphabet for those who wish to make custom serials. In fact, certain letters (C, I, O, Q, U, Y) were never used, in order to avoid mistakes in identification.

vxAN2W.bmp

Spitfire MK772, coded Y2-P, of No. 442 Squadron, RCAF.

Haven't decided if I'll upload as a replacement set, or just include them in certain skins.

Excellent Jocko,I have often thought that the default font is a tad bit thin,I hope yours is a little thicker.

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

The example above is pretty accurate as far as the original standards for code letter and serials went, although there are plenty of period photos of non-standard markings!

The standard character dimensions were 8:5:1 where 8 is the height, 5 the width, and 1 the stroke width of each line used in making the characters. The gap between each character was to be 1 stroke width. The game isn't that accurate in placement, you end up with a slightly larger gap between the second and third characters if using the decals, but it's close enough ;)

The serial number on the Spit was (usually) 8 inches high, so each character would be 5 inches wide, with a stroke width of 1 inch. The larger code letters were (supposed) to be 24 inches high, so, using the same ratio, 15 inches wide, with a stroke width of 3 inches.

:thumbup:Great job Jocko, i cant remember how many times ive been looking through Font generators looking for something close. Ive usually had to do them by hand.

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE