Eight Ball's video copied?!

The Black Swan

I found this video on you tube which is an exact copy of Eight Balls "brother" video!

Is this guy a fraud or is this another one of Eight Ball's channels? Or a friend? I want to be wrong but I don't think I am....

Eight Balls original video

The copy

EDIT: fixed the links

Edited by The Black Swan

GeForce GTX 970, i5 4690K 3.5 GHz, 8 GB ram, Win 10, 1080p

Good spot!

In the comments someone already complained about this about a week ago, and the uploader responded he "got the stuff from a colleague" and "of course I'd mention you if I'd known your names" and apologizes. :doh:

Meanwhile, the description still reads "Another fresh vid of mine much fun wishes your $uploader, all links are here in the description" and then he links to his Facebook and Twitch profiles (actually the Twitch-link is the same as the Facebook-link). Highlighting by me.

WTF? Like it's Eight Ball's job to check YouTube for anyone who copies his stuff and kindly ask to be named as original content creator? Please, someone teach this kid how proper attribution works and that it's not okay to just publish someone else's content and pass it off as one's own (I'm guessing from his reaction he never bothered to ask Eight Ball or anyone else). :noexpression:

This is because Eightball's quality vídeos. Everything with high quality could be copied.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

His biggest problem is the background music!

Matt Corby - Brother

As he is likely living in Germany and not even credit the Song (Eight Ball did that btw) he is taking quite a risk to get in trouble with Universal records...

Just drop Universal Germany a link to the video and wait for the lawyers to send him an adhortatory letter? :dunno:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 32GB | GeForce RTX 2080S - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs | a hand made UFC | AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

eightballs should just add a short credit sequence to his videos.

don't be that low hanging fruit.

No, you misunderstood. Eight Ball did credit Matt Corby in the Infos. Absolutely ok.

The other guy, did not, what makes him an easy prey for german lawyers.

Here the first letter from the lawyer, requesting to stop the copyright infringement, can already cost you a considerable sum... :smilewink:

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 32GB | GeForce RTX 2080S - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs | a hand made UFC | AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

i wasn't replying to you.

if eightball uses the video itself for attribution instead of the description field, it makes it more work for someone to reupload and claim it as their own and that usually is enough to deter low-effort bums like this.

МИР

if eightball uses the video itself for attribution instead of the description field, it makes it more work for someone to reupload and claim it as their own and that usually is enough to deter low-effort bums like this.

Hmm yeah that's actually a pretty good idea.

GeForce GTX 970, i5 4690K 3.5 GHz, 8 GB ram, Win 10, 1080p

Yeah, but he would simply leave out the part with the attributions. His video is a wild mix of different other video snippets together with Eight Balls.

The idea was to point Universal to the guys unattributed use of the Song and solve the whole issue through the wrath of Universal... ;)

Shagrat