2.1.1.8244 and multi monitor

JG14_Smil

Im using nvidia surround and I can't see the GUI on the main menu. No idea what is causing it. Just updated and now I have no main menu. Im not using the UIMainView = Gui trick. I was just tolerating it being spread out, but now its all gone completely.

Edit: Well I found my problem. I run an extra monitor for MFD export for the A10C. Before this update I was able to run the following with my extra, 4th monitor, configured above the surround setup in windows in an inverted T.

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 1200;

width = 6020;

height = 1200;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 6020/1200;

This set the main Center DCS window to render at the x=0 and y=1200 location. However, using the above caused the GUI to not load and a strange zoomed out effect to happen on the main menu like I was looking at a much larger desktop. Switching the viewport to the below and moving my monitor below the main surround display in windows fixed the issue.

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 6020;

height = 1200;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 6020/1200;

My question is what changed to cause this to happen? Can we get the old way back? As it is now I have to have windows think the monitor is below when in reality that monitor is physically above my surround display. It was not this way prior to this patch and is not this way currently in 1.5.7.

Edited by M0ltar

Probably the most heart breaking update yet for me.

If this is done to 1.5 also, one of the coolest home simulators in the world becomes useless and I lose one of my favorite pastimes.

mkiii: Thats a good one :)

Edited by JG14_Smil

To get it to work, you can leave the code more or less as-is but you need to change x=0 and Width= to the width of your MAIN screens (if you have a monitor for mfd export, then you must not include that width). In my case this is 5760. or 3x1920.

If you have surround or similar, then it is that width you use, otherwise the gui will extend onto your MFD monitor, which looks awful.

M0ltar. That happened to me on the 1st run, but it cleared on the 2nd. Maybe you should try inserting the gui code, but with the edits I mentioned above.

To get it to work, you can leave the code more or less as-is but you need to change x=0 and Width= to the width of your MAIN screens (if you have a monitor for mfd export, then you must not include that width). In my case this is 5760. or 3x1920.

If you have surround or similar, then it is that width you use, otherwise the gui will extend onto your MFD monitor, which looks awful.

M0ltar. That happened to me on the 1st run, but it cleared on the 2nd. Maybe you should try inserting the gui code, but with the edits I mentioned above.

It seems to be mad about the monitor being on top. Ive changed my windows settings back to having the monitor on top and changed the viewport to this and now I am getting a completely black screen. My in game resolution is 6020x1200. Its normally set to 6020x2400 in order to get the top monitor to work for MFDs.

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 1200;

width = 6020;

height = 1200;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 6020/1200;

}

Any ideas?

Could you post your code? Looks like we got the same setup.

-

If man were meant to fly he'd be filled with helium.

Yep. They are gradually making it more difficult. I don't think they want to support multi-monitor use unless you use the default monitor settings.

I have my 4th monitor on the end to the right of the 3 main ones in Windows setup. In the real world, it is placed below the centre monitor. Don't think that you have to physically position it as it is in reality, placing it at the end means that it doesn't mess with the overall height.

For those that are not used to this type of setup:-

Make sure that ScaleGui = false in options.lua before you start, and while you are there, check that height = your maximum (IE 1080 - this is one reason why you don't want a 4th monitor on the bottom.) and Width = total width of all monitors including 4th/MFD monitor if it is on the end.

Coug4r: I am using this currently for 2.1 It spready the GUI across all 3 screens, but leaves the 4th one alone. Labels work, but I'm not happy because A: the gui is now huge, and B: radio calls & menus in 3d appear way off to the right hand corner - which is a pita with head tracking. Before this recent problem, I could at least still have those on the centre screen.

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('test7');

Description = '3 screens as 1 viewport plus small Monitor on Right but main screen clipped to smaller res'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 5760; -- note: width of main 3 screens = 5760 - not full width of 4 monitors. 4th (smaller 1280x800) used for mfds etc.

height = 1080; -- 3d world will only display in this area initial splashscreen however doesn't know about this setting.

viewDx = 0; -- Options.lua via the gui option settings uses 7040 as the screen width.

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 5.3333333333333;

}

}

LEFT_MFCD = -- OK Built-in

{

x = 5760;

y = 610;

width = 414;

height = 414;

}

RIGHT_MFCD = --OK Built-in also used for Mirage Radar, SU25T TV,

{

x = 6620;

y = 610;

width = 414;

height = 414;

}

--Other instrument stuff ommitted for clarity

GUI =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 5760;

height = 1080;

}

UIMainView = GUI

... but leaves the 4th one alone. Labels work, but I'm not happy because A: the gui is now huge, and B: radio calls & menus in 3d appear way off to the right hand corner - which is a pita with head tracking. Before this recent problem, I could at least still have those on the centre screen.

This is not meant at your post mkiii, it is meant about what we are losing. This is BS and if it stays this way, I can no longer fly with a simulator I spent thousands of hours and dollars on. If 1.5 ends up like this, I am finished. If I cannot have that GUI on my 1920x1080 center monitor, I cannot join MP.

ED: please don't screw me. Put it back the way it was.

Looks like as soon as "x > screen width" it just gives up on rendering the GUI.

I've simply changed my UIMainView to Viewports.Left instead of Viewports.Middle and can see the GUI on the left screen. My lua is below:

_  = function(p) return p; end;
name = _('1 Screen + Helios');
Description = 'Single viewport configuration with Helios Display offset to right side in Windows'
heliosDisplayWidth = 1920
monitorsInViewport = 3
viewportWidth = screen.width - heliosDisplayWidth;
viewportHeight = screen.height;
viewportAspect = viewportWidth / viewportHeight;
Viewports =
{
    Left = 
    {
         x = 0;
         y = 0;
         width = viewportWidth / monitorsInViewport;
         height = viewportHeight;
         viewDx = -1;
         viewDy = 0;
         aspect = viewportAspect / monitorsInViewport;
    },

Middle = 
    {
         x = viewportWidth / monitorsInViewport;
         y = 0;
         height = viewportHeight;
         viewDx = 0;
         viewDy = 0;
    },

Right = 
    {
         x = viewportWidth * 2 / monitorsInViewport;
         y = 0;
         height = viewportHeight;
         viewDx = 1;
         viewDy = 0;
    }
}

RIGHT_MFCD =
    {
         x = viewportWidth + 279;
         y = 0;
         width = 382;
         height = 382;
    }

UIMainView = Viewports.Left

i'm not able to use 2.1.1.8244 with multiple monitor in full screen, only a little stripe of the DCS desktop is displayed on the central monitor (3 monitor).

I can run DCS only with one monitor setting in full screen

if i revert to previous version it works fine

Looks like as soon as "x > screen width" it just gives up on rendering the GUI.

I've simply changed my UIMainView to Viewports.Left instead of Viewports.Middle and can see the GUI on the left screen. My lua is below:

_  = function(p) return p; end;
name = _('1 Screen + Helios');
Description = 'Single viewport configuration with Helios Display offset to right side in Windows'
heliosDisplayWidth = 1920
monitorsInViewport = 3
viewportWidth = screen.width - heliosDisplayWidth;
viewportHeight = screen.height;
viewportAspect = viewportWidth / viewportHeight;
Viewports =
{
    Left = 
    {
         x = 0;
         y = 0;
         height = viewportHeight;
         viewDx = -1;
         viewDy = 0;
    },

Middle = 
    {
         x = viewportWidth / monitorsInViewport;
         y = 0;
         height = viewportHeight;
         viewDx = 0;
         viewDy = 0;
    },

Right = 
    {
         x = viewportWidth * 2 / monitorsInViewport;
         y = 0;
         height = viewportHeight;
         viewDx = 1;
         viewDy = 0;
    }
}

RIGHT_MFCD =
    {
         x = viewportWidth + 279;
         y = 0;
         width = 382;
         height = 382;
    }

UIMainView = Viewports.Left

I got my GUI back using the below, but the GUI is stretched off the screen due to a monitor on the top above my main display. I have my DCS resolution set in the options to 6020x2400 to include the top monitor. This works fine in 1.5.7, but causes the GUI to go off the top of the screen in 2.1.

Viewports =

{

Middle =

{

x = 0;

y = 1200;

width = 6020;

height = 1200;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 6020/1200;

}

}

UIMainView = Viewports.Middle

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Edited by M0ltar

but something is changed because i have left monitor number 3 center monitor number one e main monitor and monitor 2 right monitor in DCS 1.5 and 2.1 until last upgrade i haven't any problems ... DCS desktop was displayed in the middle and right and left in the right position now i have to change the primary monitor why?

Hi im new on this forum its my first serious foray into flight sims.

I did the new upgrade for dcs 2.0 today and got the same problem as everyone else regarding multi screen setup.

Its taken me all day to sort out but it is now up and running, basically with nvidia 720 surround spanning, i have set in game settings to 1 screen, 5760x1080 and 5.33333333 and i now have a perfect picture across all three monitors.

I got my GUI back using the below, but the GUI is stretched off the screen due to a monitor on the top above my main display. I have my DCS resolution set in the options to 6020x2400 to include the top monitor. This works fine in 1.5.7, but causes the GUI to go off the top of the screen in 2.1.

Same here, the problem is that i use a right screen in vertical mode (for work no choice to change that, i also prefer it and want to be able to set it up the way i want).

So my total vertical resolution is higher than the game screen resolution 1920 vs 1080. I suppose it messes with GUI/map like with the monitor you have on top.

1.5.7 is fine, but 2.1.1 won't work, tried everything almost, changing GUI, viewports, even tried to set a 1080 heigh is options.lua but the game stick to a mess in F10 map.

No need to say i was planning to enjoy a bit my summer with a few 2.1 flights, not lurking internet 2 months trying to fix a sad update. That makes me a little angry ;)

P.S. Don't take me wrong, you're ED guys are working great and i was really amazed by the changes introduced with 2.1. But i could have waited 2 month more for it, and be able to fly with my squad on NTTR during holidays, it would have been pleasant as well ^^

Edited by NOiD

Check my post, it solved all the MFCD's problems & screen setups

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=60815&page=89

| i9 9900K Octa Core 2TB SSD +32GB Spectrix DDR4 @3200MHz RGB | 2 x Radeon RX480 in Crossfire. | TrackIR5 HOTAS Warthog,MFG Crosswind Pedals | Cougar MFDs |

[OCG] Oceanic Combat Group

discord.gg/ZmXEBSU

"Through The Inferno"

by deadlyfishes

Official Australian Servers

SRS: All Servers have Auto-Connect Enabled

Server 1: TTI Caucasus

Server 2: TTI Persian Gulf

Server 3: OCG Training

Server 4: OCG NTTR & Multiplayer Missions

Australian Website

AU Discord Server

Check my post, it solved all the MFCD's problems & screen setups

Not helping for my problem :(

I'm trying to achieve this, wich works just fine without any mod or app on 1.5.7 :

56241620170730081448.jpg

No matter what i do, this causes the label bug on the F10 map on 2.1. (i cant change left screen orientation cause i mainly use it for work, and don't want to have to painly switch between graphics settings, turning the screen ... etc .. when i want to play. I already have to deploy desk extension and hotas ... and as i said i kinda like this setup :-p)

Edited by NOiD

One thing that does seem to be causing problems for some people is that they arrange their screens in the windows setup as they appear in real life.

My advice, if you have screens above or below - don't arrange them on your Windows desktop like that. Put them all in a row. Generally, your 1 2 or 3 screens that you designate as Left Right or Centre for your 3d output go to the left, and your MFD export screens sit at the right. EG. 3x1920 monitors using surround are at the left, and the dimensions for those go in your Center={} part.

Then Your GUI={} part uses those dimensions (until we get a fix - or things put back the way they were) with x=0 to force the GUI to start at the left edge and width set in the above case to 5760.

In DCS, you just make screen width = total of your main screen + any extra monitors. In my example, I have 1 extra screen that is 1280x1024, so this width = 7040 If you don't do this it won't display your MFDs

Also, note that you dont use full screen when exporting instruments. If you do, then you will find that they appear on the main screen, and the 3d view is squashed to make room. (I'm not sure if it was always this way).

If you don't use a modified 1 screen solution, and prefer the 3Screen method, things still work pretty much the same except that your 3d view is made up of a left centre and right screen + MFDs rather than just a Centre screen + mfds.

Your MFD exports will be starting at x=5760 and not interfere with the GUI.

@JG14 NP. I agree. Things are changed even though they were reported to cause problems quite a while ago in the Alpha. Whatever they did (and most annoyingly also changed in 1.5.7 - which is supposed to be STABLE) they should undo it right now. I'm royally fed up with a 4 foot wide GUI just to get the thing working properly, or at least let us know what is going on, and HOW we should be setting things up.

However, I'm about to get a Rift... So I can soon embark on a whole new world of pain trying to get that to work in DCS ;)

Edited by mkiii

don't arrange them on your Windows desktop like that. Put them all in a row. Generally, your 1 2 or 3 screens that you designate as Left Right or Centre for your 3d output go to the left, and your MFD export screens sit at the right

Thanks for trying to help ;) But i was already set up like this, MFD screen is on the left IRL but windows thinks it's on the right side. Had to do this a while ago to solve a older bug/faulty update.

MFD and GUI works well on 1.5.7 and 2.1.1 for me, the problem is the map & labels.

So this solution too don't work for my problem. (Wich is my MFDscreen vertical resolution of 1920, more than the 1080 of the game 3D screen. The game won't let this MFDscreen alone, it keeps including it in the map renderspace, .. and the map will break).

(if i try to limit max vertical resolution at 1080, the MFD screen is partly black as intended (only 1080 on 1920 pixels verticaly), but the map is worse, label's aren't good either, and the map is stretched like with a bad ratio ...)

Edited by NOiD

Off topic - just FYI.

Don't know for the rift but i tested a HTC 2 weeks ago, not so hard to setup and runs very smooth on both DCS :D (so cool i'm thinking about trading MFD screens for this too, but resolution is pretty bad, you don't see TGP so well and pixels are quite visible, doesn't compare to image quality on my 1080p, not even mentionning those with 1440p or 4K ... , anyway the effect is awesome ^^ flying is incredibly instinctive) But currently it has the map problem on 2.1 :-p

Edited by NOiD

Latest release seems to have killed the following code:

Gui =

{

x = 1080;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1080;

}

UIMainView = Gui

My multi monitor setup is un-flyable now in the NTTR.

Did you try

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

This used to put the main UI in the center monitor.

Or maybe you need Viewports.GUI

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1