Thanks So Much

Yes, thanks Bunyap, Wags et al! Looking forward to this campaign :)

Well, I rarely ask this kind of question, but can we expect more campaigns from the "dream team" in the future?

• Like 2

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Hello,

Agree 100 % .I've flown 3 missions so far, and only have one death and a dead stick behind the lines so far( beware of FLAK flying low over enemy territory!) Very well done and very immersive. I had to turn down preload radius some because of lag, but that's to be expected, alpha after all.

Again Thank you all

• Like 1

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just picked this one up myself, really looking forward to it!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• 1 month later...

Just started this campaign after having my sim rig down for four months...

The amount of homework done for this campaign is insane. Absolutely top notch stuff, reminds me what brought me to DCS to begin with.

Thanks, gents. I finished Mission 1 and can't wait to get to the rest of it. Probably re-fly a few missions because there's a lot going on and it really feels like the first time I was at home in the Spit, doing what it was meant to do. The armed recon mission is a lot of fun, just skimming around hunting things.

Good to be back the Spitfire, that's for certain...living in Canada now versus Texas really brings in some authenticity. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Zilch79's YouTube Channel:

• 3 months later...

I just bought this on sale for 5 bucks and it was worth every penny! I just finished mission 3. The campaign is very immersive, and here's what I love about it:

- Performance is surprisingly good!

- I can tell that an enormous amount of work went into research, so that the missions reflect a historically accurate situation.

- Briefings are very well prepared too, hats off.

- I love the custom radio calls, they add to the feeling of being there.

- Most of all, I love the fact that this is not a "take off shoot down 8 109s on one mission so that you get your medal" kind of campaign, but rather a "you're a tiny part of something massive, try to follow the plan and survive, and perhaps, as a bonus, make a tiny difference" kind. Landing after a long mission, having destroyed one or two trucks feels like a huge achievement!

Thank you for this Bunyap!

PS: If only ED made flak a bit more historically accurate (i.e. less of a massive sniper guns), but that's not the campaign's fault.

Edited by Reflected
  • Like 1

Seconded. This and Charnwood aren't getting the amazing press they deserve, unless I've missed it (which is very possible.)

These are what DCS is all about and they really showcase what's possible within the digital sandbox we play in, with all the inventiveness and research done here. Epsom and Charnwood are top grade products and are an absolute must for any fans of WWII aviation. I'm probably going to replay them both once I finish them. There is so much going on that you can experience the battle from as many perspectives as you like in each mission.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Zilch79's YouTube Channel:

• 6 months later...

So excellent!

I wish to add my thanks and congratulations to Bunyap and Wags on both this and the Charnwood campaigns. The depth of research, documentation, and successful attempt to provide the player with a rich atmosphere and sense of realism, have been excellent. The designers of future DCS campaigns will be challenged to rise to your level.

I deeply appreciate the modelling of actual situations and missions, and tying the air missions to the ground battle, which gives so much more motivation to the 'pilot' player. A dear friend of mine, recently deceased, was present on the battlefield throughout the operations modelled in both of these campaigns as a member of the 3rd Cnd Div, and I've done a lot of research on the ground battles, spurred on by hearing his personal accounts. I feel that you have done justice to this intense and terrible battleground with your excellent work.

You deserve the enthusiastic support of community for these and future projects.

Edited by fencible

• 1 year later...

bit late to the party but I am LOVING this campaign. I picked it up with the P-51 Charnwood in the sale and planning to play that one next.

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

• 4 years later...