Too much window tint after 2.1.1.8244 Update 1

Azazel

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sin.

I´m mad trying to remove the reflections on the A-10C canopy. i was trying everything but i´m not able to make a transparent canopy for the A-10C.

Looking at your modified files you have a natural talent to find and edit those. Would yo be so kind to try it and make a transparent canopy without reflections for the A-10C?

If you are able also to remove the yellow tint on the front canopy sides i will send you a box full of spanish beer.

Thanks ¡¡

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Esac_mirmidon

I do not have A-10C: (((

Win7x64 Ultimate / i5-4670K 4.0GHz | 8Гб DDR3 | nVidia MSI GTX760 2Гб | MMJoy2-Cobra M5+РУД Afterburner+pedals BRD-MS1 | EDTracker&Hatire Arduino Tracker(GY-85)

I will most certainly not find examples of tinted ReVis no matter how hard I look. ED is trying to conceal deferred shading limitations concerning HUDs and glass in general. And it's not very elegant tbh. Hopefully a clever coding guy fixes this problem once and for all in the future.

Cougar, CH and Saitek PnP hall sensor kits + shift registers: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4y-diy-joystick-flight-simming

And it's not very elegant tbh.

I agree. I expected to see a fix with this last update. Not everyone has time and dedication to be looking for fixes, and even some veterans are having problems with it.

Is there any official word regarding the problem somewhere else?

-- Win10 Pro, Philips 298P4QJEB (2560X1080), i5-9600K, Zalman 9900NT, GA-Z390 UD, GTX 1060 GamingX 6GB, 16GB 3200Mhz CL16, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB, Corsair AX-750W, Carbide 300R, G940, TrackIR 5 --

ED is not concealing anything.

If you dont like the tinted glass is very easy to replace it with a transparene one. Is only a question of colours in the texture files.

You hace examples here for the P-51 or the BF-109.

Is not a fix, is a mod, like a liverie or a skin.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Is not a fix, is a mod, like a liverie or a skin.

I don't see that way. DCS created an 'official mod' with tinted glass for whatever reason (might be a internal bug) and now we have to create a countermod to fly the real thing. It makes no sense. Unless they don't have time to fix it now, but whenever we have a release version it should not come with a tinted mod version of the real thing.

Dang, it is not historical and it impairs visibility. How come that should be an official version? And in all modules? It is not even a version. Let's say Preddy had a custom made tinted glass on his P-51 (hypothetically) and DCS releases a "Preddy version". Fine, people can even buy it and help the cause, but not in all modules.

It is a matter of good sense.

-- Win10 Pro, Philips 298P4QJEB (2560X1080), i5-9600K, Zalman 9900NT, GA-Z390 UD, GTX 1060 GamingX 6GB, 16GB 3200Mhz CL16, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB, Corsair AX-750W, Carbide 300R, G940, TrackIR 5 --

Why is so hard to understand?

ED is testing tinted glass canopies in different aircrafts trying to replicate armoured glass in warbirds and tinted ones in the A-10 or the Su-27.

This is not a bug, nothing is broken on the Game. Is only an option ED is exploring according REAL examples.

If any dont like It is only a question of different colours in a texture file. Is like using a cockpit mod instead the default one. Nobody says the A-10 default cockpit is a bug when using Ricardo's HD cockpit mod.

Is an option.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Why is so hard to understand?

Is an option.

Visibility of targets is already a problem without tinted glass. So for me iit's hard to understand why we aggravate the problem by "tinting" the glass, i.e. making it more opaque. A small truck or flak emplacement is just a camouflaged flyspeck until you are so close that it's too late to change course.

It's fine that they are testing "tints" internally; but when the result is obviously counterproductive there is no need for the community to confirm that it's bad.

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I like It so... I will keep It.

If you dont like It mod It. There are very talented modders here.

And Alpha versión is ALSO for testing things.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't think you understand the real problem here. I have been using my own version of cleaned up windows for all aircraft I fly for years. A 5 min Photoshop action of adjusting alpha layers in a dds is no witchcraft and certainly doesn't take much skill.

Deferred shading however only has additive lights and unless depth peeling or similar is implemented glass will make everything brighter instead of darker as it does in reality. A fix of this needs a shader update. Working around the problem is making the glass unrealistically dark. Obviously this is not an elegant solution and not a fix and most certainly wasn't done for realism.

If you don't like realism, then that's your choice.

Cougar, CH and Saitek PnP hall sensor kits + shift registers: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4y-diy-joystick-flight-simming

Yes, you are right. I dont understand the problem and i dont like realism. Thanks for helping me to discover myself.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 months later...

I can't get cleared windshield of Spitfire After 1.5.8 beta:((( Green tint is terrible !!!

-----------------

I found!!! I removed a green tint from a windshield! :D

Edited by huligan

win10 21H2 | i5-4670K 4.5GHz | 16Гб DDR3 | MSI RTX2080ti Ventus OC 11G | РУС vkb Gladiator Pro+РУД vkb Gametrix ECS+Пендали BRD-MS1 | Pico4 VR | | https://vk.com/paraplan_mkp

• 2 weeks later...
DCS 2.2.0 not working too :(

Yes, it's a mess! Very difficult to get a good aim as the combined tint of the windshield and the REVI reduce the visibility and contrast of the target.

I wish somebody told me how to fix this. I Have Photoshop CC with the NVIDIA plug-in for .dds files. But I don't know which of the files has to be changed and I do not understand how to interpret what I see in PS.

So for the time being, I will fly WWII aircraft only in the released 1.5. What a pity!

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Clean windstock

I fixed it for Spitfire,Mustang and bf109

unzip in game folder (DCS World 2 OpenAlpha and DCS World OpenBeta)

Edited by huligan
  • Like 1

win10 21H2 | i5-4670K 4.5GHz | 16Гб DDR3 | MSI RTX2080ti Ventus OC 11G | РУС vkb Gladiator Pro+РУД vkb Gametrix ECS+Пендали BRD-MS1 | Pico4 VR | | https://vk.com/paraplan_mkp

Clean windstock

I fixed it for Spitfire,Mustang and bf109

unzip in game folder (DCS World 2 OpenAlpha and DCS World OpenBeta)

Spocibo Huligan! I tried your Bf109 mod in 2.2 Open Beta and the view is clear again. So I have retired Pato's cockpit mod. Pato's Revi mod fortunately works with your mod, so I keep that.

Do you plan to make a mod for the FW-90?

I wish I understood how to do this myself...

Thanks again,

Hans

LeCuvier