Campaign screenshots

Very cool! FYI, I just added the full serial numbers for all aircraft so you will be able to get the right effect with the custom skins as you mentioned elsewhere. That should come along with the first update whenever that happens to be.

Nice:) Excellent and immersive campaign. Hope that the effect team will do the 88 puffs before long. Kinda hard to know if you are being shot at:)

If I were to suggest a small tweak, a few more ships would be helpful to represent the invasion fleet. Not to the point where it kills performance off course.

• ED Team

Thanks! We have some great improvements in the pipe too (the specific campaign and the game in general).

We also plan to add the ability to replay any completed campaign mission, so you can play the same mission again with the upcoming improvements.

Nice:) Excellent and immersive campaign. Hope that the effect team will do the 88 puffs before long. Kinda hard to know if you are being shot at:)

If I were to suggest a small tweak, a few more ships would be helpful to represent the invasion fleet. Not to the point where it kills performance off course.

Thanks a lot and we totally agree on the 88's. This is going to have a very different feel when they get that squared away.

We are going to try to work more shipping in but as you say, it all comes down to performance. We are going to do our best to make it look like the photo below for July/August missions and of course it would be great to add Mulberry-B at Arromanches as well.

One thing I'm very proud of is that no aspect of these missions is based on guesswork. We used contemporary records and photos for absolutely everything.

qZyp8j7.jpg

Edited by Bunyap

You have all reason to be proud. The campaign is great. Just finished mission 8. Unfortunately, some missions are still close to unplayable on my mid- range rig (FPS down in the 1X range). Will await performance boosts in patches- or potentially do a hardware update.

bJfTFDB.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here are a couple more from playing around in mission 12, my favorite one in terms of how it looks visually. We just finished more tweaks to the missions that should improve performance quite a bit, particularly on mission 12, and we hope to have them included in an update soon.

BdvJ1UY.png

Tx1eRAF.png

There were also some small changes to the enemy AI that will make them a bit more quick to respond if attacked. It should still be possible to sneak up unobserved from the sun or their low six but it will be a little less of a sure thing now.

PQtkvYG.png

We have also started work on a follow-on campaign for the P-51 that will provide an opportunity to carry out a greater variety of air to ground missions with bombs or rockets. More to come soon, but these have been a lot of fun to fly so far.

ats9N28.png

mfwOiMO.png

9wiTrJh.png

2gjx87W.png

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

That was without a doubt the best execution of a WWII mission I have ever seen. Your assessment of the situation and decision making around Vire should be required viewing for anybody who wants to survive the missions. Thanks so much for this!

Hey, you even caught on that this was a mission Johnnie Johnson led. :)

:blush:

Aw shucks, Bunyap, you're too kind...

Great campaign chum; looking forward to seeing the Spitty bomb loadouts enabled when available, asset pack expansions making their way into this campaign (Tiffie, Bf109G & Fw190A in particular) and just more Spitfire campaigns in general! Keep up the exemplary work.