Civilian planes

Neon

Although I have had this mod installed and working previously. I have noticed that.....

11/10/2019

Aircraft invisible. If I turn on labels, they show as 747 or whatever.

However they don't show on screen or map.

Playing Open Beta, not sure how to get version number. Was updated in last couple of days.

Wait, I found version number 2.5.5. 39003 (that's the game)

version number 0.80 (that's the MOD)

Edited by pocketedition
additional info

I have had problems with the texture on nav lights on the civilian aircraft gone missing and also the Scimitar mod going totaly invisible. In both cases the solution was simply deleting the mod in the mod folder and unzipping it to it again. A very bizzare solution but it worked, I dont know why.

Skickat från min D5503 via Tapatalk

Civil aircraft not showing

I'm sure that some while ago there was a version of this mod that worked.

I cannot get the images on screen or in mission editor. I see the heat-blur from engines, hear noise. Even a label. Sadly that's all I get for now.

In the short term I have found some stress relief.

I found a solution (guaranteed) a Problem solver button.

This is strange .. for me the previous 0.8 version is working just fine:

NHZkDJH.jpg

UwuIFN9.jpg

I dont want to update the Mod without a good reason ... can you please tell us which changes does this new version introduce?

Thanks a lot for such a wonderful Mod ... I still hope you will be able to add older jets to it, like the DC-8 or the B-707 ... or soviet ones, like the Tu-104 or the Il-62 :)

Cheers

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Boeing 747 UNITED Airlines _ Star Wars.. Rise Of Skywalker

Hi Guys

To commemorate the upcoming release of Star Wars Rise Of Skywalker on December 19th 2019[u.K],

I have created this Promo skin for Boeing 747 UNITED Airlines.

Although this is a fantasy skin UNITED are actually going to deck out one of their B737 aircraft in a livery also to promote the release of the film.

XdHp63d.jpg

Cdg5Sq2.jpg

QoTafgA.jpg

A94671O.jpg

DOWNLOAD https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3306980/

• 4 weeks later...
Somebody make an Ed Force One skin PLEASE!!! :-D

?? the latest version of CAM, already has an AF One skin:

Bllz2Jn.jpg

:)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

?? the latest version of CAM, already has an AF One skin:

Bllz2Jn.jpg

:)

Was not a spelling mistake.

Air Force One is boring. Nah, just kidding.

Google Ed Force One.

You're Chilean right?

You had a visit from it last October.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Google Ed Force One.

You're Chilean right?

You had a visit from it last October.

OK, sorry for the confusion .. metal music isnt really my thing :)

... anyway, the ED Force One is already amongst the skins available for CAM:

yrkiCJl.jpg

Thanks for sharing .. I hope one day to be able to learn how to edit liveries, its an amazing skill :)

Thanks for sharing .. I hope one day to be able to learn how to edit liveries, its an amazing skill :)

Hi Rudel_chw

Thanks Mate.

Download Gimp which is free and watch some tutorials on the basics of how to use it,which is what I did

and you will find that its not as daunting as it first looks

just have a go at making a skin with a blank Template and see how it goes you will be surprised how rewarding it is to create your own skins,

its very similar making a plastic aircraft kit in the sense that you have a blank skin that

you paint and add decals to but with the added bonus of no mess and easier to correct errors.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I would *love* to use this mod, but unfortunately having trouble. I've copied the "Civil Aircraft Mod" to both the "DCS World\Mods\aircraft" and the "C:\Users\Username\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\aircraft" folders (the former alone first, then both), but don't seem to have anything.

There are no new AI aircraft in the mission editor available, as far as I can tell. Any ideas? Thanks!

Any ideas? Thanks!

The mod goes only on the saved games path, don’t put it on program files. Also, substitute "username" with your actual windows user name.

Hello, I would *love* to use this mod, but unfortunately having trouble. I've copied the "Civil Aircraft Mod" to both the "DCS World\Mods\aircraft" and the "C:\Users\Username\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\aircraft" folders (the former alone first, then both), but don't seem to have anything.

There are no new AI aircraft in the mission editor available, as far as I can tell. Any ideas? Thanks!

Same here... Tryed copying files in every possible path and nothing happens..

Spanish Ala12rv Pilot 

Nevada TTR // Persian Gulf // Syria // South Atlantic

T.35C Tamiz // C-101 Mirlo // F-5E Tiger // FA-18C Hornet // Mirage F1 // EF2K!!! // F-14B Tomcat // F-16C Viper

MSI.Z690 // i9-12900F 5.1GHz // RTX3090 24GB // DDR5 5600Mhz 64GB

QuestPro // Hotas.Warthog // MFG.Crosswind // WW.Panels // TK.ICP // MFD.Cougar // Jetseat

Same here... Tryed copying files in every possible path and nothing happens..

Strange, it works fine on my DCS (openbeta):

8CkqqR5.jpg

and I have the Mod installed on this path:

b5VJeKW.jpg

Check your paths.

Double and tripple checked.. and nothing..

Are you guys using v0.80 or v0.81??

Spanish Ala12rv Pilot 

Nevada TTR // Persian Gulf // Syria // South Atlantic

T.35C Tamiz // C-101 Mirlo // F-5E Tiger // FA-18C Hornet // Mirage F1 // EF2K!!! // F-14B Tomcat // F-16C Viper

MSI.Z690 // i9-12900F 5.1GHz // RTX3090 24GB // DDR5 5600Mhz 64GB

QuestPro // Hotas.Warthog // MFG.Crosswind // WW.Panels // TK.ICP // MFD.Cougar // Jetseat

Double and tripple checked.. and nothing..

Are you guys using v0.80 or v0.81??

Just upgraded to 0.81 .. the above shot is from that version.

I'm using 0.81. I tried deleting the one in the main DCS folder (just leaving the one in my "Saved Games" folder -- and yes, "Username" is replaced with my actual one). When I restarted DCS, it hung on the splash screen while loading. I left it alone for at least 5 minutes before doing "End Task." When I tried starting again, it got to the main menu fast (the normal amount of time), but no sign of these civilian planes in the mission editor.

By killing DCS when it hangs, am I stopping it from properly loading the mod, and then when I restart it acts as though it's already been loaded? Seems like mysterious behavior. I was watching in the TAsk Manager during the hang that for DCS about 3% CPU was used and memory very slowly ticked up from abou 1.008 GB to about 1.025 GB over that time.

Curious if any clues helped. Do I need to do anything special in DCS after copying the folder to get the planes to show up?

I'm using 0.81. I tried deleting the one in the main DCS folder (just leaving the one in my "Saved Games" folder -- and yes, "Username" is replaced with my actual one). When I restarted DCS, it hung on the splash screen while loading. I left it alone for at least 5 minutes before doing "End Task." When I tried starting again, it got to the main menu fast (the normal amount of time), but no sign of these civilian planes in the mission editor.

By killing DCS when it hangs, am I stopping it from properly loading the mod, and then when I restart it acts as though it's already been loaded? Seems like mysterious behavior. I was watching in the TAsk Manager during the hang that for DCS about 3% CPU was used and memory very slowly ticked up from abou 1.008 GB to about 1.025 GB over that time.

Curious if any clues helped. Do I need to do anything special in DCS after copying the folder to get the planes to show up?

You don't see it on the "Main Screen", (to set it as wallpaper etc.), or in "Instant Action " by chance?

I don't belive DCS works that way by "partially" loading or "preloading" mods.

I have from time to time, not this one, had issues with some mods. An easy repair with Scate Zillas excellent app, usually fix this.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk