Civilian planes

Neon

I had some time today to fix the Cessna 210N's performance.

It was (poorly) modeled as a turboprop -- even with my previous fixes it wasn't performing anywhere near where it should be (seemed about 40%-50% underpowered).

I've fixed it to be a proper internal-combustion-driven propeller plane, heavily borrowing/stealing both engine & aero performance parameters from the CEII (which itself borrowed/stole heavily from the Yak-52) and the Yak-52.

The Cessna 210N performs much better now, hitting a lot of real-world numbers, and includes a turbosupercharger boost as it should. Most performance numbers from either the Cessna 210 Wikipedia page or manufacturer spec sheets (e.g. engine, propeller).

Known issue: Climb rate is still too high (over 3000 ft/min!) -- doesn't seem to be a quick/easy parameter to fix that.

Enjoy!

Cessna_210N.lua

Edited by HawaiianRyan
Changed manifold pressure to match real-world numbers
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
On 5/28/2021 at 10:20 PM, Morpheus said:

Been trying to get here to check for updates over the course of the past 12h or so, and it's a dead site for me?  Anyone else?

System

Monitor: RoG SWIFT PG349Q | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme | CPU: Intel Core i7-3970X | RAM: 16GB Corsair CMT8GX3M2B2133C9 | GPU: RoG STRIX GeForce 1080Ti | SSD: Crucial MX500 500GB | HDD: 2x 1TB WD 10k Velociraptor (RAID0)

Modules

DCS World: | BS2 | A10C | CA | UH1 | Mi8 | FC3 | HT1 | L39 | SA342 | F5E | M2K | NTTR | AJS37 | AV8B | F18 | PG | C101 | F16 | SC | A4E | MB339 | Falcon 4: BMS | FSX:SE

The site is still working...

Is there any flyable civilian aircraft in this collection?

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

11 minutes ago, Shogoun said:

As far as I am concerned, the Airbus A330 is not recognized on the Syria and Marianas map, it is impossible to park in cold or land an AI at an international airport

During my recent "photoshoot", I've seen a dozen AI A330 landing at Guam Intl, Saipan and Tinian without a hitch.

• Like 1

Dima | My DCS uploads

Hey guys.

In case someone is creating, or going to create, any Mariana liveries, I'm currently making a whole bunch of them.

The pack will cover nearly all civilian airlines that can be spotted on Guam, Saipan, Tinian etc.

- Air Busan (A320)

- Air Seoul (A320)

- Asiana Airlines (A320, A330)

- China Airlines (A330)

- Jeju Air (B737)

- Jin Air (B737)

- Korean Air (A330)

- Skymark (B737)

- T'way Air (B737)

- Asia Pacific (already published, will be merged)

- Japan Airlines (already published, will be merged)

The pack will be released as a single download.
ETA: hopefully in early August.

Also, for the past week I've been working on a new clean template for the A320. Just to see how far I can push this model in terms of quality. As it turned out, pretty far 🙂 

Once finished, I'll upload it as a clean livery with layered PSD included.

hYQwYpn.jpeg

9kfntIJ.jpeg

Spoiler

c9g6s9u.jpeg

K4GdC2p.jpeg

WTZlyxx.jpeg

FEAcVCE.jpeg

ABGf3nQ.jpeg

vRbORHM.jpeg

Na1tAHW.jpeg

9Dlj4xU.jpeg

YeEuOk0.jpeg

YePRsHp.jpeg

Edited by Minsky
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 5

Dima | My DCS uploads

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Minsky said:

Ah, I see. You're probably using the modified LUA files.

Open {CAM FOLDER}\A_330.lua
Change wing_span to 56.4
Then change length to 54.1

Screenshot - Sun 25 Jul , 11_41_49.jpg

"You're probably using the modified LUA files". Yes, many thanks

Hi.

Another Japanese famous airline All Nippon Airways (ANA / NH) operated scheduled flights to Guam in 1990s , and often operates charter flights also to Saipan.

I draw its current "Triton Blue" liveries for Civil Aircraft Mod's A320 / B737 / B747.

I've uploaded the skinpack 7zip file to the User Files area.

Please wait ED site staff's review.

Download / Detail page is here --- https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3317703/

20210727DCS_cam_3xANA.jpg

Edited by western_JPN
User Files' download is made available
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Modules: A-10C/II, F-5E, F-14A/B, F-15E, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, FC3, Ka-50-2/3, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, SA342, Mi-24P, AH-64D, P-51D
Maps: Nevada, PG, Syria, SA, Sinai, Channel, Normandy2.0      Assets etc.: CA, Sc, WW2AP
Mods and Skins in User Files: files/filter/user-is-western0221/ 

Screen_221018_005618c.jpg

46 minutes ago, Urbi said:

Two liveries Fedex and fix starting problem.

Hello, Urbi.

Great addition !!

Have you prepared a template for DC-10 ?

By the way, the fuselage bottom area of this FedEx color scheme maybe painted in gray , instead of polished metal.

And "Express" lettering position is also under "Ex" about starboard side (not mirrored position of port side).

Modules: A-10C/II, F-5E, F-14A/B, F-15E, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, FC3, Ka-50-2/3, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, SA342, Mi-24P, AH-64D, P-51D
Maps: Nevada, PG, Syria, SA, Sinai, Channel, Normandy2.0      Assets etc.: CA, Sc, WW2AP

21 hours ago, Urbi said:

Two liveries Fedex and fix starting problem. Unzip zip in Saved Games \ DCS.openbeta \ Mods and overwrite when prompted.

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.07.31 - 08.05.28.74.jpg

download :https://www.dropbox.com/s/ziono9f3ebmcxsb/Aircraft.zip?dl=0

I have no idea how the error came about. Textures and roughmet changed.

Hello, please modify your A330.LUA file as MINSKY recommends, this causes a bug on Marianas. Thanks again

43 minutes ago, Urbi said:

Yes, it might be a bug in the map. Or maybe not. The A-380 should then not fit anywhere. I looked at all wing_span values the B-747 and the A-380 have 56.4 only the A-330 has 60.3. The values are not the real values, they are higher for the A-330 and the A-380. I'm going to change the value of the A-330. On the other hand, one also has to consider whether the airfields actually allow such large planes. If you look at the models all side by side you can see that the fault lies with the mod manufacturer. The models were unintentionally converted into the edm format (always individually), so that a difference in scale was not noticed. The B-737 is too big and the A-330 too small compared to the B-757. Orientation is always good when you compare the window fronts with one another.

Change in the same link

Indeed your question on the possible access to certain airports of planes like the A380 and A330 deserves reflection, again thank you for the job which you carried out.

After research

https://cnmiports.com/spnapt.asp

Edited by Shogoun
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Urbi said:

The models were unintentionally converted into the edm format (always individually), so that a difference in scale was not noticed. The B-737 is too big and the A-330 too small compared to the B-757.

Ummm .....

Measuring the diameters of each CAM models' fuselages is hard for us ..... but measuring each lengths and wingspans maybe easier than it on Mission Editor screen.

Its bottom left corner has the meter scale with numbers like  |--- 30m ---|  , or we can compare CAM models with stock 3d models built by Eagle Dynamics.

I'll try it.

And another side --- not few Jet liners have size variations stretched or shorten (sometimes wings are extended).

Different subtypes often give us different looking or feelings.

In my looking, CAM's modelized variants are here.

A330 ... -300 (longer variant)

B727 ... -100 (short variant)

B737 ... -800 (longer variant in whole 737 family, but the majority one in Next Generation and also not longest ver.)

B757 ... -300 (longer variant , only 55 built)

I try to compare CAM models with stock 3d models built by Eagle Dynamics on Mission Editor screen.

I find this model might have scaling error in edm converting.

- Boeing 747 .... too small

Perhaps this model was mistaken researched in original 3d modeling, instead of edm converting.

- DC-10 .... too longer (and maybe too bigger diameter of fuselage)

We can find many confusing about DC-10 blueprints published. Historical DC-10 -30/40 have extended wingtips with outer slats, but other parts / sizes / positions are same from -10 model.

Some blueprints are drawn in -30's wingspan but -10's aileron separation lines.

Some other blueprints are drawn in -10's wingspan with -30's aileron separation lines.

Main gears' positions or Left/Right engines' positions are also sometimes confused in drawing.

So, the original 3d model has been mixed made -10 parts and -30 parts with -10's wingspan.

In scaling the model into DCS's standard as -30 model about wingspan .... the length becomes too longer.

Other Airbus and Boeing jets look almost OK. Nice scaled between 98 - 102 % in DCS , and L / W ratios are correct.

I'll post ME screenshots if needed.

22 minutes ago, western_JPN said:

Other Airbus and Boeing jets look almost OK...

If I can't really notice the size difference by eye when a civil aircraft is besides me in the Sim, then this is just a non-issue for me and won't nitpick about it .. I'm just glad to have these aircrafts in DCS and grateful to the people behind this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 2 weeks later...

Hey folks,

The new blank livery for the A320 is done:

l4bW0P7.jpg

0PUIZY7.jpg

Also created a separate dirty/boneyard variant:

VwkCd6v.jpg

I'm currently finishing another blank repaint for the B737.

Took me two weeks of daily work creating the diffuse, normal and roughmet textures from scratch, and it came out even more detailed and accurate than the A320.

Only the weathering pass remains, and then I'll upload both liveries, and the PSD paintkits.

More screens under the spoiler.

njWpHN5.jpg

Zxb0dL1.jpg

TxJDyND.jpg

QWdp2ex.jpg

Spoiler

itLJLiF.jpg
iSXblkL.jpg

mHssM1A.jpg
RLkQLWq.jpg

3PfKfJE.jpg
SrFcaeS.jpg

lzrhJta.jpg
RZuXFEK.jpg

JOBdmMt.jpg
X4v5WC3.jpg

SSGqcCN.jpg
PVhhAJf.jpg

dsFHy3x.jpg
xLpRP9g.jpg

P.S. You won't be able to see it, but nearly all labels are accurate 😉

jbragHB.png

Edited by Minsky
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Dima | My DCS uploads

44 minutes ago, Minsky said:

Hey folks,

The new blank livery for the A320 is done:

l4bW0P7.jpg

0PUIZY7.jpg

Also created a separate dirty/boneyard variant:

VwkCd6v.jpg

I'm currently finishing another blank repaint for the B737.

Took me two weeks of daily work creating the diffuse, normal and roughmet textures from scratch, and it came out even more detailed and accurate than the A320.

Only the weathering pass remains, and then I'll upload both liveries, and the PSD paintkits.

More screens under the spoiler.

njWpHN5.jpg

Zxb0dL1.jpg

TxJDyND.jpg

QWdp2ex.jpg

Hide contents

itLJLiF.jpg
iSXblkL.jpg

mHssM1A.jpg
RLkQLWq.jpg

3PfKfJE.jpg
SrFcaeS.jpg

lzrhJta.jpg
RZuXFEK.jpg

JOBdmMt.jpg
X4v5WC3.jpg

SSGqcCN.jpg
PVhhAJf.jpg

dsFHy3x.jpg
xLpRP9g.jpg

P.S. You won't be able to see it, but nearly all labels are accurate 😉

jbragHB.png

Impressionnant !!!

• Like 2

The blank liveries pack is available for download:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3317890/

And the Marianas Livery Pack is coming along nicely:

chi330.jpg

asi330.jpg

asi320.jpg

abus320.jpg

aseu320.jpg

Air Busan 320
Air Seoul 320
Asia Pacific 727
Asia Pacific 757
Asiana Airlines 320
Asiana Airlines 330
China Airlines 330
Japan Airlines 747
Japan Airlines 737
Japan Airlines 330

Jeju Air 737
Jin Air 737
Korean Air 330
Skymark Airlines 737
Star Marianas Air Cessna var.1
Star Marianas Air Cessna var.2
T'way Air 737

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Dima | My DCS uploads

Hey guys, sharing this week's progress.

1. Overhauled the original A330 livery. The blank skin and PSD paintkit are available here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3317890/

1Oj5qHj.jpg

iLgjsFy.jpg

2. KAL livery, based on new template:

D1rIbVH.jpg

Marianas Livery Pack progress:

Air Busan 320
Air Seoul 320
Asia Pacific 727
Asia Pacific 757
Asiana Airlines 320
Asiana Airlines 330
China Airlines 330
Japan Airlines 747
Japan Airlines 737
Japan Airlines 330

Jeju Air 737
Jin Air 737
Korean Air 330
Skymark Airlines 737
Star Marianas Air Cessna var.1
Star Marianas Air Cessna var.2
T'way Air 737

3. Spent a lot of time creating a completely new set of textures for the C210.

Still need to add dirt and weathering before uploading. The PSD paintkit will also be provided.

y3Y2xOf.jpg

C1OIYoh.jpg

JZiqEVn.jpg

oTHPUjH.jpg

G0Hkh9x.jpg

6OeabpU.jpg

aCPz2CH.jpg

QIohVeh.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Dima | My DCS uploads

Loved what you did with the Cessna ... I will for sure place one with open doors at some of my airbases 👍

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Hi, Minsky.

How about Philippine Airlines / PAL Express (painted in the same livery) A320 ?

In my searching, CAM's A320 is never painted in Philippines' one.

Before COVID-19:

PAL Express's A320 might fly between Manila and Saipan.

After COVID-19:

Philippine Airlines' flights between Manila and Guam are made down-sized into A321.

+1

When you'll try to prepare a new paintkit for Boeing 727 , please wait my re-arrangement about its windows and doors.

About what I'm doing on 727, see here.

Done with the Star Marianas Air skins.

The last two (Marianas Air Transfer) look generic enough to use them on any DCS map.

Since I'll be placing about a dozen of these planes next to each other in my Marianas template, the reg numbers are fake (to minimize the cloning effect).

Fonts/colours/placements are accurate tho.

For the same reason all skins are sharing the single roughmet and normal map texture (to keep the performance impact to a minimum).

5ObT1Vw.jpg

POUsSsa.jpg

WvLqYxC.jpg

BNwJ9ux.jpg

5sFTcgs.jpg

P.S. "STAR" in Star Marianas Air stands for Saipan, Tinian, Aguijan, and Rota. Now you know 🙂 

EDIT: Philippines painted.

ykmoqyj.jpg

+Air Busan 320
    +Air Seoul 320
    +Asia Pacific 727
    +Asia Pacific 757
    +Asiana Airlines 320
    +Asiana Airlines 330
    +China Airlines 330
    +Japan Airlines 747
    +Japan Airlines 737
    +Japan Airlines 330