Can we get wing flex in the F-18C

crudboy12

I love the wing flex in BST's F-5E, and given the similar shape and thickness of the hornet's wings, I would expect them to vibrate and flex in a similar fashion during flight. It would be cool to see this in the F-18C, particularly given the high benchmark ED seems to be aiming to set with this aircraft. Another feature that has so far not been implemented in any DCS aircraft is vapor build up on the wings. A certain unnamed sim has this effect, and it is far older then DCS. Often, little things like this can make a big difference in making our virtual jets feel more real.

F-18-Vapour.jpg

Edited by crudboy12

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-10C, FC3, P-51, BF-109, UH-1, MI-8, KA-50, M2000C, AJS-37, Gazelle, F-5E, L-39, F-86, MiG-15, MiG-21.

The mechanics in the sim that must not be named are fairly recent, and came in only with v4.33 in late 2015 I believe. They are good though, it certainly reminds you that you need to monitor your loadout and cruise configurations if you don't want to spend half the mission bobbing about like a numpty.

And you could argue, given it's lineage, that DCS is just as old... changed beyond recognition, true, but just the latest in the line. Their main advantage is that they have access to all the code...

Edited by mkiii