I think more FC style modules would be cool

aidanw2000

So long as there's a PFM involved, I'll eat it up. :)
Precisely, if the reason for not having clickable cockpit because of lack of datas or maybe political, having PFM is enough for me. Most of critical function I mapped it on my hotas anyway and I almost not touching my keyboard or mouse excep for start or exit the game :). So FC3 Russian fighters like 29K, 27SM or France's M2KD are most welcome.

Cheers

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

More choice is always better than less.

Buy, fly and build missions with the modules you want to use.

PRECISELY

Specs: i7-7700, 16GB DDR4, GTX 970, win 10 x64, TM HOTAS warthog.

Modules: F-5, M-2000C, FC3, Mustang, Spitfire, Mig-15, Combined Arms, Black Shark.

I read a lot in this thread about ED's stance on future FC3 planes, could you guys please source that?

on topic: personally I don't need any future FC3 planes, but this attitude of 'what I want or bust' that people in this community always feel the need to pursue is not helping here. WinterH said it very well, this community is split and if there is any future FC3 content, that doesn't hurt the full-clickable crowd.

It's ww2 vs modern all over again tbh.

I would like to have more FC3 like planes if they have a AFM/PFM. I think FC3 birds are the only chance to fly the most recent planes like others said (MiG-29K, F-35, Gripen E etc).

A FC3 like bundle for different periods sounds good to me.

I think a 3rd party dev which already has a couple of planes from the same time can put them in a bundle without clickable cockpits and sell them together.

I am sure there are more people pro FC3 planes than against it, they just don't write in the forums. Just have a look in public online servers.

If hardcore simers who only accept full fidelity planes don't want to fight FC3 like bird, just start a full fidelity server where no FC3 planes are available.

Edited by schroedi
  • Like 1

Nah, douse the FC3 in gasoline and set it alight in flames :D.

MiG-29K, F-35 and Gripen E wouldn't happen even as FC3 in my opinion. Some other not so ridiculously new things may happen in FC3 guise, but I still believe it is not a good direction for the sim at all. At that point it isn't even remotely DCS anymore, at least current FC3 aircraft does mostly have systems they have IRL, as well as mostly the flight performance they have IRL. Those aircraft can only be done to a "our best guess" level, a-la '90s sims. Just radically different approach to what DCS has been so far.

Closest thing is Mirage 2000C, it is almost FC3 like in my opinion, since it has more guess work involved in it, as well as more gamey features such as free helmet mounted display mode with overlay of radar display on top of screen. I consider it one of my least favorite modules to put it as politely as possible, but that's OK, I don't need to enjoy everything, nor everyone else needs to enjoy what I do. Even I can admit to a degree those types of modules can be a decent fix for folks craving relatively newer aircraft to satiate their needs. So yeah, may be a little more of that sort (and hopefully only a little...).

But more FC? In that case I truly believe DCS aircraft and more FC aircraft simply shouldn't belong in the same sim.

With that I take my leave off the thread... we'll see in time whether there will be more FC things or not.

As much as I dislike the idea of FC3, I don't remember seeing concrete words from ED regarding "no more FC in the sim", contrary to what people keep saying. About a year ago, I even remember seeing a post from Chizh on Russian side, saying more FC may be a possibility in future, at least according to Google translate :D.

Like I've said, we'll see with time, unless someone from ED come and give a statement, which I really doubt happening. I do remember however, most 3rd parties saying that they are not interested in doing FC3. But we all know that the motto is "everything is subject to change".

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

...I truly believe DCS aircraft and more FC aircraft simply shouldn't belong in the same sim...

Or two branches of the same sim. They'd plug into the same DCS world but, otherwise, go with two different modeling philosophies. And, as a customer, you could move seamlessly between the two depending on your interests and needs at the time. Nor would identical aircraft have to exist in both, for that matter. It would definitely take more manpower than they currently have, though, to make something like this work.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Nah, I personally believe two branches of the same sim line of thought is not healthy. No offense intended, don't get me wrong.

One airframe existing in DCS means, at least so far, that it will be the only incarnation of it in the sim. If something is done FC3, I don't see it brought up to DCS level in basically forever. And regardless of however you cut it, DCS vs FC3 in the same environment is just isn't right in my view.

I'm OK with not everyone wanting high fidelity only, some people being ok with some guesstimation etc. But I believe there needs to be another sim for that, and branches of the same sim idea doesn't work in my opinion.

I believe that the flight sim scene really needs more alternatives/options, and this could actually be more to the benefit of DCS.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

There are better things to make than more FC3 aircraft.

For one, the scripting engine, mission editor and AI leaves a LOT to be desired, one of the main downfalls of DCS is the lack of content and more importantly, the lack of replayable content.

One airframe existing in DCS means, at least so far, that it will be the only incarnation of it in the sim. If something is done FC3, I don't see it brought up to DCS level in basically forever. And regardless of however you cut it, DCS vs FC3 in the same environment is just isn't right in my view.

I see where you're coming form but I don't think you fully understand what I'm saying. In a sense, I agree with you. But I'm saying that we keep the same world (DCS World). That part of the sim can be common to both. Other than that, they can go their separate ways. There does not need to be a full fidelity aircraft for each FC quality aircraft or vice versa. But, like I said, this approach would require more manpower than they currently have. So without more programmers, this approach is a nonstarter.

Online, this can be done now. Servers can be FC or full fidelity only.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Do FC level aircraft so we'd be able to have them flyable, develop them further if possible with the option to upgrade them to full fidelity. Too simple. Also focus on timeline appropriate theatres.

Edited by Raven434th

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

Sorry no way, i have another awesome looking game on steam to play on that level. DCS is for full fidelity or riot.

I7 7700k - Msi Z270 Gaming+

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

2x Samsung 850EVO 250/500 - 1x HDD 1TB

SAITEK-MAD CATZ CYBORG FLY 5 STICK

WIN 10

Then you should start rioting?

I'm not sure what you believe that you have in your hands that's 'full fidelity' anyway :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

As others have already said (including me), FC3 serves the purpose for aircraft with limited info and/or legal issues in modeling at DCS level. I wouldn't mind more FC3 level aircraft coming out, of course with PFM!

Show me one instance of that happening

The idea has been kicked around for the F-15.

and while we're at it, give me an incentive for a company to do %80 of the work after they have sold the thing with %20 effort.

The idea has received a lot of support. I've continually brought up my desire for a DCS F-15, and I'd pay for it too. If this kind of thing was planned from the start, the DCS side of the module could be priced as an upgrade. FC aircraft seem to be cheaper than DCS ones, after all the FC bundle has always been around the price of a DCS module or less.

If FC aircraft were so profitable, DCS would not exist. I don't know what happened to IRIS's forum, but they had a poll consider FC level aircraft for their modules. It was mobbed by people asking for ASM and IRIS announced that all their modules would be DCS level.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

I'm not sure what you believe that you have in your hands that's 'full fidelity' anyway :)

Wait, is there something that I should be aware of?

Intel i5-9600k - Asus TUF Z390 - 32GB DDR4 corsair - Gigabyte RTX 2070 - Seasonic 620W - SSD Crucial, HDD Seagate