Warthog with 12cm extension, curve settings?

I have a warthog stick with a 12cm extension and wondering if anyone out there in the know would have any suggestions on what to set the curve and dead zone settings at. being a longer stick than the standard warthog im guessing that those settings would be different.

:joystick:

I have used a 12cm extension with TMWH for years, mostly on rotary wings.

I have never felt a need for any curves or deadzones at all. Once I reduced the Y axis for the Gazelle for a while until I ot used to it and then removed it once I learnt to fly it correctly.

SIGBLOCK.png

Thats what I was thinking ...I have a 10cm and if anything you would be able to lessen your curves.

i7-9700K @ 5.0 l MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus MB l 32GB DDR4 2400 Ram l Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 l EVGA 3080 FTW l Win10 Pro l WarBRD/Warthog Hotas l VKB MkIV rudder Pedals l Reverb G2

Yep that's about my thinking as well, with the extension its close to the length in the various aircraft in real life. just wondering if they take into account that normal joysticks are short and have the same travel ruffly as each other and with the extension you have more. I remember reading in this forum a long while back saying not to adjust the settings as when they make the modules and the testing they do that they have set it up to be as realistic as possible, is that's realistic with a normal stick or if the extension alters things at all.

Maybe it dosnt make any difference and its just what you get used to.

Ive been adding +10 for the stick curvature for everything anyway.

Ive had this extension set up for about 2 years always wondered if it changed things at all.

cheers.

I sized my extension so that the horizontal displacement at the top matches the displacement of my real F-4 Phantom stick in the fore-to-aft pitch axis and mounted it so that the top is at the same height as well. I think I use a 15 cm extension. So, if you put the two sticks side by side, the sticks are the same height and the top of the grips stay together at full forward and full aft despite the differences in the actual length of the lever arm and permitted range of angles.

The real F-4 stick is much more limited in the roll axis, so I would have to use curves to make the Warthog reach full value at about halfway through the movement range. Instead, I don't use any curve and get very precise bank/roll control.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I agree with the others here.

I have a 12.5 cm extension, and do not use any curves at all.

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

Mav, you'll end up tweaking the curves many times to your preference anyway.

Many like no-curves, but even with 12.5 extension, the stick will be not quite comparable size-wise to real sticks and using full linear is not really more "realistic" than using heavy curvature.

I crafted my own 30 cm extension for Warthog, which seems a lot, but since the whole thing is still more than twice shorter than real Spitfire column, I still had to add 10% of curvature in pitch axis to make this particular plane behave somewhat believable.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.