Make Cleaner Cockpit Glass mods work with Integrity Check in 1.5.7+

Brinkyeti

Hi,

as a few people on the ACG Server Teamspeak were bummed out about the cleaner cockpit glass mods breaking the integrity check, here's how you can make 'em work without breaking the integrity check:

1. go into your "DCS World\Mods\aircraft\MIG-21bis\Liveries\Mig-21_CP" directory

2. copy the english or default (russian cockpit) folder in place and name it accordingly (e.g. english_clear_glass)

3. copy "CanopyGlass2.tga.dds" and "Hud_Glass.dds" from e.g. this mod into the newly created folder

4. open the "description.lua" file inside the new livery folder and add these two lines prior to the last closing brace:

{"CanopyGlass_New", 0, "CanopyGlass2.tga", false};
{"HUD_Glass", 0, "Hud_Glass", false};

be advised: if you have copied the "default" folder at step 2, the "description.lua" already contains the "CanopyGlass_New" Entry at Line 54.

So delete that Line or edit it so it reads the same as the code-posting above.

Start DCS and go to Settings->special->MiG-21bis->custom cockpit livery and select your newly created custom cockpit.

Shout out to the guy on TS yesterday which gave me this idea, i believe his name was Freezer :D

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have tried this without success. But i have other mods enabled like night vision and asp block, so could be that the problem lies there now

Spoiler

Modules: FC3, KA-50, MIG-21, F-18, F-14, UH-1H, Spitfire, F-5E, A-10c II, A-4E, SC, F-16, CA, M2000c, BF-109K-4, Mi-24P

Terrains:Nevada, Persian gulf, Normandy + Asset pack, Syria

PC setup:I7 8700k, 32g ram, m2 ssd, gtx 1080ti, Warthog TM, MFG crosswind, Playseat Air Force, Reverb G2

I have tried this without success. But i have other mods enabled like night vision and asp block, so could be that the problem lies there now

Can you elaborate as to what specifically isn't working?

Can you select your modified Cockpit but it's just displaying the default cockpit?

as a few people on the ACG Server Teamspeak were bummed out about the cleaner cockpit glass mods breaking the integrity check, here's how you can make 'em work without breaking the integrity check:

1. go into your "DCS World\Mods\aircraft\MIG-21bis\Liveries\Mig-21_CP" directory

2. copy the english or default (russian cockpit) folder in place and name it accordingly (e.g. english_clear_glass)

3. copy "CanopyGlass2.tga.dds" and "Hud_Glass.dds" from e.g. this mod into the newly created folder

4. open the "description.lua" file inside the new livery folder and add these two lines prior to the last closing brace:

Thanks, your instructions worked fine for me (I dont use any other Mods for MiG-21.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

@R1Lawsy

yup here's the link:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2732651/?sphrase_id=7581868

I would make a backup from the key-bindings before installing, it could change it to default bindings after installation

@Brinkyeti

The modded cockpit is working

Its just the integrity check like in the server tab for MP. My shield on top is in red and reads; integrity check failure.

I haven't tried to join a secure server, dunno if i'll get kicked or banned for all these mods

Edited by kurtz667
typo
Spoiler

Modules: FC3, KA-50, MIG-21, F-18, F-14, UH-1H, Spitfire, F-5E, A-10c II, A-4E, SC, F-16, CA, M2000c, BF-109K-4, Mi-24P

PC setup:I7 8700k, 32g ram, m2 ssd, gtx 1080ti, Warthog TM, MFG crosswind, Playseat Air Force, Reverb G2

@kurtz667

sorry i didnt reply for so long, currently not at home, should be back by this time tomorrow.

if i remember correctly DCS should say which file is causing the integrity-check failure if you mouse-over/left-click/right-click at the red shield on the server browser

@brinkyeti , Ow ok i didn't knew that. Latest update disabled the NVG mod and the integrity check is OK now and still have the clean glass

Thanks ;)

Edited by kurtz667
Spoiler