What type of warthog extension?

Buckeye

Seems that some guys have ran in to issues with certain brands/makes, so what do you all recommend for Warthog extensions? I am about to order a 10 or 12.5cm and want to make sure I get the best one available.

Simpit? Sahaj? MFG?

:joystick:

Edited by =Buckeye=

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Very pleased with my black extension by Sahaj!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

They all work equally well from a performance/usage standpoint. The difference only matters when you go to remove it. There is only one vendor, that I am aware of, that has duplicated the mating interface found on the Warthog stick which can make the difference between breaking the gimbal, or not, during removal.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Has anyone used the MFG extensions? If yes, have you had any issued removing the extension? I just ordered the Super Warthog Wheelstand Pro, and will be ordering a Warthog extension from someone to use with my Huey.

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

They all work equally well from a performance/usage standpoint. The difference only matters when you go to remove it. There is only one vendor, that I am aware of, that has duplicated the mating interface found on the Warthog stick which can make the difference between breaking the gimbal, or not, during removal.

Which manufacturer is this?

I'll be getting a TM Hornet stick as soon as they are available, so I'll need to remove this easily and safely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Has anyone used the MFG extensions? If yes, have you had any issued removing the extension? I just ordered the Super Warthog Wheelstand Pro, and will be ordering a Warthog extension from someone to use with my Huey.

lol I just ordered the same stand, just going to take the right stand off because I have a L-Shaped desk and it won't fit.

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

http://www.simpit.co.nz/index.php/features-2/projection-display-solutions-2/thrustmaster-extension

Removal of the stick is not an issue with the others, just removing the extension from the base.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I have the 50mm Virpil. Super happy with it because I wanted a shorter extension mainly to offset the grip. The price with shipping to the US is cheaper than the Sahaj before shipping as well.

Alienware 17 R3: Intel i7 6820HK @ 4 GHz, 16 GB DDR4, GTX 980M, 1TB Samsung NVMe 951 SSD, AW Graphics Amplifier w/ GTX 1080, TM HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Monstertech, MFG Crosswind, Jetseat KW-908

I haven't had any issues. But I see what Chiclidfad is talking about. You have to be careful when taking off the extension. I don't plan on taking mine off so it's not an issue for me. Having said, that, when I was making my own stand from a few scrap 2x4"s I was very careful in removing the extensions.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I ended up ordering a 15cm from my guy Sahaj, he was very responsive and I wanted to give him my business.

To those using a 15cm extension, do you think it's necessary to add a stronger spring?

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

Mine is about 20cm, 25cm and I didn't feel the need to add a stronger spring. Before the extension, I did the spring mod where you take the main springs out and use the four lower springs instead. I fly A10/Huey equally so I liked the loose setup. But with the extensions, I put the main spring back in . And it works fine for me. I didn't have to add any curves or deadzones.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I got the MFG one. 7.5 cm is just right for me. It sounds like a bit of antiseize on the threads may be in order. I am not worried about it at all.

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth

• 1 year later...

Yay or nay?

Just ordered de Virpil 10cm, I will tell you how it works when arrive:)

How has the Virpil 10cm worked out for you, dandealer?

Case: Corsair 750D ATX Full Tower | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core | RAM: 4 x G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 8 GB DDR4-3000 CL15 | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 8 GB Superclocked Gaming ACX 3.0 | HDD: 1x Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500 GB M.2-2280 SSD + 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB SSD | PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG278QR | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

yes and yes.

I put the MFG extension on my new Virpil T50 base. It was a little snug putting it on, but by no means did I have to force it. However, I can not remove it now. It's definitely on there and I doubt I can get it off without some serious force. I'm afraid I may damage the gimbal so for now it will be a permanent fixture on my T-50 base.

+1 for Sahaj, got a 10cm for my wheelstand pro. Great quality and covers too. Only issue was a mistake when he sent the wrong cover size, but he sent me the correct one a few days later. Make sure to confirm the stick cover lenght before it ships out.

I'm using the VPC 75mm one, with the VPC deskmount. Had to relearn flying, made such a positive difference.

Be careful though when threading on the extension, i wrecked my "articulation sphere" when i twisted it on. I don't blame VPC at all, the warthog has seen better days and i wasn't careful enough :)

• 4 months later...

Multiple persons mention how removing an extension will damage the gimbal ball inside the Warthog base. How exactly will it damage the gimbal? Is it because unscrewing the extension one cannot grip and hold gimbal to prevent it from rotating? And this will make the plastic absorb the yawing and make it break?

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

Correct.

The original stick has a locking detent so it holds the gimbal in place, but extensions and 3rd party grips don't, so there's a risk too much force will be transfered to the gimbal when unscrewing.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro