JTAC 'No Mark'

Tripps

Hi Guys,

I’m hoping someone can help me.

How do I hit a target with a GBU when the JTAC Controller calls ‘No Mark’…

Obviously I’m missing something and thought I would reach out to the community for help.

Respectfully,

Tripps

Realistically the controller might not mark the target be it smoke, laser, gun fire or anything else. Without mark the target is identified by position and description. It is practical and perhaps even common to mark a target with laser and also lase for guidance during the attack, but nothing about delivering an LGB requires a laser mark or any mark at all.

The problem exists in DCS that the controller will request a LGW from a platform which is incapable of self-lasing and not provide lasing of its own. There are also situations which suggest using off-board laser guidance despite the platform being capable which the DCS controller won't necessarily take advantage of. Thirdly, I doubt the DCS controller checks if the platform is LST capable before marking by designator (although it might). Lastly the controller may designate by laser using a PRF code not matching the weapon which is incorrect procedure (if the weapon is set to a fixed code, controller must match it).

A properly-constructed mission will specify the target is lased by the code matching the LGB code programmed for the Mirage. If the laser isn't given then that's the fault of the mission maker.

I didnt have any issues with LGBs on 1.5.7. If the target is on WP or WP offset you can find it easily. Then ask the JTAC to LASER ON and mark the target with the TAS. Do the CCRP procedure and the bomb will even enter through a window if that was the target :)

I did it an hour ago and had no trouble. Now im back in 1.5.6 so cant try again, but it works.

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

• 1 month later...
I didnt have any issues with LGBs on 1.5.7. If the target is on WP or WP offset you can find it easily. Then ask the JTAC to LASER ON and mark the target with the TAS. Do the CCRP procedure and the bomb will even enter through a window if that was the target :)

I did it an hour ago and had no trouble. Now im back in 1.5.6 so cant try again, but it works.

It’s very seldom to see target located super close to WP on the battlefied. I’m having no problems to follow procedure you describe but when doing MP mission the JTAC OPS are simply not for M2 these days because you don’t see target being lased.

Edited by yogipol

HP Reverb, Intel I7 9700K, Zotac GTX 2080Ti, 32GB Ram @4000Mhz Corsair, SDD M.2 500GB Samsung 970 PRO

• 1 month later...