Worried CH Products

I have read that there are a lot of BSOD when using CH Products and windows 10. I heard when you use CH Manager.

Hi Chewy,

I gave up CH when I bult a new rig with Win 10 in it. CH Manager never worked and always would loose the joystick/throttle/pedal in any attempt to program it. I used it in direct mode for a while and eventually changed to a A-10 Warthog HOTAS. I am still using the pedals until my MFG Crosswinds arrive.

Anyway, I got some BSOD, but not all the time. I'd say 1 in 20 attempts to program it.

Good luck,

Sydy

I have used the CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pedals for the last several years with Elite Dangerous and DCS in VR and have had no issues whatsoever (Im on Win 10). They have proved to be very accurate and reliable and well made ( unlike the TM Warthog HOTAS with its rampant sticktion & inferior internal components issues). I never use the Control Manager but use the CH Calibration Utility when needed (not often). Personally, after reading so many postings from unhappy TM Warthog owners, I would stay the hell away from TM. FYI CH also builds joysticks for industrial and professional use. They know what they are doing and it is reflected in the performance and quality of their products.

Edited by lasvideo

Win 10 I7 6700K @ 4.0 GHZ. 16 gig memory GTX 1070 SSD

My CH setup has been great too...

For one that like their "feel" the "hardware" parts of CH sticks can be considered "bullet proof" relatively to other sticks brands.

But the key question for OP is if CH Manager (keymapper) is stable under Windows 10.

I have used the CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pedals for the last several years with Elite Dangerous and DCS in VR and have had no issues whatsoever (Im on Win 10). They have proved to be very accurate and reliable and well made ( unlike the TM Warthog HOTAS with its rampant sticktion & inferior internal components issues). I never use the Control Manager but use the CH Calibration Utility when needed (not often). Personally, after reading so many postings from unhappy TM Warthog owners, I would stay the hell away from TM. FYI CH also builds joysticks for industrial and professional use. They know what they are doing and it is reflected in the performance and quality of their products.

Hey Chewie here are my 2 Cents:

I own the Warthog an I have absolutely no problems at all. It's super accurate and feels amazing. But as stated by lasvideo and JetwasH, there are issues with TM-Products all across there range and i have to admit, that i prepared myself to send it back and get a refund if i would encounter any problems from the get go. I have the impression that the majority of the Warthog users are happy and don't have issues, but at this price point...everybody has to decide if he takes a chance :joystick:

My experience with the CH-Products on the other hand is, that they are very well build and are really made to last to industrial/professional standards.

I bought the Warthog just because i fly the A-10 predominantly.

Regarding the feel and use with other modules with the warthog i can say that it feels great on any modern aircraft since it's basically the same Stick they use in the F-16 C/D. I use it with the M2K as well as the F5-E and the F-16 (in an not to be mentioned Sim - please ED give us DCS-Viper so i can uninstall it :D) with a lot of joy and it feels as good as it possibly can without FFB

I suggest to also have a look at the guys over at VKB - they offer very nice sticks too and there full metal base is compatible with the Warthog stick so you can eliminate the number one issue with the Warthog - the plastic interior. Many here in the forums praise the VKB stuff.

Cheers

Main Module: AH-64D

Personal Wishlist: HH-60G, F-117A, B-52H

i only use ch manager to calibrate my devices when they loose their centerings.

i have never seen bsod or other problems with win 10.

i have full set of ch products

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

based on the forum thread below is seems like it has to do with the CHManager software

http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/index.php?/topic/8223-the-never-ending-chdrvr01-problem/

In all my years of using CH HOTAS, Ive never once had the need to use the CH Manager. I do use the CH calibration software very infrequently.

Win 10 I7 6700K @ 4.0 GHZ. 16 gig memory GTX 1070 SSD