Airplane viewpoint

Precog

Hey Pilots,

I can't for the life of me change the viewpoint (other than move my head and hit re-centre). Is there a way to setup your viewpoint for each aircraft and save it as default? The 'camera view' key commands don't seem to do anything? Are they disabled in VR?

In XPLANE and Preap3rd I just use the arrow keys to move viewpoint in/out and up/down.

Check out my 'real world'

video series

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nope..that doesn't work either. Tried re-assigning the move cockpit camera view to different keys and still has no effect. The only key that works is re-centre.

video series

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not arrows. RCTRL + RSHIFT + numeric keypad 2, 4, 6, 8 works. Right Alt+KP0 saves.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Still no joy. Doesn't work in DCS 2.1 either....most likely I'm doing something stupid. I might load up with tackir and see if it works outside of VR. Otherwise, I'll have to manually edit the snapview files.

video series

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK...so it works in NON-VR. With VR enabled, those key commands dont work and I can't alter the viewpoint. Must be disabled. Is this the case very other users?

video series

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For me it works. The camera on some AC is screwed (moved to the right in my case) and this is how I fix it but it is saved only for the current session, after a restart I need to fix it again.

Very very annoying issue.

Try to check numpad lock and try again.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not arrows. RCTRL + RSHIFT + numeric keypad 2, 4, 6, 8 works. Right Alt+KP0 saves.

Which is exactly what I said. Under the numbers on the numpad keys you will see arrows too!

If the keys don't work, you can try renaming the saved games folder, letting DCS World rebuild it on a restart, and try again.

If it then works, you will know there is a corruption in the saved games tree, that needs to be dealt with, then you can revert back to the original files, and not lose your key mapping etc.