How to disable mouse crosshair move with my head and mouse at the same time?

jozeff

Dear all,

Suddenly I have a crosshair in vr (DCS 1.5, oculus) that moves using my mouse AND moving my head at the same time. I used to move swithes and dials using my mouse only. Now I have to hold my head still and turn the dials with my mousewheel. I would like to only move the crosshair with my mouse.

How do I do that? Have tried several things but none worked.

tnx!!!

Jozeff

+1

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I use open beta and there is a vr section in the options meu with 3 options, the middle one is for use mouse or use fixed cursor to headset, dont know for the non beta version...

Hope this helps

Doesn't solve this issue - that is to allow you to use the mouse to control the curser instead of just your head movements. If there was that options exact oposite that would be the go - so JUST use mouse to move curser, not head movement.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nope - My head and my mouse both move the blue/green cross in VR...at the same time..

Edited by VampireNZ

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 years later...

Been asked for many times, but no joy, I’m afraid. 

• Like 1

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

• 2 weeks later...

It would indeed be great if the mouse in VR moved relative to the cockpit (like it does in the menu/title screen) and not tied to the head movements, or at least the option to disable being tied to head movements.

Using a mouse to click switches in VR can be quite frustrating when little head movements mean the mouse moves away from the switch you're trying to get to - *but* I can also see that it might be an issue with persepective when looking at switches to the side or hidden behind objects, and lateral movement also coming into play?

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, SquidgyB said:

It would indeed be great if the mouse in VR moved relative to the cockpit (like it does in the menu/title screen) and not tied to the head movements, or at least the option to disable being tied to head movements.

Using a mouse to click switches in VR can be quite frustrating when little head movements mean the mouse moves away from the switch you're trying to get to - *but* I can also see that it might be an issue with persepective when looking at switches to the side or hidden behind objects, and lateral movement also coming into play?

Fully agree making that a selectable option would be very nice.

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

this should be so easy to solve...
Inputing coordinates is a nightmare. 
please ED! 

Edited by t-stoff
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"The nation which forgets its defenders will be itself forgotten"

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

IMHO, it is not a problem. I use both at the same time.
When I need to go from side to side of the cockpit I use the head, center in the desired area and then use the mouse in that area. I can even use the head in the small area but I prefer the mouse.
For instance in the UFC, I can use the head to go from number 1 to Enter but I prefer to look at number 5 and use the mouse inside the UFC.
Cheers

P.S: I use Quest 2

vor 2 Stunden schrieb mrwell:

IMHO, it is not a problem. I use both at the same time.
When I need to go from side to side of the cockpit I use the head, center in the desired area and then use the mouse in that area. I can even use the head in the small area but I prefer the mouse.
For instance in the UFC, I can use the head to go from number 1 to Enter but I prefer to look at number 5 and use the mouse inside the UFC.
Cheers

P.S: I use Quest 2

The problem is that the head tracking makes it very shaky to use the mouse and it feels "wrong".
The courser never stand still. It is wobbleing around the whole time.

• Like 2

I understand. With my Quest 2 the head tracking is rock solid. I don't know if you have in to out tracking or viceversa but illumination is vital on it. For in to out (quest2), a good one. With Vive tracking, avoid mirrors, glass and direct or bounced sun beams.
Cheers