Looking for a new book

Mtnbiker1998

We aren't allowed to have our phones at school here, so I've taken a technological step backwards and starting reading paper books (Blasphemy I know!) Not that I'm complaining, I love to read, no matter it be paper or pixels. After my last few books have been WW2, With the Old Breed by E.B. Sledge, Never Call me A Hero By Norman Kleiss (Which is a fairly new book, very great read on the battle of midway if you haven't read it yet) And Band Of Brothers.

So I'm looking for a change of pace away from WW2, Particularly I've been hungry for some Vietnam Aviation stories. I find the Vietnam war to be extremely interesting, given the controversy and politics of the war, as well as it being a very interesting time Culturally for America. I find that its a war story best told from the air, As it provides the reader with a much wider view of the battle both literally, being above the thick jungles, and in the prospect that the writers are officers with a much greater understanding of whats going on than a regular rifleman would have.

I've Read the 2 classics, Chickenhawk and Low Level Hell, as well as Guts & Gunships by Mark Garrison. All excellent reads, though very rotor-heavy. I'd love to hear some stories from fixed-wing pilots, So if anyone wants to suggest any good books I'd love to hear them! Particularly if you know any good books on Skyraiders, They seem like they'd have some good stories to tell.

Thanks!

Come fly with me, lets fly, lets fly away! -Sinatra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Specs: Lenovo Y50 with GTX 860m (2GB), i7 4700HQ 2.4GHz, 8GB Ram. Corsair K70(MX Blues are awesome!), Benq GW2760HS monitor, Steelseries V3 Prism headset, TM Warthog Hotas, Sidewinder FFB2 W/ FLCS grip, CH Pro pedals, TrackIR5, KW-908 Jetseat

I dont know any on Skyraiders, but this book was really interesting and tells the story of one of the USAF Vietnam aces:

https://www.amazon.com/Fighter-Pilot-Memoirs-Legendary-Robin/dp/0312569513

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

One of the the best books I've ever read about Viet Nam and flying, "Thud Ridge" by Col Jack Broughton. If you like that, get his next one about his life as a pilot called, "Going Downtown". He was a 105 driver and both books are absolutely spellbinding. You won't regret getting them. They are both available at amazon.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Try "Cheating Death Combat Air Rescues in Vietnam and Laos" by George Marrett

Ooooh yes! You sir have read my mind! I'd heard of the Sandy pilots and have been curious about them, Bought it immediately. And since its fairly short I picked Up Robin Old's Memoir as well. I figured A book on an Ace would be a good contrast to the Sandy's Adventures.

Thanks very much everyone!!!

Come fly with me, lets fly, lets fly away! -Sinatra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Specs: Lenovo Y50 with GTX 860m (2GB), i7 4700HQ 2.4GHz, 8GB Ram. Corsair K70(MX Blues are awesome!), Benq GW2760HS monitor, Steelseries V3 Prism headset, TM Warthog Hotas, Sidewinder FFB2 W/ FLCS grip, CH Pro pedals, TrackIR5, KW-908 Jetseat