HOTAS Warthog POV Problem

Hello, guys.

My DCS (in both version 1.5 and 2.0) is not recognizing the throttle POV Up and Down, when I test it on the controller properties, it shows that it is working perfectly (attached images).

All other 6 positions of the POV and all other buttons are recognized in the DCS, only the POV Up and down not.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

warthog.jpg.8e5fcd0923438fe0f018a26fdfc52969.jpg

warthog2.jpg.0241e22340eb3cf0a437e8ed5e0ebbb8.jpg

Windows 10 64 Bits | Intel I7-3770 | Corsair H100i | 16GB DDR3 | 128GB + 480gb SSD | GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | TrackIR 5 | HOTAS Warthog | CH Pro Pedals

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If it was broken, it wouldn't work in his calibration panel either, and yet it does.

Never used it myself, though, will test on my throttle later today.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Hi Wilhelms,

Contact TM Support. Your POV is broken.

Take care,

Sydy

Hello, Sydy.

The POV is not broken, it works perfectly in controller properties and in other games, only in DCS that POV does not work Up and Down.

Windows 10 64 Bits | Intel I7-3770 | Corsair H100i | 16GB DDR3 | 128GB + 480gb SSD | GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | TrackIR 5 | HOTAS Warthog | CH Pro Pedals

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello, Sydy.

The POV is not broken, it works perfectly in controller properties and in other games, only in DCS that POV does not work Up and Down.

I think there may be a bit of a bug in DCS in this regard, I have noticed sometimes similar happens to me as well with those buttons on the throttle in DCS.

It has been a while so can't really say for sure, but I remember really struggling to get a couple of them to assign properly and just gave up and used another one. Pretty sure it was on the throttle hat buttons as well.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I think there may be a bit of a bug in DCS in this regard, I have noticed sometimes similar happens to me as well with those buttons on the throttle in DCS.

It has been a while so can't really say for sure, but I remember really struggling to get a couple of them to assign properly and just gave up and used another one. Pretty sure it was on the throttle hat buttons as well.

I've never had this problem. I tried several ways to solve this problem, but I did not succeed. I had to set POV Up left and down right to use using Coolie Switch up and down.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's more than a little bit of a bug if you can't trim your aircraft.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I have tried mine both as independent throttle and programmed as TARGET virtual controller and get normal response from DCS.

Things to try:

1. Are the throttle POV directions valid buttons when used with other games?

2. Select the POV direction from the dropdown list in DCS, bypassing autodetect

3. Different control entries to assign this button: fire cannon, raise landing gear, anything

4. Program the throttle as TARGET virtual controller with POV buttons assigned to POV hat.

5. Update throttle firmware

6. Update TARGET software

If the JOY.cpl dialog shows your POV presses in all directions it is almost certainly a fixable software problem.

The pictures in OP topic show that POV HAT up/down are pressing the correct corners, so the issue is in DCS assignments (as he inform that work OK in other games) and not fault in joystick POV HAT.

attachment.php?attachmentid=166931&d=1501899927

https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=166930&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1501899927

Hence the question, for what functions are trying use POV HAT up/down? For trim?

The pictures of Windows Game Controllerin OP topic show that POV HAT up/down are pressing the buttons, so the issue is in DCS assignments (as he inform that work OK in other games) and not fault in joystick POV HAT.

attachment.php?attachmentid=166931&d=1501899927

Hence the question, for what functions are trying use POV HAT up/down?

For trim?

Edited by Sokol1_br