Mods and 1.5.7.xx

mastersetter

I have some mods that used prior to upgrading to 1.5.7.. and none of them work now. Things like the coloured cockpit glass, pmmtc 2.3, better smoke/fire and gau 8 sounds etc How can I get these working through jsgme now? I don't play online so I'm not worried about any issues with that..

i5-7600K @ 4.8 | 32GB | 1080 | Rift S | TM MFD & WH HOTAS-10mm ext + TFRP

Adding the folder doesn't work for me, only things I can get working are ricardos hd cockpit & the updated rwr sounds. Nothing else seems to work atm.

For me it doesn´t work either...

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

For me it doesn´t work either...

My X:\Users\Chump\Saved Games directory structure (simplified):

Saved Games
 DCS
   Config
   Kneeboard
   Mods
     aircraft
       [additional airframe mods]
       B2
       Douglas DC3
       [etc.]
     tech
       [additional tech/ground mods]
       476 Range Targets
       Cruise Ship
       german shepard
       V1
       [etc.]
   Screenshots
   Tracks

All of my other mods (cockpits, LUA tweaks, etc.) go in the normal DCS directories via OvGME. My custom liveries are loaded via an entry.lua in Saved Games pointing to another drive external to any DCS folders. I'm also using symbolic links to minimize redundancy in Saved Games across the three DCS versions.

I hope that this helps. If not, I'd be glad to clarify anything.

What is it exactly (what mod) that y'all are having issues with if you don't mind me asking?

• Like 1

For me, the yellow windscreen v1, Pick kings 2.3 terrain, a few others from the 476th like weapon repaints, suite 5.5 tad mod & black hud text etc.. Not a big issue but these things add to the experience for me. Had them all working fine until the update, like I said I'm not concerned about the online IC issue.

For me, the yellow windscreen v1, Pick kings 2.3 terrain, a few others from the 476th like weapon repaints, suite 5.5 tad mod & black hud text etc.. Not a big issue but these things add to the experience for me. Had them all working fine until the update, like I said I'm not concerned about the online IC issue.

All of the mods that you listed are simple tweaks to the existing files, not new planes/vehicles. If you are not concerned about the IC yelling at you, they should all still work using the old method of placing them into the main DCS directory using your favorite method (JSGME, OvGME, manual). What version of DCS are you not able to get these working for you?

What is it exactly (what mod) that y'all are having issues with if you don't mind me asking?

Not at all,I´m having issues with Reshade 3.0.7.

Thanks Chump

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

Not at all,I´m having issues with Reshade 3.0.7.

Thanks Chump

I just updated to ReShade v3.0.8.183 without issues (even using previous settings). My simplified X:/DCS World/bin directory looks like:

DCS World
 bin
   reshade-shaders
     Shaders
     Textures
   dxgi.dll
   dxgi.ini
   Reshade.ini (my profile)

There was no need to mess with Saved Games for this one, as it goes directly into the /bin folder. I noticed that DCS doesn't even see these files for a cleanup, and it doesn't even seem to care as far as the IC is concerned (if you want to do multiplayer).

If you are using the ReShade executable for the install, just point it at X:\DCS World\bin\DCS.exe and select the DX10 option. It will install what it needs. Fire up DCS afterwards and you should see the ReShade banner during load. If you are installing it manually, just drop the files into X:\DCS World\bin.

All of the mods that you listed are simple tweaks to the existing files, not new planes/vehicles. If you are not concerned about the IC yelling at you, they should all still work using the old method of placing them into the main DCS directory using your favorite method (JSGME, OvGME, manual). What version of DCS are you not able to get these working for you?

Well this is the thing, I had them all working fine, until I updated to 1.5.7.7741. Now none of the graphic tweaks are working.. just the sound mods to rwr & gau8 plus ricardos worn cockpit. Using jsgme 2.6.0 Nothing I have have tried has worked, manually putting the files in or the save game folder either..

Well this is the thing, I had them all working fine, until I updated to 1.5.7.7741. Now none of the graphic tweaks are working.. just the sound mods to rwr & gau8 plus ricardos worn cockpit. Using jsgme 2.6.0 Nothing I have have tried has worked, manually putting the files in or the save game folder either..

I just quickly tested the AGM-65D (via the Encyclopedia to verify color change) from 476th-Weapon Repaint mod on DCS 1.5.7. It worked fine using the directory structure in the original file.

DCS World
 Bazar
   World
     Shapes
       tgm-65h.edm
     textures
       A-10_Weapons
         agm_65d_n.bmp.dds
         etc.

Please verify that your JSGME zip file is correct. Since I do not use JSGME, I am unable to help you there. Maybe someone else can upload their working zip?

Ok, just tried it manually and I have it working ;) I will go through the others and see, can you check the v1 yellow windscreen mod for me please? It wont show for me no matter what I do..

Ok, just tried it manually and I have it working ;) I will go through the others and see, can you check the v1 yellow windscreen mod for me please? It wont show for me no matter what I do..

Okay, you got me on that one. It did not work for me, unless it was very, very faint; it was not obvious. I am wondering if maybe ED changed the way that the DDS/transparency works. I know that various changes have been showing up in DCS 1.5.x lately from 2.1.x. It would be great if someone that had some image experience could take a look at this. I am a coder, not a graphics person by trade. I wish I could help further, but this one seems out of my realm. :)

I just updated to ReShade v3.0.8.183 without issues (even using previous settings). My simplified X:/DCS World/bin directory looks like:

DCS World
 bin
   reshade-shaders
     Shaders
     Textures
   dxgi.dll
   dxgi.ini
   Reshade.ini (my profile)

There was no need to mess with Saved Games for this one, as it goes directly into the /bin folder. I noticed that DCS doesn't even see these files for a cleanup, and it doesn't even seem to care as far as the IC is concerned (if you want to do multiplayer).

If you are using the ReShade executable for the install, just point it at X:\DCS World\bin\DCS.exe and select the DX10 option. It will install what it needs. Fire up DCS afterwards and you should see the ReShade banner during load. If you are installing it manually, just drop the files into X:\DCS World\bin.

Thanks for your help Chump :thumbup: :thumbup: