Mission 1 - Bingo fuel and bale outs?

imacken

I've tried M1 a few times, and although I do fairly straight flying through the waypoints, every time 2 or 3 of my squadron say they are at bingo fuel, and always have to bale out when near base airport.

Is this normal?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

From Bunyaps post about the campaign:

"Fuel management is critical and the entire route does not have to be flown at low level and at high speed. In fact, these will be very short missions if you do because you will quickly burn through your fuel. Engine RPM settings of 1800-2400 and boost settings of no more than +2 were the norm when out of combat and will allow you to stay in the air much longer."

WB.

Thanks WB. However, not sure that answers the issue as my Spit has no problem with fuel, it’s the AI planes that always run out and bale. I’ve got no control of them!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I've just noticed another section from Bunyap's notes:

- The rest of the squadron is going to run out of fuel first and this is perfectly normal. Any speed, altitude, or course change you make along the way is amplified for the aircraft trying to stay in formation. Higher throttle and RPM settings are required in order to stay in position so it is important to keep this in mind while making course changes. Fly smoothly like any good flight lead and your squadron will be able to stay airborne much longer.

I guess that answres it, but frankly, I wasn't doing much in the way of flight, altitude, or course changes.

Does the fact that this thread has been moved ‘Problems and Bugs’ have any significance?

Does the fact that this thread has been moved ‘Problems and Bugs’ have any significance?

I'm just some guy who supplies the briefings but I haven't heard of any other reports of this. When you say you have no control over them, are you telling them to return to base at any point?

YduBg3V.png

As a rule of thumb, I head in the general direction of a good front lines crossing point when I hear the first 'bingo fuel' call and to keep the number of subsequent attacks to one or two. I don't worry too much at this point because they still have a reserve. I keep them in formation until the front lines are crossed and issue the command to RTB on the friendly side.

Apart from a fringe case here and there when the airfield is very busy with other squadrons taking off or landing, they should have no trouble making it home. I suppose the trick is to conserve fuel aggressively whenever possible so they do not get in a bad spot in the first place.

Let me know if you still have trouble with them but I believe this will do the trick.

Thanks Bunyap.

When trying Mission 1, I just fly to each waypoint, not doing any real deviations or regular height changes. At some point usually at the furthest south point, I get one or two messages from guys in my main flight saying that they are at bingo fuel.

Usually I tend to head back to base following the waypoints and issue the RTB command to the other guys. Almost always one of them crashes before we reach base, and at least one other while circling around the base airfield. They seem to take forever to make a landing attempt.

As an aside, how do I issue a command to selected planes, and not just a blanket command to everyone in the flight?

I think this has been reported previously. I've got the same problems with Mirage 2000C AI and Viggen AI. They take forever to land and sometimes go into misses approach, and they end up using all the fuel and eject the aircraft.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits