P-51D 'Frenesi'

VH-Rock

At this years Flying Legends air show, I had the fantastic opportunity to help crew a couple of P-51 Mustangs in the run up to the show (Berlin Express & Frenesi). I'm no warbird mechanic so my duties were restricted to cleaning and 'pass me this, go get that' sort of thing but who cares! I loved every second of it :) It also gave me the opportunity to get into very close contact with these aircraft and take hundreds of photos - allowing me to skin them to a very high level of accuracy. Here's an early look at Frenesi - still some work for be done, but she's getting there :)

I've spent quite a bit of time over the last few weeks working on bring the Mustang template up to date with the new deferred shading in 2.1 and I'm finally starting to be please with the results :)

Screen_170806_181211.png

And here's one just for fun...

Fren1.png

Virtual Horsemen - Right Wing (P-51)  - 2008... 

Virtual Ultimate Fighters - Lead (P-47) - 2020...

You've got the OD and neutral gray down pat, tone-wise. A very beautiful job on a rare OD "Stang".

Well done, looking forward to fying it when released!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Remembering Arlie "Jack" Campbell, US Army Air Forces, WWII. Well done dad, rest in peace.

• 3 weeks later...

Any news on these?

FC3, UH-1, P-51D, Mi-8, A-10C, F-86F, FW 190D9, KA-50, Gazelle, Mig 21, M-2000C, F-5E, Spitfire IX, A/V-8B, F/A-18C, F-14, FW 190A8, F-16C, P-47D

NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf

Virpil: Warbrd, Alpha-R, Mongoose CM-2 throttle, Warbrd rudder

• 6 months later...

Hi VH-Rock,

any news about Frenesi?

It looks soo great :thumbup:

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |